Keep your brand PURE!

Cathe,

In a recent marketing class, I was taught that it could ruin a brand or product reputation if that business managers don't know who they want to marke to. You have always said you want to target the advanced exerciser. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep targeting us as your market. Don't bow down to those people that think you are too hard by giving in to the pressure to put together an intro tape. If you are only making 4 tapes, do 2 cardio & 2 weighted or 2 split body, 1 pure cardio & 1 combo like C&W/Circuit Max.

Thanks for asking our opinions.

Cathe,

I kept wanting to say the same thing as Deborah but just didn't. Thanks Deborah for putting it so well. I have every tape currently listed in your catalog. I love your advanced fitness and I can't get it anywhere else. Living in a rural area (southern Illinois) the only gym within driving distance has no idea what advanced step aerobics is.

Your tapes are EXCELLENT beyond compare. I always buy the whole set everytime you create new tapes. I really don't want an intro tape. I don't know if it could be sold seperate, so that the advanced exercisers could still buy the new set of tapes without the intro tape.

By the way, as you are well aware, your new Intensity Series tapes ROCK!! I can't get enough of them and they do wonders. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. Can't believe you're getting started on a new set of tapes already! I must have died and gone to heaven. Go Cathe!

Sami

RE: I doubt this will happen....

"In a recent marketing class, I was taught that it could ruin a brand or product reputation if that business' managers don't know who they want to market to."

I have to disagree here. Cathe seems like she's a smart lady and knows exactly which level exerciser she targets. To suggest otherwise is somewhat insulting. This is why she asks for our feedback to see if the demand for a specific type of workout is in as high of a demand as it seems. Any good business will adapt to meet a demand if there is enough of it. That's just good business sense. As other people have stated sometimes they get injured and need something lighter from time to time. A single tape will hardly wipe away the years and years worth of reputation that Cathe has gained.

Edited to add: That I reread Cathe's breakdown of the "Intro" tape and its an intermediate/advanced level tape. So it would be perfect for those of us that need that little extra something to push us into complete and total advanced.

RE: I doubt this will happen....

i totally agree with you, jilliana. it baffles me to think a single Intro To Cathe video (which Cathe specifically says, will be in the intermediate/advance level)will ruin Cathe's reputation as the leading provider of advanced fitness videos.

I really do not see the big 'hoop-la' about Cathe doing an Intro to Cathe tape. Even if it IS at a lower intensity level than her usual tape. The tape says -- Intro to Cathe -- NOT Interval Max, Power Max, Step Max, etc. It's an introduction to Cathe... not the real Kahuna. As for pricing, I am sure Cathe will put the workout 'separate' from her others... this workout does not cater to the same exercisers. I myself would not be interested in the workout itself as I considered myself as old timer with Cathe.

As for marketing strategy, I personally think an Intro to Cathe is a GREAT marketing strategy. She is not trying to please everybody by making this tape. She is trying to convert them! I have many times heard how intimidated some exercisers about trying a Cathe workout. To me, they are missing a great deal. With this tape, I think some of them would easily crossed the line... and who knows, Cathe might have a convert! The more we have Cathe fans, the more sales SNM will make -- more sales means more demands which translates to --- MORE VIDEOS!
(Not that I need MORE videos!)

I agree that the Intro to Cathe video is a great idea, for all the people that come to Cathe's forums looking for a good video to start with. It's still going to be inter/adv and it will most likely still be intense. I'm guessing the moves will be broken down more, and choreography alittle less complex. It will help people cross that line into Cathe's more advanced tapes. It's a great marketing strategy! She's helping people to climb a ladder to her other videos. :)

Thank you Cathe for your "new to Cathe" workout plans

I had emergency appendecitis surgery two years ago, I had a baby a year ago, and recently, I had a second degree sprained ankle....why do I say this, simply because at these times, I, like many others, wished we had a tape like Cathe intends to make, so that we could get back on the fitness trail again.

We all have had our ups and downs, whether when we are getting into a fitness program, are coming back from an injury or from situations that pulled us from our goals at one time or another.

In my case, I just sold / bought a house, I sprained my ankle badly, am in the middle of painting, putting tile and fixing the home I bought. I have been unable to exercise for 2 months and am planning on slowly starting in about 2 weeks. I would love to have had this new workout for such a time as this.

We are not super persons. We need a break every once in a while and I definitely welcome Cathe's new intermediate/advance "new to Cathe" workout. Lets not put it down. If it is not for any particular person, then don't buy it but don't put it down for everyone else.

Cathe, now the next tape is for the pregnant moms....how about it?

Runathon...injured, but still in love with Cathe workouts! ;oD

>"In a recent marketing class, I was taught that it could ruin
>a brand or product reputation if that business' managers don't
>know who they want to market to."
>
>I have to disagree here. Cathe seems like she's a smart lady
>and knows exactly which level exerciser she targets. To
>suggest otherwise is somewhat insulting. This is why she asks
>for our feedback to see if the demand for a specific type of
>workout is in as high of a demand as it seems. Any good
>business will adapt to meet a demand if there is enough of it.
>That's just good business sense. As other people have stated
>sometimes they get injured and need something lighter from
>time to time. A single tape will hardly wipe away the years
>and years worth of reputation that Cathe has gained.
>
>Edited to add: That I reread Cathe's breakdown of the "Intro"
>tape and its an intermediate/advanced level tape. So it would
>be perfect for those of us that need that little extra
>something to push us into complete and total advanced.
:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :7 :7 :9

RE: Thank you Cathe for your "new to Cathe" workout plans

Runathon, I feel for you.

I never would have thought it possible four years ago, when I was able to do ALL of IMAX and all of Body Max in the same week, but I am currently at a low-intermediate level. Even the Wedding Tape is too fast for my current fitness level. It is possible to have an advanced knowledge, but a low-intermediate or even beginning-level body. I just can't bring myself to go back to the up-up-down-down tapes I did before I discovered Cathe. It would be nice to have a Cathe tape that has her great choreography, personality, and teaching style, yet takes things slightly slower. I don't want all of her tapes to be like this, but having one to fall back on on those weak, tired, sick days will be nice. I doubt the Intro to Cathe will be too easy anyway.

I know that I am facing a hysterectomy in the next six to twenty-four months and would appreciate a Cathe to bring me back to full fitness... and I have friends who are scared to try Cathe even though I pump them up on it!

Thank you Jenne.

I will definitely purchase the new intro to Cathe workout and am looking forward to it. :+

I definitely agree with you when you say that we can have an "advanced knowledge but a low-intermediate or even beginning-level body." It happens sometimes.

Keep up a good spirit and slowly but surely you will get back to those hardcore workouts!

Runathon....

>Runathon, I feel for you.
>
>I never would have thought it possible four years ago, when I
>was able to do ALL of IMAX and all of Body Max in the same
>week, but I am currently at a low-intermediate level. Even
>the Wedding Tape is too fast for my current fitness level. It
>is possible to have an advanced knowledge, but a
>low-intermediate or even beginning-level body. I just can't
>bring myself to go back to the up-up-down-down tapes I did
>before I discovered Cathe. It would be nice to have a Cathe
>tape that has her great choreography, personality, and
>teaching style, yet takes things slightly slower. I don't
>want all of her tapes to be like this, but having one to fall
>back on on those weak, tired, sick days will be nice. I doubt
>the Intro to Cathe will be too easy anyway.

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon

:) I am interested in the Cathe intro tape because I have so much trouble with her choreograpy since I have not been with Cathe since the beginning. It is very frustrating to not know the moves and have to break down a video into three minute segments to learn the steps.
The Cathe tape will help those of us who are advanced enough to handle the intensity learn her unique steps.

I can see both sides of this argument. I personally wouldn't be interested in a "Intro" tape, but it sounds like it would benefit many.
However, I can also see what Deborah might be saying. It made me a little nervous to think of Cathe starting to "lower" her intesity to broaden her market. I instantly thought of the newer Firm tapes and how it seems that they have had to lessen the quality of their workouts to try and get more people to try them. Since they are so big in the infomercial arena I'm sure they've had to make their videos less intense so everyone can start doing them and not get frustrated.

I may be completely off base here but that was just my initial gut reaction.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.