STS 2.0 Super Sets

Kellyro77

Cathlete
Pushed through this workout today. I liked the pace and although you repeat the same exercise 3x, the swapping between parts per set helps break it up. I noted I can likely go heavier with many of my first blush weight selections.

My only problem was having to occasionally pause the video in order to switch my weights since I use Select-Tech weights. Not a huge deal. Those weights are worth the hassle of brief pauses.

A suggestion to those who may have grip issues. On some of the workouts, you can potentially put the dumbbells up on your shoulders and rest/hold them there, such as during squats, and calf raises. Of course that requires you hefting them up to your shoulders, though, so keep that in mind. I know my grip's pretty un-trained, so I find doing the shoulder trick helps on occasion.

I enjoyed this workout today. Plenty of time between sets to stretch and set up your weights (+ back-ups for me). I liked that I didn't have to frequently check my weight-sheets too (only during the rests). My traps were feeling it during the cool-down - definitely needed a longer stretch & fortunately STS2.0 gives lots of options.

Edited to add: grip strength issues did come into play this session. I was grateful Cathe had us briefly put the weights down between excercises to get a little relief. My hands are a little sore tonight.

Last edited:
I have Power Blocks so it takes me a bit longer with my weight selection, as well. Today was my 2nd time with this one and I felt more comfortable with the exercises and weight choices. I'm really enjoying all of the Total Body workouts, so far.
Pam61, I agree with you! I am loving the total body workouts with the rests and not having to rush to set up for the next grouping. Tomorrow I will be doing TriSets for the second time and then moving on to the Upper and Lower Body workouts. Really enjoying this series!

I did the Upper Body & Calves premix of this one yesterday. It was a good workout, nicely paced, with the rests in between. I like that I can use the rest break to sort out my weights for the next round. I had some issues with grip strength, especially on the shrugs and calves, even with putting the weights down in between.

I’ll be doing this one tomorrow morning. I previewed it today and I want to really challenge myself and go as heavy as I safely can and good thing is there’s 3 sets so I can always adjust my weight if needed.

And tomorrow is also a special day. It’s my 3 year sober anniversary!

Happy "Anniversary" ashaw !!! Quite the accomplishment....you should be proud ( and I know you are!)
Enjoy your day & Super Sets!
Thank you so much my friend. I’m gonna be getting cranked up on super sets in about 30 minutes! Just got my step, barbell, bands and select tech weights set up! And yes, I’m so proud of myself. Quitting drinking was one of the hardest but most rewarding things I’ve ever done.

Happy "Anniversary" ashaw !!! Quite the accomplishment....you should be proud ( and I know you are!)
Enjoy your day & Super Sets!
I’ll be doing this one tomorrow morning. I previewed it today and I want to really challenge myself and go as heavy as I safely can and good thing is there’s 3 sets so I can always adjust my weight if needed.

Congratulations to you!

Just wanted to chime in that, four weeks in, this is my favorite of the STS 2.0 workouts. I love the structure and pace, it gives me a really thorough workout, and the time flies even though the workout is almost an hour. Love it soooo much! I think it's officially displaced my previous Cathe favorites.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.