Total Body Stretch (STS 2.0)

Braille

Cathlete
So, just finished up with a busy week of my husband's armored combat fighting, my son's Special Olympics, and time with family and my grand niece's first birthday party at campground. All were out of town, so that's code for I've been slacking off on my workouts. I decided to get my stiff body moving today, and I needed to start somewhere. I'd heard some people with older players are having glitches with this particular DVD, so I decided I'd find out if I was one of those people while doing it. Ok, so I'm one of the unfortunates that have glitches. It wouldn't bother me if it were strength training, but I have actually learned (finally) to relax during stretches, yoga, Tai Chi, etc. to get the mental health benefits out of them. So, I did find the glitch (playing it on an ancient DVD player) to be distracting.

That said, I love this stretch. Not sure I've ever done a Cathe stretch that I didn't like, though, so I guess I wasn't surprised. I would note, however, that at my age and given the fact that I hadn't done much in the way of officially exercising regularly for a week and the fact that some of the things that I did do caused muscle tightness (lifting my husband's armor, too long of card rides, a lot of bending and reaching and contorting to get my husband armored up, assisting my disabled son in a hotel bathroom that was not handicapped accessible, etc.), I should have done a gentle warm-up first. I would say that this stretch went well doing it "cold", but I would have gotten more flexibility benefits out of it if I'd gotten my stiff cranky body moving around a bit before I did it. So, I probably won't use this to recover from road trips, but I'll use it a lot on my active recovery days (where I do a gentle workout first) or after any of my hard Cathe workouts. Great stretch. I didn't notice anything for inner thighs in it though, so I did add a stretch at the end. Loved it!

Oh, I just wanted to add that I loved the waist circles at the end. I am one of those people, though, that gets "tippy" when I try to do some sitting exercises, because I feel my center of balance if off. So, I put my yoga knee pads under my bottom for that type of thing. I did that on this move, and it made all the difference in the world. I went from feeling unbalanced to being able to really feel the fascial benefits of the move. Again, thanks Cathe for a great workout. Can't wait to dig into the rest.

Last edited:
We did the premix combining Active Recovery & TB Stretch. We previously were in the sun, gardening, so the 1st excercise doing that crawl-out inch-worm made me feel light-headed, so I didn't care much for it. I also modified some of the other stuff. I'll do it again when I'm not so hot & hopefully like it better.

I enjoyed the TB Stretch, the music & set were very relaxing as well as the stretches. Cathe & crew looked great.

I’m living vicariously through everyone’s reviews on these new workouts. I hope I don’t encounter problems with my dvd player. I think it’s from 2016 if I had to give my best guess. After yesterday’s printing fiasco, I never even got to hit play on the Upper Body 1 dvd. Hopefully the users guide will be up this week and I can get my ducks in a row on incorporating some STS 2.0 into my tank top rotation.

I have no idea how or why my printer suddenly went offline. It’s connected via Wi-Fi and no signal issues. I can fix some basic tech issues but this is over my head.

pyramid upper body from intensity series never fails to burn my arms. And that ab workout on the ball is brutal with those crazy planks at the end. Tomorrow is pyramid lower body, another of my favorites.

Hello Everyone,
I've followed the first week rotation of STS 2.0 and can really feel an improvement in my body.
I did the recovery, stretch, and ball abs yesterday and was drenched in sweat which I
did not expect. I really feel like this program is revving up my metabolism and can't wait to see the results after 3 months. I started working out with Cathe's videos at the start
of the pandemic and have never missed a week without working out the her videos.
I'm so thankful to have found a program that I truly enjoy working out with that has
a great group of people. If you enjoy something you will stick with it. Thank you Cathe! :))

Hello Everyone,
I've followed the first week rotation of STS 2.0 and can really feel an improvement in my body.
I did the recovery, stretch, and ball abs yesterday and was drenched in sweat which I
did not expect. I really feel like this program is revving up my metabolism and can't wait to see the results after 3 months. I started working out with Cathe's videos at the start
of the pandemic and have never missed a week without working out the her videos.
I'm so thankful to have found a program that I truly enjoy working out with that has
a great group of people. If you enjoy something you will stick with it. Thank you Cathe! :))
Your user name keeps tripping me up. LOL

Thanks.. didn't notice you two were so similar until you pointed it out .... might'f thought you 2 were one & the same.... I'll pay closer attention...
I thought we were one in the same. LOL I would see the name and think, did I comment on that post? LOL

I was actually just going to @ you. Would you be willing to email me the spreadsheets you are making for your workout logs for 2.0? None of these workout cards are ever big enough to actually write on so I tend to use the chapter sheets but that doesn't really work well either. I just started searching all over the internet for an existing template but haven't found anything I liked. The original STS WO cards work great for me. I wish we'd get them for this program too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back