Killer legs ✔︎

I think this workout is one that's going to have to grow on me. Maybe I was just testy today because I did STS 2.0 Upper Body 2 yesterday and was getting irritated with the moves at the beginning where she was having you press your weight overhead, and the alternating arm up. My upper body was already tired from yesterday's workout, I didn't want to have more shoulder presses and bicep curls thrown at me in what's supposed to be a lower body workout.

So! I almost was going to come here and complain "this isn't a lower body workout, it's a metabolic workout!" but fortunately, those compound moves were at a minimum and the focus shifted to more pure lower body through the majority of the rest of the workout.

It's a pretty decent mix of lighter weights and heavier weights, which I appreciated. The brief rests were challenging - had to hit pause a couple times. Probably didn't hit my lower body very efficiently - that's usually the case for me my first time through a workout as I get around to fully understanding some of the movements - I end up missing a few reps here and there as I get the pacing down.

I didn't do the barre bonus since I'm not a huge fan of barre type workouts. I'd rather do floor work like To the Mat.

Checking back in next morning to say... oooh yes. I hit my lower body plenty efficiently. Definitely feeling it in my legs today.
I think there was a full 24 hours+ before DOMS kicked in for me - mostly in the inner thighs. Killer Legs is unique, I think, in Cathe's repertoire of LB workouts. She has you alternate between heavier and lighter weighted excercises and the lighter weighted ones have some core work included - so I felt I was getting a two-fer. I was initially irritated that in such a short workout that there were 2 long sets of calf raises, then the Sumo Squat calf raises - but I kinda liked those. Last summer I googled "why should I include calf exercises in my LB workouts" and after reading the responses I "forgave evil Cathe " (insert Cathe's witch's laugh here) for putting so much calf work in STS2.0! And now Killer Legs. But overall I think Killer Legs is a great addition to Cathe's collection of LB workouts as it has a unique format.

Last edited:
I always feel like calf work doesn't show up enough in lower body workouts, lol. I wish she'd do more of those "shin pull" kind of workouts, though, too, like you find at the end of Body Blast's Push & Pull.
Yes, those feel so good... I should just include a set - maybe substitute for a calf set -- will make a note & stick it inside the cover or write it in on my weight worksheet. Thanks for the idea!

Toes in, toes out, toes straight on ... that kind of thing? Good idea!
Exactly!..
Yes, those feel so good... I should just include a set - maybe substitute for a calf set -- will make a note & stick it inside the cover or write it in on my weight worksheet. Thanks for the idea!
I wish she'd do more of those "shin pull" kind of workouts, though, too, like you find at the end of Body Blast's Push & Pull.
and great ideas folks!! Will do that myself!!

So far I only have gloved up and sweaty left to do and I love the series.
Killer legs is my favourite. Love combos and isolating upper body felt as a nice variety. It did not feel as working both lower and upper body. At least not for me.

I did the barre segment + main killer legs workout today. The ball stayed pretty much in place.My legs are already talking out loud! I have got to add a recovery workout tomorrow.

I love the variety of exercises in this one, something different and challenging, but with that
all important fun factor!! I haven't tried the barre bonus, I am disappointed it isn't chaptered,
at least in "sections, cause I have problems sometimes with my hip(s) doing those side
lifts, but like the looks of the first part with the ball, and the last part with the loop, and it
would have been nice to have been able to do a blender mix leaving out the side lifts
grouping, but I will give it a try sometime to see how I get along.
i love the barre workouts!!

Did the barre bonus yesterday and tacked on STS 2.0 Active Recovery. Barre bonus was going well until I got to the high hip raises with the ball squeezed behind the knee. It popped out and went flying across the room. Retrieved it, started over, and it popped out again. Ended up having to hold it in place with my free hand. Next exercise, ball behind the knee facing the bar with both hands on the bar. Ball popped out again, so I just continued without it. I was using my slightly deflated ball too. Everything got back on track again when I started the band section. Next time I will try deflating the ball more to see if that improves my grip on it. Otherwise, I will just have to do those sections without the ball. While this was a good workout, I agree with aqua girl that it would have been useful if the barre bonus workout had been chaptered into 4 sections, ball between the knees, high hip with ball behind the knee, facing the bar with ball behind the knee, and band work. Then we could mix and match the sections with other barre workouts in the blender.
If you’re able to wear shorts at home, try doing barre bonus with shorts on so your skin can grip the ball instead of your leggings.

No, I was wearing shorts, and the ball was on bare skin. It is summer here and too hot for leggings. I usually use a partially deflated ball for better grip but maybe it wasn't deflated enough. Also, my ball isn't a Cathe ball, it is one I bought locally. It may be made from different material that is a bit more slippery. I was going to buy the Cathe ball and some other items with free worldwide shipping a while back and they weren't shipping to New Zealand at the time.
Oh you DID have shorts on. Yes, maybe a grippier ball would be better. My ball does have a tackier grip.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.