Push-up options—-the other option…

aqua girl

Cathlete
In one of the push-ups chapters, Cathe mentions the band & loop options shown and also mentions that you could use a weighted vest….so, I practiced doing push-ups with my vest,,,and I liked that just as much! Of course I am a knees push-ups person and the vest I used is a 4 lb one, but I immediately felt the difference.

….so, I practiced doing push-ups with my vest,,,and I liked that just as much! ....
Liking push-ups? Can't say as I've ever said that myself ... ha ha hee hee. .. :p I wish! Even when I could do over 60 modified push-ups in a minute, I couldn't say that .... I tolerate them okay, better than I do burpees :D

Cathe also says you can use a weighted vest in pull-ups (Parts- Back) when it gets too easy .... are you there yet? I'm not ...:rolleyes:

Liking push-ups? Can't say as I've ever said that myself
I'm with you. I tolerate them. Standard floor push-ups hurt my wrists and when I use push-up bars, I find they dig into my hands. I even have a push-up board; it is a black board with different colored holes for different hand positions and comes with 2 push-up handles that you insert into the holes. My one has 14 different positions to work chest, shoulders, triceps, and back. The idea was that it would encourage me to do more push-ups. I found the grips on the handles were uncomfortable, so I wrapped some padding around them. Even so, I've hardly used it. I much prefer bench presses and flys for chest work.

Hee hee, I didn’t phrase that correctly I guess, I don’t like push-ups either….but for an different option, I liked the weighted vest…:). They hurt my wrists too and I can only do
them modified on knees, it hurts my hands too holding onto weights on the floor, etc.

Cathe also says you can use a weighted vest in pull-ups (Parts- Back) when it gets too easy .... are you there yet? I'm not ...:rolleyes:

No, no…..don’t think I will try the vest with pull-ups….but I do the vertical pull-ups on the
Fit Tower with the hooks now…….other than that accomplishment, I do the chin-ups &
horizontal pull-ups using the tubing option.

I didn’t get Cathe’s loops/bands…. I already had gotten some from Amazon.
That reminds me that once I finish STS2.0 Boss Loops Glutes and Core is a workout I want to go back to. I remember doing that last summer after I felt confident about my knee and it just felt so good to move again! My ankle might not be ready for the body parts legs workout, so if I’m not able to do it as part of my STS2.0 rotation, I’ll just use it for whatever leg day looks like at that point in time. Right now I’m thankful that I can still walk Luca and do upper body training.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.