Eggland's Best animal cruelty?

Hi Cathe,

I'm a longtime customer of yours and I was just sent a petition to urge Eggland's Best to stop torturing hens. The film taken by an undercover animal rights advocate is very graphic and disturbing. I'm sincerely hoping you will cut ties with them if you have not already.

If this has been posted or addressed elsewhere on your site I apologize. I don't visit your site on a regular basis.

Here is the link to the petition and the video (again, very graphic):

https://www.change.org/p/as-a-worke..._zxSGp1Bemg33zN1BmgED+aNuF2Jok0ht5XTJxHeDdLI=

Sincerely,
Joyce Filauri

Hi Joyce! Thank you for your concern. In my long term relations with Eggland's Best Eggs, I have only known this company to operate with the utmost professionalism. That being said I am unaware of the specifics that surround this latest video as my contractual agreement with Eggland's Best Eggs completed its term as of December 2015.

Joyce, thank you so much for this post. I signed the petition and hope it's of some benefit for those poor chickens. Cathe, I am so pleased to see that you're no longer a spokesperson for Egglands Best. I have always felt very ambivalent about the fact that you supported this company and am very happy to hear that your contract ended.

Hi Joyce! Thank you for your concern. In my long term relations with Eggland's Best Eggs, I have only known this company to operate with the utmost professionalism. That being said I am unaware of the specifics that surround this latest video as my contractual agreement with Eggland's Best Eggs completed its term as of December 2015.
Hi Cathe,

Thank you so much for your response. I am happy to hear that you are no longer working with Eggland's Best.

And I owe you a debt of gratitude for all the incredible workouts you have given me over the years - I am 55 and am very fit (if I do say so myself), largely due to you.

Thanks again
Joyce

It is clear that this company is not in-line with the Cathe philosophy of sensible health, fitness and well being, in my view, anyway. When you treat your said product, eggs, in such a horrid and completely unhealthful manner, that is not professional. I hope Men's Health quits promoting this company as well.
Cathe, I did not realize that you had not been with this company since last year. Considering what we have here, I am also very pleased to hear this. I understand that it is usually impossible to know everything about corporate sponsors etc. (in the non profit sector, I have accepted many large sponsorships and have helped in researching their corporate & environmental responsibility record - things can too often be missed and yes, we have missed them), although when we are made aware, we have to make difficult choices. I hope you understand my meaning. :)
I know there are many Cathletes who care deeply about the ethical treatment of animals & of factory workers.

(I understand this is not the proper forum for this, but I would like to take this opening to urge folks to support as much as possible your local(ish) egg & dairy farmers. KNOW where your food is coming from. SUPPORT rural life that is on the brink of disappearing. Hey, why not try fresh goat's milk or butter from a local farmer? ;) Egg chickens & dairy cows are the most often mistreated animals in corporate factory farms.)

Bravo, Elsie! What a succinct, straightforward post! Thank-you for your knowledgeable words!!

My daughter took an agriculture class at the tech center in high school. They had all the animals on hand. What I saw on the live web cam made me cry. Her class also traveled to Michigan State University Agricultural Division. She told me that when the chickens are killed they died instantly and did not suffer what so ever. She learned there are many changes coming on the horizons.

I made a choice to only buy 1 turkey a year for meat. I try not to use dairy and eggs. Both are really hard to avoid because they are in everything.

On a brighter note, I have been able to find cruelty free dish soap and laundry detergent and shampoo and other products at reasonable prices at my local grocery store. The prices have come down. :)

More and more makeup is being produced cruelty free also. My daughter particularly likes Urban Decay . They are committed to stop animal testing. She buys hers at Ulta.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.