Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 4/21/2024

Today I did STS 2 Supersets Lower Body only+ bonus from Body Parts Legs, 28 minutes, 83 calories, heart rate 97/124. I also did CDorner Step in the Alps # 376, 31 minutes, heart rate 126/152, 158 calories.
I finished off with CDorner gentle lower body stretch day 3, 15 minutes, 25 calories. Total time was 74 minutes, 266 calories, 3,328 steps.

Carolyn, nice work on STS 2 Lower Body 2 1 set only and Total Body Stretch.

Cathy, I am glad you got in STS 2 Lower Body today. You probably needed the break. Those sleepless nights do throw a wrench into our days.

spent half the day at Verizon store. DH needed to get a new phone. his was dying. we decided he would use my old one and I would get the new one, so we had to change up the phone numbers and all the data. It was a tedious long process. everyone in the store had an upper respiratory issue so it will be amazing if we both dont get sick. and believe it or not, 2 screaming running kids for at least an hour. around and around. OMG. the phone needed a long update before they could even start transfering data. we were in there more than 3 hours. and when we got home it did not seem like they worked right. we are giving them the weekend to sort themselves out. like I could call dh's phone from my phone but we could not call my phone with his, texts are still going to his old disconnected phone. weird things. different functions operated on both phones when they should not have. too hard to explain here but it seemed outside calls were ok so we are letting it sit for the weekend. maybe the data has to sort itself out and the phones cycle thru a few exercises before it's all synced properly.

only did a little therapy /stretching after gettign home. that was enough for today.

Today I did STS 2 Upper Body 2 Premix 1 set. Right after I finished the last exercise I looked out the window and saw a junco. DH is doing a bird count today and the rest of the juncos headed north weeks ago. I've been seeing one occasionally and last weekend when he did a count I saw it and he didn't. Now even though all winter long we have a dozen plus at our feeders, he is always skeptical that I'm not ID'ing something properly. :rolleyes: So, I went upstairs and pointed it out to him. :p He drives me nuts if we actually go birding because he will not officially count something as seen if he's not 1000%+ sure of what it is. Went down to see my parents yesterday. Always a fun exercise in listening to my mother run through her litany of issues with things, while my Dad will subtly shake his head to indicate it never happened and an eye roll here and there. I try to get down at least every 3 weeks and we do a family chat once a week, but I know he needs an outlet from her. He can't leave her alone for more than a short period, and when people are there she rarely leaves you alone with him. He can message us, but he tends not to and she puts on an everything is fine vibe with company. A couple times ago he stepped outside long enough to tell me she was in a pissy mood, when I got there, but then her "mood" was fine for my visit. Do not envy him at all, and he won't push her on anything. The zoo is doing a members only opening on Wednesday and officially open the next, so I can start walking once a week again. Derek is really enjoying his job even if he does as of this morning have to get up at 5:30 to be there at 7:00. I was also up at 5:30, but chose to watch some more of the ERA's tour. Just from a production standpoint, it's an amazing 3+ hour long production. The number of stage sets, costume changes, lighting etc is fantastic and the fact that she could do that many shows using that amount of energy. o_O

Valerie that is a really unfortunate use of 3 hours of your time. I hope the phones get straightened out and bonus if it happens without you needing to go back.

Diane Sue great job with STS 2 Supersets Lower Body only+ bonus from Body Parts Legs, CDorner Step in the Alps and stretch.

cathy, its not likely. we cant communicate between our two phones. still not needed right now so we will wait til monday. he had turned imessage off. texts were green rather than blue. of course he didnt mention it ...so I thought that was the reason for issues and turned it back on. now they are blue but we still cant text between us. texts dont get delivered although they look like they send ok. we cant call between the phones. it works one direction and not the other. I would look at his old phone because it was receiving texts even though the phone is not there anymore and sim card is out. still hoping its something the verizon system has not recognized yet and will clear by itself. I dont want to spend another second in that store!. could not believe another bout with screaming running children. the floor is a circle and those kids ran around in circles for an hour until mom finally corralled them. whatever happened to children being seen and not heard? some other guy was in there because his ex( or separated) wife tossed or hid his brand new phone. he was in there getting a new one for work. he'd only had it for a week. we were just sitting there waiting for new phone to update so we had nothing to do but listen to all the assorted excitements. then dh pushed some buttons on the phone causing the update had to restart. it took > 30 min so that added extra time. they tried to add a bunch of things to the bill that we obviously did not need or want. not a good impression.

Today is my rest day. I went to the markets for fresh produce. My husband fell again this afternoon. He‘s not hurt, but these falls are very upsetting for him when they occur. We try to do everything that we can to prevent them, but there are times when his body just doesn’t work well.

Cathy, nice job with STS 2 Lower Body 1 and Upper Body 2 premix. I imagine that your Father is under a lot of stress as a caregiver. It’s good that you are close enough to visit regularly.

Valerie, I can feel your pain having to spend all of that time at the Verizon store. I really hate going to the phone store! Hopefully you won’t have to go back to get the phones working as they should.

Diane Sue, great job with STS 2 Supersets Lower Body+ Bonus Body Parts Legs, CDorner Step, and CDorner stretch.

Hello to Judy.

Reactions: WD
Carolyn-I'm sorry about your husband's fall. I can understand how upsetting that must be for both of you. Great job with STS 2.0 Upper Body 2, two sets maximum and STS 2.0 Lower Body 2, 1 set only. I really like those premixes for STS 2.0.

Diane Sue-Great job with STS 2.0 Supersets Upper Body+Calves premix, CDorner chair yoga and challenge, STS 2 Supersets Lower Body only+ bonus from Body Parts Legs, CDorner Step in the Alps # 376 and CDorner gentle lower body stretch.

Cathe-Great job with STS 2 Lower Body 1 and STS 2 Upper Body 2 Premix 1 set. I’m sorry about your Mom. That must be very difficult for your Dad.

Valerie-We hate going to the Verizon store and avoid it as much as possible. For the past several years we’ve been getting our phones at the Apple Store and that experience is so much better. We had to go to the Verizon store earlier this year to change plans and it was a very unpleasant process. There is a bad cold/bronchitis going around here and it will be a miracle if I don’t get it since so many people at work have had it.

Today I did Raw Step Toning 38 minutes, heart rate 122/171, 171 calories, 1,352 steps. My heart rate did not really pick up till the last round after I remembered to loosen my watch one notch. I forget when I tighten it to get accurate pulse ox. I also did STS 2 mish mosh standing abs. I forgot this is not all standing as it gets to the end there are floor moves. This was 20 minutes, 88 calories, heart rate 116/140, 376 steps. Total time was 58 minutes, 259 calories, 1,728 steps. This is a tough workout. I started first round with 12's like Kelly and dropped to 10's for the last two rounds.

Valerie, it is my experience that cell phone changes get complicated. Phone store visits are tedious. Doesn't your phones auto update? We had issues after we got ours that took a long time to sort out. Several trips to T Mobile only to realize they have some really useless employees. I spent a lot of time online trouble shooting to fix myself. Sorry you had the miserable wait. The store we went to has a barbecue place next door and we went to get something to eat while waiting.

Cathy, nice work on STS 2 Upper Body 2 premix 1 set.

Carolyn, I am sorry to hear your husband has falls. I hope he is okay. I would be upset and worried too.

HI to Judy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.