:::: CHEETAHS :::: Rise and SHINE Saturday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin', girls! http://www.wdisneyw.com/forums/images/smilies05/flowerysmile.gif

Another day of exciting (for me! :7) fussball in store. http://www.wdisneyw.com/forums/images/smilies05/ohyes.gif Will do a FB weight workout today -- perhaps dusting off the k'bells. So much for TT. http://www.wdisneyw.com/forums/images/smilies/shrug.gif Just not feelin' it right now.

Gloria -- nice chattin' with ya yesterday. :) That is interesting about your principal. It looks like such a demanding job; I can imagine it would be hard for a mom. It's tough to let good people go, isn't it?...Thank you; as I said, I really do not know what some others are seeing. It's nice, but I definitely plan to stay in the classroom for quite awhile. I saw Calkins in Philly a few years ago. She's good but is mostly geared to elementary, so I've followed Atwell a little more. She's similar but more geared to the MS. I had the opportunity to see a Gallagher workshop, too, and he is simply brilliant. He's written Reading Reasons (great if you've got reluctant readers who need to see the real-world value of reading in their lives), Deeper Reading, and Teaching Adolescent Writers. The latter two are targeted to the secondary level, but I do think there is much you could use at the fifth grade level. Also Socratic Circles by Matt Copeland. Anything by Rick Wormeli. Fair Isn't Always Equal is outstanding. This reminds me, I need to organize my bookshelves, which are starting to overflow.

Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone!
http://www.wdisneyw.com/forums/images/smilies2004/uppy.gif

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning.

Well I have a race this morning. It's a 5k in the town right next to me so it shouldn't take long. I hope it's not hot/humid like it was last week!x(

Cathy: Enjoy fussball and you full body weight work out. Sorry TT just isn't doin' it for ya right now. Perhaps you'll be more into it at some time in the future. :)

BBL!

What's up cheetahs?!!

cathy- what's up with TT? thought you were lovin' it. it's all good it will be there when you are ready to pick it up again.

wendy- go get 'em girl!! hopefully the weather will cooperate. i ordered the fat burnin' SWAT workout yesterday...thanks for the enable!

jackie- meant to tell you before i just love your workout room!! have to admit i did purchase a couple of the new itrains even though i said i wouldn't due to the price increase. however it is now few and far in between.

today's workout is a run on the TM using CC#4 and back and biceps with dh.

have a great saturday all!!

Sunny: I hope you enjoye the SWAT work out as much as I did! You'll have to let me know what you think!}( I am jealous, as much as I like racing, I actually wish I were going to the gym to do a CC or an Itread this morning. After the encouraging TM run the other day I am chomping at the bit to get back there!:D Hope you have DOMS in your back and bi's tmrw! Somehow I think that is pretty much garunteed though!;)

Good morning cheetahs! Back to working nites tonight. That may be a challenge to me. My body has definitely gotten used to early rising. My internal alarm clock roused me at 0600 as usual this morning. Well, I'll work out hard and hopefully be tired enough to get in a good long nap later. My house hunting trip was a tad disappointing. The first house I went to was the most promising and I ruled it out right away (wont bore you with details) . The second one is still a possibility tho. Still, I doubt it. Starting next Wednesday I have a 5 nite stretch off so DH and I will get together and look at more. I really blew it tho on my timing. Started back WAY too late and got caught in the Late Friday Philly traffic!

Cathy- Great run and pace yesterday! Back to the long run tomorrow? Have a great day with fussball and the KBs!

Wendy- Another race?? Wow, you're on fire cheetahgirl! Hope the weather cooperates!! HAVE FUN! Hey, I think it's great strategy not to hop back on that TM too soon and get in a good outdoor run.

Christine- Love my apartment! Glad you are back home safe and sound... back into the smoke and fire zone from what I hear in the news!! amazing you had the energy for that workout after all that travel! So you did get a new bike? What did you get?

Marcia- I think I may have been spelling your name wrong before... sorry bout that! I'm usually more attentive, but alot has happened to me lately and I'd forget where my head was if it wasn't attached to me! Hope you had a very lovely and restorative rest day yest.!

Judy- forced rest days today?? I try to schedule rest days when I'm busy with all sorts of other stuff so I'm not tempted to work out.

Jackie- My heavy bag was a hanging one. We actually had it hanging from our universal gym which we gave away so I'll have to come up with something else for it to hang on. Glad your shoulder didn't trouble you and hope it continues that way.

Kath- Great job on a 5 miler after lunch. I rarely run any other time then the morning... kudos to you!

Gloria- I wonder if iTrain has lost alot of business lately? That sucks that they even took away your unused credits! Sounds like you could use another iPod... one for music and one for workouts. I'll be getting another one likely when STS comes out. Interesting dilemma about your high risk summer school student. Poor thing... I can definitely understand your desire to help her.

Sunny- How are the workouts with DH going?

Carole- Wow, tough workout yest. with Core Syn and an interval run!
Taking it a tad more easy today?

For today it'll be more CTX. Power circuits and LL!

ShellyC

Sunny ~ I do love the format of TT -- heavy weights, no messin' around, get-er-done, then hit the intervals, but I crave a little more variety than what the original program offers. When I went back to the member site, I was disappointed to see that I'm restricted from downloading anything but the abs workout. I looked for info on how much the membership costs, but I find Craig's site not that easy to navigate, tell you the truth. All in all, though, at the moment, I'm just not in the mood to go by the book, so-to-speak. No big deal. Just mixin' it up as we like to do. :)

Wendy ~ forget that TM -- enjoy the fresh air, girl, and have a great run!

ETA: Shelly ~ your post got by me. Sorry the househunting was a bit disappointing yesterday. Even more sorry you caught that Friday city gridlock! That can be ugly. Lotsa shorebound Pennsy drivers. Enjoy your workout today -- if that don't poop ya out, I don't know what will! -- and hope you're able to get some good zzzz's before tonight's shift.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Morning girls :)

A nice sunny mild temp morning it is. I could be a weather girl :7 LOL! I'm happy there is no rain today---that's a plus. I was going to use today as a rest day but decided to take advantage of the weather and get a short run in. I'm just gonna go and see how far my legs want to take me.

Cathy: You sound so rested now :) I too like to mix things up :)

Wendy: Good luck on your 5K . I'm sure you will be running fast :) I too do not care for horror flicks. Hope your weather is like mine this morning. Perfect 5K weather. Good luck girl :)

Shelly: Sorry the house hunting didn't go well. Traffic in PA can be crazy. I hate driving through that state when we head down South. That's nice you will be able to connect with DH for a few days. How is he handling you being away? I know your pad is making it easy for you :) but how is he doing being on his own?

So looks like a run of some sort after I enjoy my coffee and yogurt. I need to work biceps as well :)

I'll post on the yahoo group some news I received.

I don't my membership has been approved yet :) And all the postings are public anyways so I may as well post here cause everyone can read it regardless where I post :)

I got some terrible news yesterday regarding adopted bro. After all the plans to move him to a Nursing home setting so that he can receive O2 and his meds. He signed himself out. I can only imagine what kind of place he is staying in now-- I did speak to him after his caseworker called to tell me. She hated to tell me the news but felt I needed to know. I am angry with him right now. Let's just say my conversation was not warm and fuzzy. Then when I called to inform my parents of what had happened; their reaction made me angrier. I know this is a difficult situation for them but the way they FEEL about his care etc is disheartening. They feel it's the job of the nursing home (his doctors)/case worker to take better care of him. Can we say totally in denial. I am angry that he is abusing the kindness of people and also he is out there risking exposure to other people. Trust me my conversation with him was not pretty and I really couldn't say much to my parents. Having said that -- :) I'm off to run :)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...way to go with holding the 9 min pace for most of the 4 miler yesterday!..:D...When I went to Reno last year for my nephew John's Wheelchair Basketball tournament, his Mom had a GPS in her car. About halfway into the drive (it takes about 4 hours to get there) I renamed her GPS B--ch! We actually had a lot of fun with that...:)..My thoughts on you and TT, I think you should give it a break. If you are not particularly happy with a workout it does no good to you IMO. Do something you like, that is what keeps us motivated! Enjoy your fussball watching day today. Have fun with the KB's.

Wendy...good luck on the 5K!! I think I have a love/hate relationship with CS too.

Shelly...I hope house hunting with DH next time will be more promising. Sorry you got stuck in the traffic coming back. yes, today will be Yoga so a bit easier to me!

Christine...I will be doing a modified P90X+ rotation adding running and 2 days of heavy legwork. I am excited about starting monday! It seems I can tolerate clutter for awhile but then away it goes. Of course motivating my DH that way is the hard part!! Despite the clutter it sound like you ad a good visit with your friend. I bet it is nice to be back. Great workout yesterday. Glad to hear you are loving the new bike!!

Judy...OMG, I won't even comment on my garage. My DH has let it go completely, I think a blow torch could be most effective!

Jackie...I read where a guy suggested to do KenpoX with wrist and ankle weights! I don't think that would change my mind about the workout, the X+ version is much better. Good job subbing the lat rows for the pull-ups. Glad your shoulder is behaving.

Gloria..I agree with you about ITrain, their prices got ridiculous. Nice nap you got in yesterday...The Gunlet is a fun one.

Hi to Sunny and Kath

Today is Yoga so I will do one of Baron Batiste's DVD's. it is raining a bit outside this morning, what a nice break!!

Have a great day!

Good morning, Cheetahs......

Question for all of you: What type of regime/rotation do you do for workouts?

The reason I ask is I'm stumped!!x( I was just starting to train for a 10K in August and realized last night that I'm in a golf tourney that day so I can't run it. Now, I'm trying to figure out what to do for a workout schedule. (i.e. cardio every day - love cardio; and weights 4X a week??) Maybe a Cathe rotation with running and Turbo Kick??? Any advise and suggestions would be very helpful. :) Thanks!

Wendy - Good luck on your race, let us know how it goes.

Sunny - Is there a SWAT workout website? I'm very intrigued with you and Wendy talking about it. ;-)

ShellyC - No worries with the spelling of my name. :) I get that all the time, usually everyone just says: Marcia - Marcia - Marcia (from the Brady Bunch)

Kath - Sorry to hear about your adopted bro, I sure hope things turn around for everyone. My thoughts are with you, hang in there and vent to us anytime.

Take care to all Cheetahs,
Marcia.

Good Morning Cheetahs! :)

Cathy: Yes, it was a nice chat yesterday! :) Thank you for the book reccommendations. I will have to look at them on Amazon. I have heard good things about Socratic Circles. Enjoy your sports watching and weights today!

Wendy: Thinking of you on your 5k. You will be great!!

Sunny: Do you prefer cardio coach or the itrains?

Shelly: I am sorry the house hunting didn't go as well as you hoped. There will be something out there. It is a buyers market right now. I bet Itread has lost some business. I don't think I will buy anything from them anymore. I have enough Itreads to keep me busy anyway. Yes, a new ipod is necessary. I will have to wait until I find one on sale though.

Kath: Enjoy your run. I am sorry to hear about your brother.

Carole: LOL about your blow torch to the garage comment!! Mine could use one of those too. I think Itread has lost me as a customer. I might be checking out cardio coach in the future.

Marcia: I can't offer any advice for the rotation idea because I have never really completed one. I am thinking of looking at some of Cathe's older ones to give me an idea. I could use the discipline.

I am thinking I will do a circuit and some yoga today. Something fun. I am also thinking of cleaning out our spare room and turning it into my workout room. It is small, so something like drill max would be a challenge. But as Cathe says, "If you can't jump further, jump higher!" LOL! I have a weight bench in there that I never use so I think I will put that in the garage and that will free up more space. Busy day! Talk to everyone later! :)

Kath...I sure am rested now that that little nuisance of FT work is out of my hair for a bit. *lol* The messages to the yahoo group are, in fact, private, viewed only by the members of our group. Sorry about your brother's choices and the impact it is having on the family.

Carole...Oh heavens, no! I didn't keep up the sub-9 pace for *most* of the run yesterday. A good portion of it but less than half, for sure...:7 at your experiences with the GPS. We would be dangerous if we ever took a road trip together! :7...I like the idea of TT very much, just feeling fickle, I suppose. :) Glad you're enjoying some rain. Have fun with Baron!

Gloria...I have some good handouts & rubrics for Socratic Circles, if you are interested. I could send them to you via snail mail. That'd be great to have a little workout room!

Hey Gang: I just finished Turbo Kick 101 trying to get it memorized for my first pilot class on Thursday, I'm super excited! I hope my step girls like it. :)

After my workout I made a protein shake with a banana, protein powder, pina colada yogurt, 1/2 cup water and a few ice cubes - YUMMY...:9 (I just remembered that I didn't put in flax seed, oh well, next time.)

It's off to the shower for me and then we are going golfing, go to a wedding reception and I'm bartending tonight after that! Whew....

TTYL
Marcia.

Hello again lovely cheetahs :) :) Had a very nice long sweaty workout with Power Circuit and LL, I even tacked on Kickbox/biceps.
whew--- I'll be ready for that nap:)

Cathy- Yes, I'm quickly learning my lessons about the best times to be out on the roads here!! How long have you been into soccer?

Kath- Now that I'm in Philly poor DH's family is driving him nuts! They are calling him constantly poor baby! He's quite anxious now to find a home! Oh my, what a very frustrating situation regarding your adopted bro!! I pray that he will eventually listen to reason (i.e.-you)

Carole- Rain in N. Cal? woohooo! A very nice change for you guys lately! Hope you enjoy the yoga!

Marsha- I very rarely do strict rotations myself. I like to keep my options open but I love cardio too
and do it 6 days a week, alternating running with some other form of cardio. For weights I generally do upper body 2x/wk and lower body 2x/wk. That's too bad you can't do that 10k... hey does Judy know you're a golfer???

Lorie- Hope you get in a great lap swim. Some day I'll work up the nerve to try out the lap pool here!

Gloria- Great idea to turn in the spare room for a workout area, even if it is small. I've managed to do many Cathe workouts in very small areas and still work up a nice sweat!

Have a great Saturday y'all!

Shelly

Back to report workout :)

4miles in 34 minutes. Not my best but it's a good one. I kept my hoodie on the whole time so I was sweating buckets by the end --Gosh I love that

}( Also worked biceps and some core work.

Marcia: You have on busy day ahead :) Enjoy it :)

I'm off to the shower and need to make a store run to order some more items for grad party next Saturday. I finished the video for DD--it's so cute :)

Hi Shelly - that's kind of what I was thinking 2X a week for upper and body both with cardio whenever. I'm never short on cardio that's for sure! :7

No, I don't think Judy knows I'm a golfer. ;-)

Take care,
Marcia.

Lorie: Hello! We were posting at the same time. I also posted to you last night. Have a great day with the swim and weights! :)

Cathy: Yeah, I would like it if you would do that. As long as it isn't too much trouble for you. I can put my mailing address on the Yahoo! group page. Thanks, that is very nice of you. I will pick up the book on Amazon today. :)

Marcia: Sounds like a fun filled day!

Well I have been checking out tv/dvd player combos and they aren't as cheap as I thought they were and do not want to buy poor quality. Then I remembered we are getting the new wireless HP laptops in the fall and I will be able to take it home and do my dvds on that and it will take up very little space. :) :) I will work on the room little by little and have it ready for the fall. YES!! The task of cleaning out the room is not so daunting now that I won't have to do it all at once. Now I better get off the computer and get to a workout! BBL!!!! :)

Happy Saturday Cheetah Babes!

Gloria – I’m with you – pets rock! Jimmy likes to lay right at my feet on the floor so I can cuddle him whenever I want. :p

Cathy – I’m with you – not a big fan of KG, but I know a lot of people who really love it. I’m not a scary movie fan either. I have too vivid of an imagination. :p

GO WENDY GO!!! Enjoy your race!!! You might like KG – it’s an easy one to trade, too, if you don’t. She is very dry, but the workouts are pretty good. I still prefer Anthony and Steve Cotter. :p Yes, Boston is a great city – you’ll have to visit.

Sunny – Enjoy you workout! Thanks for checking in! I’m still enjoying TT, but I’l doing a rotation of P90X+ and kettlebells this week. :p I love it all – need more days in a week (as long as they are weekend days!).

Shelly – Sorry to hear the houses are not exactly what you’re looking for! Must be tough to go back to nights after so much time working day shift. I’m such a morning person, I know I could not do it. That sucks about getting caught in Philly traffic! YES – we have yet another fire. And it’s hot again. I got a Cannondale CAAD 9 6 - http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/08/cusa/model-8RA96T.html . I love it.

Kath – So sorry to hear about your brother. That has to be so frustrating and disheartening. Enjoy your run, I think it will help.

Carole – Sounds like a great rotation! Enjoy it. I’m still kicking doing 3 weeks of P90X+/KB rotation. I’ll do it this week, and see what I think. :p I have to admit that despite his finding the asshole pills occasionally, DH is neat. Almost painfully so. Of course, he’ll toss anything of mine, but keeps all of his stuff. X( Enjoy yoga today!

Marcia – I’ve been following the Turbulence Training Style of workouts – and have moved P90X+ into the mix for weight workouts. I’m enjoying it because you can do any cardio you want, really.

Lorie – enjoy your swim and NROLW!

Today is a long bike ride. It’s already hot outside, but I want to ride at least part of it outside. I might do a 20 miler outside, then come back and add another 10-20 miles on the trainer. That would work well. Then it’s grocery store then shopping for a present for DD15’s BF’s sister. :p Do y’all ever have one of those weekends where EVERYONE plans something? That’s next weekend for us. We already have a Chili Cookoff Saturday and a black tie event on Sunday to attend. We were also invited to a picnic, another party, and dinner out. On top of it, my company’s annual bike ride up Mount Hamilton is that Saturday (and wouldn’t that be a good thing for me to attend about now? But it’s an all day event – takes about 6 hours). Fortunately, I’ll be getting in a really nice and long ride before the chili cook off, though. :p Have a great day!

Shelly...I have been a fan since I was a kid (international & Bundesliga) and played in HS. I don't follow MLS, so it's every two years I become a maniac (EC and World Cup). If you recall, right after I first started posting here in May 2006, I went to see the World Cup in Germany...Poor DH getting bombarded!...Best time to be on the roads around here? Never! :7 *lol*...Enjoy your nap.

Gloria...Sure, PM me your address. When I go to school on Monday, I'll run off the copies and send 'em out. Strangely, my DVD player gets wacky sometimes with certain DVDs, and I have to use my laptop. Works fine that way.

Christine ~ wow, you are super-booked next weekend!...I enjoy some scary movies, so that musta been someone else here. Nothing crazy and gory like those Saw movies, but a good thriller now and then is fun. I'm into classic Hitchcock or modern flicks like The Sixth Sense or more recently Disturbia. That's about my speed...enjoy your ride today...stay cool!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.