Cathe has TONS of workouts with them.

I think this series provides a unique opportunity to exclude both of those exercises and accommodate people who can't do them ..either because of long term healing issues or joint degeneration.

Which is not the same as a lack of strength issue but does represent a population struggling to find ways to stay active and pain free.

I can do them but welcome a series that doesn't have them for a unique approach.
I agree, Cathe does have many workouts that include squats/ lunges & I'm grateful I can do them as an adjunct. And maybe someday I won't be able to do them.

However, as thorough and professional as Cathe is, I doubt she'd create a comprehensive functional fitness series without including a major component of what most professionals consider basic functional exercises - it would be a huge fauxpas in the fitness industry. On the other hand, I'm sure Cathe will include other exercises to strengthen the lower body that don't involve squats/lunges such as leg extensions & mat work. Thereby, everyone benefits.

We should trust Cathe to develop a comprehensive, well researched functional fitness series.

When there's a particular exercise my body doesn't like (we all probably have them - yesterday mine was inverted shoulder presses), I don't forego the entire series cuz I don't care for one exercise in one of the workouts - I don't even forego the workout- I just substitute or skip it :) . On the other hand if every workout in a series had a zillion inverted shoulder presses, I might give it a pass too ;)

The accessories for this series are listed below. Just to note, no barbell or weight plate is included. So it appears no heavy lifting will be included, however, anchored resistance bands are included. The dip bars aren't listed either but I'm assuming that's an oversight, or maybe Cathe & crew will be using chairs for the barre workout. :)
Cathe Friedrich Orange Mini Yoga Exercise BallCathe Orange Small Mini Yoga Exercise Ball

Our Price: $9.97

Cathe Friedrich's Premium Large Round Extra Thick 6 ft Non-Slip Yoga Mat's Premium Large Round Extra Thick 6 ft Non-Slip Yoga MatCathe Premium Large Round Extra Thick 6 ft Non-Slip Yoga Mat

Our Price: $109.97

Cathe Friedrich Foam Yoga Block Brick 2 PackCathe Foam Yoga Block 2 Pack

Our Price: $15.97

Cathe Friedrich 36 inch orange high density foam rollerCathe 36 inch Orange High-Density Foam Roller

Our Price: $34.97

Cathe balance stability balance DiscCathe Balance Disc

Our Price: $21.97

Cathe Resistance Tubes With Handles Multipack4 Cathe Resistance Tubes With Handles (Multipack)

Our Price: $39.97
Deal of the Day Price: $34.97
Cathe Resistance Band Door AnchorCathe Resistance Band Door Anchor

Our Price: $9.97
Deal of the Day Price: $7.97
Cathe Says Training Socks Black 8-PackCathe Says Training Socks Black 8-Pack

Our Price: $54.97

ACCESSORIES FOR THIS PRODUCT...
The complete list of equipment for this series will not be available until Cathe has made all final decisions related to the new workouts. What you are currently seeing listed are "suggested" products, but the final list of equipment will include additional items.

When there's a particular exercise my body doesn't like (we all probably have them - yesterday mine was inverted shoulder presses), I don't forego the entire series cuz I don't care for one exercise in one of the workouts - I don't even forego the workout- I just substitute or skip it :) . On the other hand if every workout in a series had a zillion inverted shoulder presses, I might give it a pass too ;)
I'm the same. The big one for me is step ups. I've always struggled with them but since developing hip tendonitis I can't do them at all. Even going up and down stairs in general I find I need to hold onto the handrail more often, especially if I'm already a bit fatigued. If I even slightly lose my balance doing step ups, I hurt my hip. But there are lots of other exercises I can do instead.

I still do step ups some, but on a much lower step, usually 2 risers & platform. I always
hold handrail up/down stairs, I maybe wouldn't have to all the time, but do, just for the
safety of it. Sometimes when I am having issues with my back/hip, I will get my
laundry basket downstairs by holding rail with one hand and pulling basket down one step
at a time behind me... (plop, plop, plop).

It would be nice if Cathe would again offer an alternative exercise that works the same muscle group for common exercises that give people problems ... squarts, lunges, step-ups, tricep dips, etc. For inverted shoulder presses she has Cedie doing seated regular presses. When she does dive bombers, she has Brenda doing seesaw pushups. In STS she offers many alternatives. I really appreciate it as you don't have to skip it nor suffer through it. That's my "wish list"!

I will say that I was looking at some of the questions, etc on her Facebook public page,
and someone mentioned squats & lunges, the reply I read was that there would be squats & lunges, but there would be options, whatever that may mean. Also I think
I saw a mention of maybe a 30-45 min range.

I will say that I was looking at some of the questions, etc on her Facebook public page,
and someone mentioned squats & lunges, the reply I read was that there would be squats & lunges, but there would be options, whatever that may mean. Also I think
I saw a mention of maybe a 30-45 min range.
I’ve done some Pvolve workouts, which is rooted in functional fitness and elements physical therapy. Instead of squats you do something called a p sit which is a very shallow squat. No deep lunges, the back leg is kept straight and you can really feel the upper part of the glutes get activated. I have the 21 day butt lift dvd and it was a god send when I had my knee injury and ankle sprains because I could still do Cathe upper body but wasn’t ready for all out lower body weights.

I'm the same. The big one for me is step ups. I've always struggled with them but since developing hip tendonitis I can't do them at all. Even going up and down stairs in general I find I need to hold onto the handrail more often, especially if I'm already a bit fatigued. If I even slightly lose my balance doing step ups, I hurt my hip. But there are lots of other exercises I can do instead.
And I'm sorry that condition forces you to find a workaround but glad you found other ways.
Looking forward to the options Cathe offers in this series! :cool:

Menopause made me very sick for 3 1/2 years, until we finally got things under control. I could barely work out at all. Since then, I cannot do high intensity workouts with no rest between sets. Oddly enough, I can do heavier weight lifting, with good rest breaks in between. I have been with Cathe for a long time, but those non-stop, short break workouts don't work well for me now.
I don't have specific knee problems, but the knees don't like impact anymore, so that's an issue. Squats and lunges are challenging at times. After the latest workouts came out, I was beginning to think I could no longer do Cathe workouts. I like STS and STS 2.0, and can do those with rest between sets. The new Killer Legs...I can do it, but I suffered the next day. Some of the Cathe Live workouts don't have many breaks either. The changes in my capabilities is really worrying to me, and hard to accept. Modifying is possible, but can mess up the timing in the workouts.
I am more interested now in pushing myself were I safely can, and focusing on longevity. I'm only 56, and have a long way to go. I would like to keep moving as much as possible as I age, while still being challenged. I would like to keep working out with Cathe as well. Thank you for considering some new workout styles to help us "older" people keep going.
I am 68, and like you I love STS and STS 2.0, mainly because I love lifting and I like the longer breaks. Some of us just may need longer recovery time, and I take it at times. I also like all of Cathe's other workouts, I just hit the pause button whenever I need it. I also do all of my cardio low impact now. Whatever she is doing, there is always a way to keep moving and keep the heart rate up without excess jumping putting pressure on my spine. I have compression and scoliosis. I also had a hip replacement 5 years ago. It is so important to keep moving, and also listen to your body when you can't. I am exited for the new series set to come out this summer, to incorporate more flexability along with strength.

I am so excited for this series. Been a Cathlete since the beginning - trying to keep up with the younger crowd has started to be a challenge - especially when I do a workout from 25 years ago and the speed is crazy fast!!! Then I realize I’m aging…

I have a subscription for streaming…is this series going to be like all the others and be available for my streaming subscription? I hope so…it will definitely be one I will work into my week every single week.

Thanks, Cathe, for all you do for us…I appreciate you so much. People ask me all the time how I stay in shape and I give them your name - think of you as a “sister”!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.