Carpet size recommendation?

paulababy

Cathlete
I currently work out on rubber mats. The slide/glide discs don't slide well on the mat, so I'm wanting to purchase a carpet remnant or area rug that I can put down when I do the new low impact workouts. I'm just wondering what size rug/remnant I should be looking for. I don't want something too big but I want to make sure it's big enough to do all the moves. Any suggestions, cathletes??
TIA,
Paula

carpet

I workout in my living room and use a regular 5x7 area rug (with matting underneath) I purchased from Target. It protects my berber underneath and gives the living room great definition besides a great workout area in the evening...lol. It's perfect for all my workouts.

Yes, the Gliders will work on hardwood. They include a bootie type thingy that fits over the glider so it slides on wood and doesn't scratch your floor.

Paula, I would think a 5X7 area rug would work too. You might have to turn yourself length ways or sideways depending on the move.

Thanks, ladies! Yes, I think 5x7 is the way to go. I thought about getting one off craigslist, but now that just seems gross to me to use someone else carpet! Off to go shopping and spend MORE money :)
Paula

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.