Body Parts - One Week In!

ashaw

Cathlete
I just wrapped up my first week of STS 2.0 Body Parts. I did all the workouts plus the bonuses in the following order: Chest, Back, To The Mat: Legs & Glutes, Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. To The Mat has been a god send because I sprained my ankle a week ago while out walking Luca and its great to be able to work my lower body without having to be on my feet. My ankle is still a tiny bit swollen, there is some bruising and its a little tender, but I can walk normally without pain. I never had the pain like I did last year when Luca and my neighbor's dog both ran into my lower leg and I rolled my foot and ankle. Last Saturday, I took a step on a raised part of the sidewalk and it basically crumbled under my foot, I lost my balance and injured the ankle. The next day I got a Mueller ankle support brace which has been fantastic for a grocery store product. The heat here has been extreme, I've lived in Houston my whole life and never before have we had August with everyday but one day at 100 or above. Plus, no rain for over a month. Tomorrow might be 109 again. Our electric providers are asking everyone to conserve power, which I'm happy to do because we hope to avoid the possibility of rolling blackouts.

I liked the body parts workouts, they were tough, especially the biceps, but they were the perfect length of time, even with adding on the bonuses. My Turbo Tower really came in handy because I was able to use it for pull ups, chin ups, triceps dips, and triceps press downs. While I'd like to eventually get the STS2.0 Tower, right now given my space constraints, the Turbo Tower does me just fine. My Bowflex select tech dumbbells have been great for this entire series because I can go heavy without having more dumbbells all over my room. And, I love, love, love the step mini mat. Its been especially good for doing hip thrusts with a 50 pound dumbbell.

On another topic, Kevin is back in the neighborhood again, this time doing a kitchen job at the same house where I first met him last year. He was out of the country on vacation for 2 months because his wife teaches school and gets summers off. He still does the hug and kiss on the cheek thing, but it doesn't bother me anymore because that's as far as anything will ever go because when I cut off the texting, I closed the door to him saying, oh, such and such job is done, why don't you meet me somewhere.

Congrats on getting through Body Parts! ... I really enjoyed them too .... I did two weeks of the full workouts, then 3 weeks using the premixes. Glad to hear your ankle is healing well :)
Thank you so much! I've been very careful with my ankle and I'm pleased at the progress I've made in just one week. Hopefully in another few weeks I'll be back to normal lower body lifting, but in the meantime, To The Mat has been a great alternative to be able to work lower body without weights or being on my feet.

I'm going to do the same thing this week with the workouts: one body part per day + the bonuses. I've thought about doing the extreme premixes of the workouts on a M-W-F format, but honestly, I don't think I'd have enough left in the tank to do two full body parts workouts in one session. A morning and afternoon split isn't an option for me. And when I did the shoulders timesaver premix week before last, I finished wanting more. The biceps workout was probably one of the most demanding of the body parts series. I do want to revisit the total body workouts as well as the upper & lower split, but something I've thought about is subbing the Body Parts Legs workout for the lower body this time around since I'm probably going to miss it during this phase due to the ankle. I miss doing some cardio, but Body Parts couldn't have come at a better time because I can't do cardio now anyway.

Great job ashaw! Hope your ankle feels better soon...take it easy....

I gave up on trying my little "rotation" idea I had.....I probably wouldn't last thru the 2nd day, because I just have
so much that I like to do and I would miss that, like all my blenders, CatheLive, Kelly, Youtube workouts and
the apps that I subscribe to for my cardio machines. Too many ways to workout and not enough time ! I tend to get bored very easily so I gotta keep things mixed up & moving! :)

I had planned on starting the individual body parts workouts this last week, but I've had to put that on hold due to work and now I'm sick. Nasty cough and a sore throat, but not Covid luckily. I had to deliver a training course last week and must have caught something from one of the participants. There were a few who were coughing. I really hate delivering training, but it pays well, and I need the money. So, I will have to wait until I recover before I can start the workouts. I don't think I can do one body part per day, I will probably need at least one rest day in between each one.

I had planned on starting the individual body parts workouts this last week, but I've had to put that on hold due to work and now I'm sick. Nasty cough and a sore throat, but not Covid luckily. I had to deliver a training course last week and must have caught something from one of the participants. There were a few who were coughing. I really hate delivering training, but it pays well, and I need the money. So, I will have to wait until I recover before I can start the workouts. I don't think I can do one body part per day, I will probably need at least one rest day in between each one.
Sending get well wishes your way! Feel better soon!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.