Chevy Equinox? Cathe fans have an opinion?

susieq

Cathlete
I'm going to trade for a small to midsize SUV, have to get a used one, probably an 06. Anyone have an equinox or something similar that they like?

Thanks!!

My daughter used to have an equinox and she loved it. It handled very well. She had compared safety ratings with it and other vehicles before she decided to get it and liked it stats. Unfortunately she later got to test out those ratings when she was involved in a wreck on the freeway. The good news is the vehicle did what it was suppose to do and took the impact and protected her. Unfortunately it was totaled and she wasn't able to find a used one at the time to replace it so she got something else.

My mom & dad have one & I got to drive it quite a bit at the first of the year. I loved it, & so do they. Seemed to use up a lot more gas than my Nissan does, tho'.

My hubby and I were looking for a small to mid-size SUV last August. It came down to the Equinox and the Honda CRV. I loved both. We ended up going with the CRV for two reasons: 1) I was trading in a GM vehicle that we had TONS of problems with and I was reluctant to go with GM again, and 2) we got a much better deal on the Honda. The two downsides of my Honda purchase: 1) I miss the OnStar service, and 2) I don't get that great of gas mileage on the CRV because it's all-wheel drive. I did love it when we got a lot of snow this year though. The CRV plowed right through it without any problem. Anyway, hope this isn't too much info, and good luck making a choice!!!
Paula

Thanks for the info!!

So sorrry about your daughters wreck dreamyjeanie! That's a terrible thing to go through. Good to know it meets safety standards.

Jane, good to hear your folks like it! I'm actually downsizing, so I am thinking I'll like the mileage!

Paula, I am considering the crv also, but not finding anything in my price range.

On that magic thing called Craigslist I have found an 07 for $13,000. I'm going to take a look at it.

Thanks again!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.