NOw that we have seen clips of LIS - Thoughts?

jdimascio

Cathlete
Now that all of the clips are up and we previewed them a million times, I thought it would cool to discuss them a bit. What are your thoughts? what excites you about them? what do you hope to get out of them? etc...

First of all, I just find them all to be amazing. There is so much versatility with this series that I don't even know where to start (hint: November rotation?) Not only are we getting 10 DVDs, but tons and tons of premixes, the options are endless!!

Cathe seriously put a lot of time thinking of these workouts (although I do believe she is just naturally a genius and has the gift of making our muscles scream:D). The moves are new, unique, and creative...I think my core is going to be on fire after every workout.

I am so excited to get my paws on these. I think my body will be thankful...joints need a bit of a break, and this is a great series to help tone and tighten before the holidays (and during). In addition, I truly think that these are going to be some of her hardest workouts, but it looks like there are plenty of ways to modify if you need to. I am so ready for the challenge...who's with me?

Cathe's has an amazing and very unique ability to adapt to what the fitness world is begging for (in many cases before I even realize what changes I want!)

This series is going to be the best yet! Cathe has clearly hit the mark on keeping the intensity that I crave in tact while doing low impact moves. Plus- the fun factor on these appears to be over the top! :eek:

Tri Sets scares me! lol! I don't know what it is about that clip, but I get the feeling that that one will leave me begging for an extra long stretch (well gee... how about Yoga Relax!) ...and maybe some motrin! lol!

Overall, I am very, very excited about this series. I love everything that I have seen. I'm a little nervous about the tri-sets, now that I've seen the clip!!! That looks pretty tough, so hopefully there are modifications shown, or I'll figure out how to modify. Push ups are not really my thing, so I'll have to modify throughout with this series.

Having said that, I'm really looking forward to working out with intensity, without having to jump around all the time. Even though I love intense cardio workouts, there are so many days that I need to work out and just don't want to do all the jumping, and I'm looking forward to the pre-mixes with the joint friendly options. My knees could use the break.:D They also seem to be fun, fun, fun. I love the new choreography, the variety, the outfits, and from what I hear, the music.

Most of all, I really loved the gliders in LBB. That is one of my favorite workouts now. They were so suprisingly effective at getting deep into the muscles and getting my heart rate up, so I'm really looking forward to using those in many new and different ways. Can't wait to get my DVDs!!!

I'm very excited for this series. I love all the clips, & I love the endless possibilities - when you count the premixes, we'll have TONS of variety. & my groaning joints are gonna love the low impact. These have been well worth the wait! ;)

I have a very sneaking suspicion this is going to be my favorite series. Because the focus is low-impact, joint friendly movement, I'll actually be able to do it - even the stuff I "can't do yet." This also looks like it has so much going on it can easily hold your interest for a very long time. And it looks fun - a little less intimidating that some of her older stuff - which is very motivating for wanting to do it - no dread factor. Plus the spinning! I'm very pysched for this series.

Hi all

I'm really excited about this series. But then I'm always excited about a new Cathe series lol. I've been out of the game a bit with knee arthoscopies and things and this seems like just what I'm looking for. I always get the Cathe preorders and I feel I always will. So looking forward to these.

Laura

My thoughts are that these look harder than I originally expected. I thought that because we were going to be getting a Low Impact Series, these would have more Intermediate options; something along the lines of LIC and LIS. Not that I am complaining- I'll just be working A LOT harder! :D

The only thing that doesn't make me saw "WOW" is the Step Workout. However, Cathe's step from me is always a hit or miss; I either love it or I don't. I am hoping that I do enjoy it bc it does seem to have several moves from LIS, which I adore! I do however think Cathe knocked this one out of the park with all the variety! She stepped out of her comfort zone and as a result, I will be too! I've never been into Yoga or Barre, but I've always said if Cathe led that workout, I'd try it and try I will! The production quality yet again, is 100x more than what you'd get with any other instructor and I like that, add in the amount of premixes and you've got yourself DVDs that are well worth the $$.

But alas, there is no Cedie. I know this has been known for months now, but watching the clips and not seeing her there stinks. I love watching her and think she's a great... I miss her already.

I am with all of you on the excitement level for this new series! It has all the components in place...now it's up to me to be diligent and give it my all!;)
WAHOOO!!!!:eek:

I'm blown away by all of them so far. I do think the only one that will give me fits is the all Step one. The first one I am going to do is Tri-Sets followed immediately by SpinMax. That is calling me like no other, and I know I talk a lot about music, but the soundtrack in STS is my all time favorite and this is hitting that same chord for me. I love lifting to that type of music, its making me anxious almost! Thing that is very cool is I get to learn yoga, and finally I have gliding discs instead of a worn out taped up frisbee.

My thoughts are, "I CAN'T WAIT!"

I am excited for every one of them!!!!!

I wouldn't say that Cathe is out of her comfort zone because I have never been to her gym to see her teach a live class, nor do I know all of her credentials. All I know is that I love everything Cathe creates for us.

Thank you Cathe! You are amazing.

I am excited about the series and can't wait for them to arrive. I am working on my high impact workouts but also need to mix it up with the low impact as well so my joints have a chance to recover.

Some of the moves that I've seen will for sure be a challenge (I think it is a move involving push ups) but like with her other workouts it gives me something to work up to.

I also love the large amount of premixes that Cathe offers and like that feature about her workouts because I am getting more than just the main workouts, I get a ton of options.

Great Job Cathe and Crew!!!!!! :)

All the clips have me whirling and confused which to do first because they all look amazing. I am just blown away that Cathe continues to come up with fresh new moves/choreography! (My students won't be as happy when they get the NEW material! Ha!) I think the three I am most excited to try first, second and third, in no particular order, the Barre Workout, Slide & Glide and Cycle Max! Or, who knows, maybe I'll put a blindfold on and just reach for one each day cuz I'm excited to try them ALL! :) Cathe ROCKS!!!

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

DebbieH...I was thinking about CycleMax and wondering what it would be like to workout watching yourself working out! (If that makes sense.) I think it would be sublime and I had asked that question a while back to Cathe . Its going to be CycleMax and/or Tri-Sets first for me. Probably Tri-Sets in the morning and CycleMax in the evening. I admit I have watched Tri-Sets probably 8 times already. That one rocks!

DirtDiva said:
DebbieH...I was thinking about CycleMax and wondering what it would be like to workout watching yourself working out! (If that makes sense.) I think it would be sublime and I had asked that question a while back to Cathe . Its going to be CycleMax and/or Tri-Sets first for me. Probably Tri-Sets in the morning and CycleMax in the evening. I admit I have watched Tri-Sets probably 8 times already. That one rocks!

It's very strange! Of course, I critique my form, my smile and my endurance! Hoping I did Cathe proud! I'm still having a hard time even believing that I am in a Cathe video!!! I can't wait to workout with you in your home! :)

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.