Some Strength training ideas...

debbieNIR

I mentioned in my reply to the post about more variety in exercises that I would also like to see you keep taking on new styles of workouts. This keeps your workouts current and keeps me motivated.

Workouts I would love to see (these are all great plateau busters):

1) Unilateral training - there are many ways to do splits using this technique.

2) Negative training - workout or split with extreme emphasis on the eccentric portion of the movement.

3)Pre-exhaust training - a full workout using the pre-exhaust technique througout.

4)"Unstable Ground" workout - excellent example in August M&F Hers incorporating balance discs (also known as balance cushions)into a traditional strength training workout. These discs are only $20 a piece from Power Systems. You stand on them to do lower body moves. It is especially challenging to do weight work balanced on one such as one-legged squats or one legged stiff-legged deadlifts. You can do pushups on them. You can sit or stand on them for upper body work. There are endless ways to challenege the body this way. The equipment is less of an invesment than something like a BOSU (which I persoanlly have - but know that not everyone does).

That is it for now but I have loads more........

Deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.