I am not seeing floor and mat work in the STS 2.0 rotations. Is there a reason behind not including them more than just the add ons?

Osutxgirl

Cathlete
I feel these workouts help with overall leg strength and injury prevention. Am I wrong in this assumption?

She doesn't have a floor-specific workout, or section, but she does have them peppered throughout the end of all her lower body-specific workouts.

LB 1 has hamstring roll-ins and leg quad lifts (which are OUCH)
LB 2 has forward-hinged hip abductions (in the bonus as you mentioned)
BP Legs has side-lying hip raises (main workout) and pizza press (bonus)

I kind of like that she didn't just exclude these moves entirely and only do a separate dedicated workout for these.

The bonus sections are usually so short, too, that for me (at least) I find it easy to just add them on.

I also find that the mobility workouts also do a decent job of targeting our lower body joints in an effective way that will assist with strength and injury-prevention, too.

I'm not Cathe, though, so I can't speak to "why" she did it this way.

Not Cathe here either, however Cathe emphasized she would select the most effective exercises for developing strength when planning this series. Maybe in the new Killer Legs there will be more endurance-based excercises. I agree with you that floor/mat leg exercises can help with strength and injury prevention and rehabilitation. When I'm nursing or rehabbing the lower body, I include lots of Cathe's floor/mat exercises piece-mealed from various LB workouts.

Not Cathe here either, however Cathe emphasized she would select the most effective exercises for developing strength when planning this series. Maybe in the new Killer Legs there will be more endurance-based excercises. I agree with you that floor/mat leg exercises can help with strength and injury prevention and rehabilitation. When I'm nursing or rehabbing the lower body, I include lots of Cathe's floor/mat exercises piece-mealed from various LB workouts.
Second this! I’ve been doing the floor work from Boss Bands Legs and Core, Butts and Guts and STS 2.0 Body Parts Legs, plus foam rolling, STS Mobility 1&2, etc and my janky left hip feels loads better. Combine that with a really good leg workout (STS 2.0 Body Parts Legs, for example) and it hits all the targets — strength, mobility, rehab, stretching, and rest. Works amazingly well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.