Foam rolling & yoga blocks

aqua girl

Cathlete
I started using 2 yoga blocks, mostly with the lower body foam rolling movements to help me elevate and also to help with wrist issues and I must say, it really does help strain on the wrists and helps me get greater range of motion, like on hamstrings, glutes, etc. Sometimes I might put my elbows on them or my hands, depends..... I don't really use them for the upper body rolling, but sure takes some of the pressure off on lower!

I started using 2 yoga blocks, mostly with the lower body foam rolling movements to help me elevate and also to help with wrist issues and I must say, it really does help strain on the wrists and helps me get greater range of motion, like on hamstrings, glutes, etc. Sometimes I might put my elbows on them or my hands, depends..... I don't really use them for the upper body rolling, but sure takes some of the pressure off on lower!
Good to know. I do a lot of yoga and use my blocks more than they even suggest. I really like them for downward dog because it really helps me with my wrists, but helps me make my back longer and helps me straighten my legs more.

This reminded me: has anyone tried something like these to help with wrist/hand issues? I haven't purchased them ... there is a less expensive option also. I'm curious as to whether they help.

WRIST BUDDY Yoga Blocks | Engineered to Help Wrist Pain, Comfort, and Grip Strength | Prime Support for Balance Fitness and Exercise | All EVA Foam Blocks Yoga Accessories | Best Choice for Gifts https://a.co/d/7MrJVdO

I think I ran across these in my recent searches :)…kinda pricey…..I just wonder too, how
much they would really help….and if your hand didn’t fit in that indentation exactly right,
to me that might be uncomfortable. If I really thought they would be a help, I would try
them.

ETA: I went back & watched the videos on them and they are really nice. OMG!!!
now I want them….. maybe Hazlady will know something about them…I did see in the
videos, that they are marked for right/left hand.

still on the topic of yoga blocks, I found a neat little 10 min. Core workout on YT that
uses a yoga block. Wanna try it out soon.

Last edited:
Yes, I have heard that they are pretty good….one lady that was on here some years ago
swore by them. I have looked at them a few times….

One of these?
Yes, those are the ones. I have the WAGS Ultra as these were the only ones I could get in New Zealand, but there are different types. I only use them for Yoga. I have tried using them on my Pilates reformer when doing planks but because of the pads I can't grip the foot bar properly and it doesn't feel safe. For this reason, I also can't use them for planks on the Fit Tower. I find they are best when used on the floor with exercises such as down dog to plank to cobra or up dog as they help take some pressure off the wrists.

That's why I never got them, because I thought using them would be very limited and again,
like using the hooks, I would need to put on & take off for certain exercises.. Same with
Cathe's micro load gloves, although I do have a couple pairs of them and like them. In one
of the CatheLive's some of them do use the micro-loads, and she allows time for putting on
& taking off (mostly using them for Chest & Back) and that makes the world of difference.
Also, in that same class, she says that you can leave your thumbs out of the little holes
and it's safe and same effect with the gloves and that made a big difference in getting them
on & off quicker and personally, I like that better....I think that class was Upper Body Burn?
or something like that....

ETA: correction on the CatheLive…it was Wicked Upper Body, not Upper Body Burn..
glad I thought of it, cause I purchased that one and put it on my upcoming schedule:)

also thinking about getting the latest too, Upper Body Birthday…haven’t gotten a Live
for awhile….gonna watch it again….or better yet, do it!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.