Optimal time to include core during 12-week rotation?

Kellyro77

Cathlete
Since the core workouts are separate from the other workouts, and they're not recommended specifically in the rotation (just in a paragraph suggesting you don't exclude them), what would be the optimal days to include a core workout? Is it better to include on one of the resistance training days, or can I tack it on one of the recovery days?

PS - I haven't done all the core workouts yet, but I do want to say I really appreciate having four different options with completely different approaches and equipment. I got really tired of swapping back and forth between just the two core workouts in XTrain, for example.

I'll be doing the 8 week. So I plan to do mine on one recovery day during the first part of the phase. Then on upper days in the second phase and finally on back and one recovery day during the last phase ....but we'll see how that works out ;)

I reserve the right to eliminate them entirely in the first phase.

The guide recommends once but no more than twice a week. I plan on hitting it twice. Just not sure if I should really dedicate those recovery days to recovery only.
Hi Kelly, It's fine to go ahead and do your core routine on an active recovery day. It's also fine to tack them onto a weight lifting day if that's what you prefer. The rotations give everyone the option to do the ab routines on days that work for them based on how they are feeling. -Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.