Anyone Else Having Great Results with P90X Plus??

sparrow13

Cathlete
I apologize if this has already been discussed but I am seeing great results with this, in both strength and size/definition. My shoulders have always been the slowest to respond and now for the first time I am seeing the kind of definition I've longed for in them. The other day I pointed at something and DH did a double take and said "Wow, you officially have 'guns." :)

Anyone else?

Sparrow

Hi,

I've been using X+ (@week 6), but subbing running, Cathe legs work, and my own yoga. I definitely can do more pull/chin ups than before plus my core looks great! I was able to use about 7% more weight for B&B and CST, than I could when I finished p90X last winter. The beauty for me is that I'm getting stronger and I haven't used any dbs over 16lbs for upper since I started. I thought that it might get boring, but I haven't gotten bored yet. I plan to go ten weeks, then I'll be on vacation.

Tracy

>Hi,
>
>I've been using X+ (@week 6), but subbing running, Cathe legs
>work, and my own yoga. I definitely can do more pull/chin ups
>than before plus my core looks great! I was able to use about
>7% more weight for B&B and CST, than I could when I finished
>p90X last winter. The beauty for me is that I'm getting
>stronger and I haven't used any dbs over 16lbs for upper since
>I started. I thought that it might get boring, but I haven't
>gotten bored yet. I plan to go ten weeks, then I'll be on
>vacation.
>
>Tracy

Tracy,

What does a typical week for you look like? I was thinking about adding in these workouts but would like to keep the treadmill/spinning as my cardio.

Thanks
Rhonda

Rhonda,

Saturday: UB+, AC +
Sunday: heavier legs/ cardio of choice
Monday: TB+, AC +
Tuesday: Run, SS or interval, depending on what I did Sunday
Wednesday: UB+, AC +, shorter legs
Thursday: Off or longer legs (endurance) if I don't do them on Wed. (until recently, I had to take Thursday as a rest because of work)
Friday: Run with hill repeats

I add in yoga 3-4 days a week. Usually on one of the UB+ days I add in 30-40 minutes of indoor cardio as a WU. I don't like Tony's WUs.

It's worked well for me. I probably didn't get the total benefit of the upper body work since I switched up the cardio.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.