Hey Cathe LIVE-letes...

Debinmi

Cathlete
Black Friday sales may soon be upon us ... We sometimes purchase LIVE workouts to download during the sale (~$6/workout if you buy enough to qualify for the 40% discount (if it's the same as in the past)). We got lots of new workouts this year from Cathe (thanks!), but we love variety & a good sale (& of course to support Cathe).

Do you have any particular recommendations since November 2022? TIA!

Well, you knew I would respond! :)

an absolute favorite of mine is # 423, 12/8/22, Jab, Jump & Kick Express -31 min.
(has a little jump rope in it). I purchased that one too.

#426- PHA Strength -Heavy Weights express - 34 min. 12/29/22

I’ll look for more! Do you need the # or is the date & title good enough? I can look
faster without the # of the workout, as I write down by date.

Well, you knew I would respond! :)

an absolute favorite of mine is # 423, 12/8/22, Jab, Jump & Kick Express -31 min.
(has a little jump rope in it). I purchased that one too.

#426- PHA Strength -Heavy Weights express - 34 min. 12/29/22

I’ll look for more! Do you need the # or is the date & title good enough? I can look
faster without the # of the workout, as I write down by date.
Date is fine - thanks so much!

The 2 above, then….

2/2/2023. Core Flow Express. 25 min.
2/9/2023. Gold & Fit. 53 min. (her newest “senior” workout, it’s so much fun)
3/30/2023. Mixed Impact Cardio Express. 26 min.
4/6/2023. Legs with a side dish of shoulders. 43 min.
7/20/23. Upper Body Birthday party 48 min.
8/17/23. Metabolic Blast: Express. 28 min
8/24/23. Strong & Fit: Back & Biceps. 47 min.
8/31/23. Strong & Fit: Shoulders & Legs. 46 min.
9/7/2023. Strong & Fit: Chest & Triceps. 40 min.
10/22/2923. Strong & Fit: All Upper Body. 54 min.

just some of my favs….there were a lot of Express workouts early on this year due to
the shoulder injury.

:):), well, you wanted ideas! LOL!
Seriously, the last Live I purchased was the Birthday Party Upper Body one. It takes me
so long to download, I am being "Picky" now when I purchase one. Of course, since I have
Live, I can do them that way with no problem, but I like getting my favorites to keep too.

What I look for, anymore, is 1) Time, cause I personally prefer the shorter ones, 30 or less
min to about 45 min. 2) and something "new & different" meaning just changing things
up in a way that makes it seem completely unlike anything else, by changing rep patterns,
putting new & different combos together not necessarily in any dvds, or bringing some
"new" toys into the picture for variety & fun. I do have the Strong & Fit: All Upper Body
on my radar, cause that one was a little different, at least to me, but for example, in
the Strong & Fit Chest & Triceps, a barbell was used for some exercises and I felt
there was alot of times, just weight plate exercises could have been thrown in to
make it different and add a "new touch" to old exercises. To be honest, in the last
couple months, I just haven't "clicked" with any of the newer Lives, either because
of the length or alot more higher impact moves. I don't mind modifying because I
have to, but if I have to modify more than not, then I just lose interest. Just my take
on things.

The Lives are great and a great addition to Cathe's dvd workouts, and I still think
you need to try it out! LOL! :):)

.... What I look for, anymore, is 1) Time, cause I personally prefer the shorter ones, 30 or less
min to about 45 min. 2) and something "new & different" meaning just changing things
up in a way that makes it seem completely unlike anything else, by changing rep patterns,
putting new & different combos together not necessarily in any dvds, or bringing some
"new" toys into the picture for variety & fun. I do have the Strong & Fit: All Upper Body
on my radar, cause that one was a little different, at least to me, but for example, in
the Strong & Fit Chest & Triceps, a barbell was used for some exercises and I felt
there was alot of times, just weight plate exercises could have been thrown in to
make it different and add a "new touch" to old exercises. ... if I have to modify more than not, then I just lose interest.
Ha! :) I've become the same way ...maybe it's an age thing ...in my 20's & 30's I wanted long workouts that got me sweaty, breathless, on a endorphin high & subsequently burned lots of calories. Now I want shorter workouts that keep my interest up (hence the variety factor). I don't mind some impact (good for my bones), but not lots. I seldom do P30 High Impact Hiit as I have to modify a lot & it's tiresome to pause a second or 2 to get the mod - it just detracts from the fun factor. Most of the LIVE cardio we have are low impact. And the LIVEs that are long, don't get used much since they're not chaptered to make it easy to go to the cool-down. But I can't complain too much for $6 Cathe workouts. So we're on the same page.

Hey do you recall if there's any LIVE that features that Balance Board Cathe sells? I'm going to search for Express workouts too. We have a Express Spin that we like cuz it's shorter.

Hey do you recall if there's any LIVE that features that Balance Board Cathe sells?
I can answer that right away….no, she hasn’t incorporated the balance disc in any
workout that I know of…. I don’t have her disc, but I have the Firm one which is the
same thing….kind of strange not to have used it in a workout, like with abs, balance
& mobility, etc.

there are a lot of Live express workouts that I didn’t mention above, right around the
end of 2022 and into 2023 for a month or two…..even tho’ I didn’t list them, I like them
cause they are all right around 30ish min.

~$6/workout if you buy enough to qualify for the 40% discount (if it's the same as in the past)).
How many do or did you have to buy to get 40% off? & do you have to download them
all at the same time? Meaning one right after the other?

In 2022, you had to spend $40 or more to get the 40% off. The LIVE downloads are $9.97 each, so you have to purchase at least 5 to get the 40%. You can get 20% off if you spend $20 or more, so 3-4 downloads. As with any downloads, you have so many attempts (and maybe days) to download them. They don't take too long. I usually only download one or two at a time, or my system may freeze and it takes for...ev..er. But to get the discount, you have to make the purchase at the same time. We usually start creating our list of possibilities about now, then narrow down our choices after reviewing clips. So I've started our list ... thanks for your suggestions! I also keep the lists from past years if we want to re-consider. We have a quite a few on the list ... now I want to organize them by type of workout.

and it takes for...ev..er.
wanna know what forever is? My Internet is so slow to download a 45 min workout will
take me approx. an hour and a half!!!! I haven’t really minded, so I usually get it going
& do something else, but on some of the last ones, it would get down to about the
last 30 sec & fail!!! Talk about being pi$$&#. :). But, I have always gotten the ones I
purchased….sometimes eventually:). It’s crazy, I don’t usually have any problems
streaming…

Grr....that's aggravating... would it be faster to go to the library or a coffee shop? That's what we did before we got cable internet...

Good ideas…. I have thought about asking my sister if I could come over & hook into
their Wi-Fi and see how that would go, cause I usually download straight to the usb drive
hooked into my Chromebook…..they have cable ….. I have broadband.

Good ideas…. I have thought about asking my sister if I could come over & hook into
their Wi-Fi and see how that would go, cause I usually download straight to the usb drive
hooked into my Chromebook…..they have cable ….. I have broadband.
Sounds like a good idea ... a friendly little visit over coffee and downloads ;)

Nice…..

I thought of another one that is one of my favs, although it was before 11/22….maybe
you have.. I think it’s called Plyo Legs-Low Impact….alternates low impact with fabric
loop exercises….

Nice…..

I thought of another one that is one of my favs, although it was before 11/22….maybe
you have.. I think it’s called Plyo Legs-Low Impact….alternates low impact with fabric
loop exercises….
That one is on the list of possibilities. Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.