"10+ Reasons I Love My Ugly Body": tales from one woman's imperfect life

maddiesmum

Cathlete
I read through this lady's blog about her journey to a healthier lifestyle and healthier relationship with her body, and, no matter what size we currently are as individuals, a lot of her "issues" are shared by many of us.

I am particularly taken by her motto whose emphasis lies upon focussing not on what her body looks like but on what it can do. I read right to the very end, where her blog profile states, so perceptively, that:

"Letting go of perfection has been her key to success; finding balance in REAL FOOD, REAL FITNESS and REAL LIFE. Andrea considers herself a badass whole foods cook, a kickass personal trainer and total hardass when it comes to letting go of perfection in order to live her best life."

Read, maybe recognize (?), and enjoy!

http://imperfectlife.net/ilovemyuglybody/

Clare

This part really stood out to me: "While I toy with the idea of plastic surgery, the thought of taking time off from doing the things I love like Crossfit and races and LIFE in order to recover appeals to me far less than my reflection in the mirror."

Not that I would judge her either way in terms of any decision to have/not have plastic surgery (none of my business), but just the idea that she loves feeling healthy and celebrating what her body can do so much more than anything else. She's a rockstar for sure!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.