Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 2/19

Good evening ladies,

Still very sad. Thank you all for your kind words. Funeral services are tomorrow so I will head to New Bedord which is a 2 hour ride. Will give me way too much time to think. I have an audible book I am planning to listen to so hoping this helps. Workouts have been going well. I still am following SB's rotation which is perfect for me right now. I have been interested in Body By Simone lately and decided to try out her Sweaty Betty BBS workout on Youtube and I really liked it. She is dancy but this one was doable for me. I decided to purchase her new DVD which came in today. Looking forward to trying it in the morning.

Deb...nyquil always does me in the morning after. 6am is late for you. I now wake up automatically at 4:30am. Even on weekends. I do not mind. I like have the mornings to myself. :)

Carolyn...I always use my step when doing squat thrust pushups. Usually it is just the platform. Helps me trememdously. As far as plank kickbacks not a fan either. I love the LBB leg conditioning drill!.

Judy...glad your are feeling better. Oh a facial sounds really nice. My brother called me about my friend. It was all over Facebook. Glad he called before I saw it posted. Very sad you found out by reading the paper.

Valerie...very nice you were able to add to the memorial of your friend. Have a great trip!

Diane Sue...congrats on completing the entire Ramped Up! After finishing Rapid Fire no less! Awesome job!!!

Have a great night all.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday, this cold has taken over. I spent a lot of time on the couch. I did drop off my PC at the local guy that does the PC work for my cousin's security office. He is going to try to get my contacts and old emails back. I hope it works.

Valerie, have a safe trip!

Carolyn, good job on that rotation! :). I know I should look at some of those premixes. I like the KCM one a lot...probably because it's only 15 minutes long.

Diane Sue, that's great that you are now doing some whole workouts, but wartching the weights, still being careful.

Lori, I hope you are ok on the trip and feel somewhat better after being able to see some others that are mourning as well. Sometimesjust talking to them about your friend and old times helps. I usually wake up at 4:30 every day too. Those workouts sound interesting...where did you hear about her? Is it strictly cardio?

Judy, hoe was the facial? My cousin and I need to schedule one soon. We both got gift cards for Christmas to our favorite place.

Agility class this morning....I hope I can still breathe during it!

Take care,

Deb...I discovered her on Youtube when looking for rebounding workouts. She has a couple but that is not her main workouts. She was a broadway dancer and now a celebrity training. I like her personality a lot. I did the below workout the other day. Has cardio sections than high rep training and so on. Was fun to do. She has a streaming site too. I was depressed this week and caved and signed on. Not a ton of workouts. I love them but not enough to continue. I plan to cancel before it renews again.

I just finished Rapid Fire 3: Rock Steady Rock Hard. I really like these workouts. They are just hard enough to be challenging but not difficult to learn.

I plan to go to the outdoor farmers market this morning, but the weather might not cooperate. It's looking like rain now, but I hope it passes soon. At any rate, I will go to Sprouts and The Fresh Market.

Deb, I have recently started to use more of the premixes on my dvds. I ignored them for a long time but I find them very helpful with adding variety. When I don't feel up to a long workout the premix is perfect.

Hello to everyone.

Good morning. All went well getting here. Flew to john Wayne airport also known for the Harrison ford overflight recently so no hassle with Lax. Laguna beach. Weather is lovely hotel. Hotel is bit vintage old And awkward. No plugs, mirror is too high for me to see! nice to see everyone in the family will go walk a little this morning but not workout oriented we are out of here really early tomorrow and hopefully home by midday.
Lori hope it goes as well as possible today. Untimely event. So sorry
Carolyn. I also feel like I recently discovered premixes. And am appreciating how well they fit in when time is short.
Deb hoping for a quick recovery for you. And that john doesn't get it too

Hi Everyone,

Thursday I did CTX Upper Body Split. I hadn't done that one before and I really enjoyed it. Yesterday I did the floor and ankle weight premixes from Legs & Glutes and Muscle Meltdown Triceps. Today I did 10 Pounds Down Cardio Abs.

Deb-I'm sorry your cold is worse :( I hope you can get a lot of rest and that you don't feel too bad. The facial was great. Nice that you have a gift card for one!

Lori-I hope your trip went as well as it could today. Very sad. My thoughts are with you and your friend's family.

Carolyn-Great job on the Rapid Fire workout! I'm also starting to use more of Cathe's premixes.

Hi to Diane Sue, Valerie & Caitlin!

Judy

Today I did Strong and Sweaty PHA Mish Mosh mix lower body split 2 3 sets each exercise before moving to the next, 28 minutes, 260 calories. I did mostly Cather's weights with a couple of moves using a bit heavier. I then did Ice Lower Body Blast Blizzard blast, 18 minutes, 147 calories followed by Icy Core #2, 14 minutes 54 calories. I finished with SB Barre Amped Power Stretch, 23 minutes, 59 calories. Total time was 83 minutes, 420 calories. I felt the calories were awfully low for how hard I was pushing, but that happens sometimes. This afternoon was spent making cakes for tomorrow. We are purchasing barbecue and one of my daughters is bringing baked potatoes. Double birthday tomorrow:)

Lorie, I looked at the workout last night. It does look good. I saved it on You Tube fore later.

Deb, I hope they can get your emails and things that you need back for you. It has been 3 months since the surgery so things are moving along pretty well. I am pleased with the improvements.

Valerie, I noticed that the seed company page said that the bonita sweet potato was double sucrose. The white fleshed that I purchased before was not as sweet as most regular sweet potatoes. I bet there is more than one variety that has the white flesh. The reason I liked the one I had purchased was because it was not as sweet. I am glad things have gone well.

Carolyn, I do like that the Rapid Fire workouts are not hard to learn. She seems to spend enough time on building each move that you can get it pretty well.

Judy, I haven't done CTX upper split in a long time. It always felt like a nice endurance workout. I used to do it quite a lot. Like so many workouts it sort of has got left behind. Splitting that one and leaner legs was always nice to pair as a split. Nice workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.