Loved Low Impact Step Challenge!

mini-natty

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

I am pretty new to Cathe (started collecting her workouts since May 2011) but I have been hooked ever since! Needless to say, I had to pre-order the whole LIS, and was very excited to receive my downloads today (7am I was trying to download with my 2 1/2 year old daughter banging on the keyboard!).

I decided to try the Step Challenge first, hoping it would not be too difficult since I am new to stepping and hate complicated choreography. I have to say, I found some of the moves tricky, but not extremely tough. I am determined to nail this one! I loved the bonus step segment which has more athletic type moves. All in all, I found the workout to be fun, challenging and I was dripping with sweat at the end. 1 down, 8 more to go!

Last edited:
I imagine most of us will hit the stop button more than a few times to learn the new moves. I love the dancy complicated routines but it still takes time to learn the new material and the sequencing. Keep at it. You'll feel so accomplished once you nail it. The fun factor will kick in and the time will fly by.

Thanks for the review. I can't wait to get my DVDs.

I received my DVDs yesterday (woot woot - thanks Cathe!) and decided to give Low Impact Challenge a whirl this morning. I think Cathe should rename this workout Low Impact FUN because I had so much fun doing the workout this morning! This workout has absolutely no dread factor for me! I found the choreography to be a mix of new and old sequenced in new ways to keep the HR and the fun factor pumping. The choreography could be tricky at times but nothing seasoned Catheletes will have problems picking up after doing the work out a few times (be prepared to get friendly with your pause button the first 2-3 goes :p).

On the intensity scale (1 low, 10 high) I would rate it a 6.5. But i'm completely fine with that! After previewing the "ball buster" workouts in this series (Afterburn, Athletic Training, etc.) having a slightly easier workout is much needed. Love the variety!!

In my opinion, Low Impact Challenge is the workout i'll be reaching for when I want to torch calories but have a smile on my face the entire time. ;) :)

Katie

Last edited:
I started with this one, too, since I love step. I had SO much fun! I did have to pause a couple of times, & go back, but since I didn't preview the workout, I expected that. Then, as I was stretching, I watched the tricky parts again, so I think within a workout or 2, I'll get it down. Love all the premixes for this one - when I'm short on time, or have extra time, I can still pull this one out. I wasn't gasping for breath, like I do during Intensity, but I was working hard! Can't wait to try the rest!
My DH was so funny last night, when I got home from work, he said, "You're not going to work out, are you?" HA! HA! Since I called him from work yesterday morning, dying to know if the USPS box had arrived, he knew I was totally psyched. :p:rolleyes::D

Loved this one, too. I used two but will go down to one next time because it was a little too much for me using two.

NOMS not DOMS for LIS LIC!!!

Got my discs yesterday and so psyched like the rest of you! I previewed a few last night, and decided to start with this one (since Afterburn looked like a killer:cool:)

I used the 2 step risers and, at first, the warmup is FAST I thought but got used to it. Liked all the variety and the incorporation of new/old moves.

All I can say though is sitting at my desk at work, my legs are already dieing! My butt and quads are TALKING to me! So I'm calling it NOW ONSET MUSCLE SORENESS. If I'm sore this quick, I'm afraid to get out of bed tomorrow!

Another great workout Cathe! Thanks!!

I received my DVDs yesterday (woot woot - thanks Cathe!) and decided to give Low Impact Challenge a whirl this morning. I think Cathe should rename this workout Low Impact FUN because I had so much fun doing the workout this morning! This workout has absolutely no dread factor for me! I found the choreography to be a mix of new and old sequenced in new ways to keep the HR and the fun factor pumping. The choreography could be tricky at times but nothing seasoned Catheletes will have problems picking up after doing the work out a few times (be prepared to get friendly with your pause button the first 2-3 goes :p).

On the intensity scale (1 low, 10 high) I would rate it a 6.5. But i'm completely fine with that! After previewing the "ball buster" workouts in this series (Afterburn, Athletic Training, etc.) having a slightly easier workout is much needed. Love the variety!!

In my opinion, Low Impact Challenge is the workout i'll be reaching for when I want to torch calories but have a smile on my face the entire time. ;) :)

Katie

hey Katie: great to see you on the boards again. This LIC sounds perfect for me as I am recovering....I was going to do Cycle Max today...but now maybe I will reach for this one instead....

I previewed the program before trying to do it today and I still had trouble picking up some of the fast and/or turning steps. I found that it helps to use the "slow" button on the remote, although you don't get the audio when you do.

mini-natty said:
Hi everyone!

I am pretty new to Cathe (started collecting her workouts since May 2011) but I have been hooked ever since! Needless to say, I had to pre-order the whole LIS, and was very excited to receive my downloads today (7am I was trying to download with my 2 1/2 year old daughter banging on the keyboard!).

I decided to try the Step Challenge first, hoping it would not be too difficult since I am new to stepping and hate complicated choreography. I have to say, I found some of the moves tricky, but not extremely tough. I am determined to nail this one! I loved the bonus step segment which has more athletic type moves. All in all, I found the workout to be fun, challenging and I was dripping with sweat at the end. 1 down, 8 more to go!

I just finished Low Impact Challenge and I agree with the other posts. It is fun, can be tricky in spots, and is a solid calorie torcher (my heart rate monitor says that I burned 392 calories). One thing that was not mentioned is that it takes up quite a bit of lateral space. I kept whacking my hand on my freezer (gotta get that thing moved) and having to shorten my steps up to accommodate my space limitations.

I also like the music during the blast at the end, which sounds to me like a throwback to Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean." I could be wrong about that but the beat sure is similar.

As others stated, this will be reached for when I want to move and get a good workout but not totally kill myself.

Thanks Cathe for another great addition to your video library! You make a big difference in my life, health, outlook and happiness. Cheers!

Low Impact Challenge

I tried this one today and loved the routine. On an 8 inch step it is definitely a challenge. I had to rewind a lot of the choreography, as I tend to have two left feet, but could usually manage on the second try. i am an older Cathlete, 59, and I don't have the reaction time or strength of the cast. But they are tremendously inspiring to me, the whole crew is unbelievably motivating. This program has great music too! so I know I will do it again soon!
Carol

I started with 1 riser personally as I didn't watch it through first. Definitely think I can try 2 next time...although I didn't have time to do the Blast today, so I may change my mind about that! :)

I figured that until I really learn the choreography, I'll use just one riser (otherwise I'll probably hurt myself when I'm tripping on the step).

I found the first three combos to be pretty doable on the first try, but I got completely lost with the fourth combo. (I'm talking three moves in and I was lost). I think I'll have to practice just #4 a couple times before I try the entire thing again.

This is the only DVD I've tried so far and I thought the music was fine.
I'm happy for a bad weather day tomorrow so I can stay in and try a couple more DVDs!

Shelbygirl

This was a great workout. I was doing well until combo 4, and that's going to take some practice to get the steps down. It has a wonderful blast at the end that really gets the heartrate up. I think I will always love stepping more than any other exercise. Love it!!!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.