Stacked UpperBody/Pyramid Pump discs kinda' quirky....

aqua girl

Cathlete
What I mean by this is these 2 will not play correctly on my usual DVD player, but all the other discs do. Like on Stacked upper body, from
Main menu, if I choose chapters and then select warmup, it will not play, from main menu, if I choose play, it starts with lateral raises.....
The premixes I have tried do seem to do ok, starting with warmup. Pump is like this too. I have another DVD player close by, and these 2
Seem to do correct in that player. That being said, as long as they work in one player or the other, I am fine....glad I got that other player
A while back! Just thought you might want to know!

Glad it worked in your other player, I wonder if this will happen to others, hope not.
I have a Sony five disk player, and my son has a PS 4 that he says will play my workouts if I need to.

Yep, my usual DVD player is the Sony 5 disc! Actually I have several of those, and
I tried it in another one downstairs, and the same things happened. The other
Newer player is Sony, but just a single disc and it's quite small, about 1/3 size
Of the 5 disc. Just those 2 won't do correctly, the others are fine.

I'm having the same problem with the Stacked UB disc, but my Pyramid disc is fine. I'm playing them on a PS3. I only have the one player, and really don't want to buy a new player to play this one disc. From what I have been able to see, it looks like a great workout!

I’m going to have to check on mine now. I’ve had this issue in the past and the dvds weren’t able to play. Thank goodness Cathe has such a great return policy.

Yep, my usual DVD player is the Sony 5 disc! Actually I have several of those, and I tried it in another one downstairs, and the same things happened. The other
Newer player is Sony, but just a single disc and it's quite small, about 1/3 size
Of the 5 disc. Just those 2 won't do correctly, the others are fine.

Hi aqua girl, it's probably just an issue with that particular player's firmware. I just now doubled checked on three different players here and everything played fine on Stacked Upper Body. Some DVD players with slight firmware issues can have strange problems with DVDs with premixes. The way you can tell if the problem is with the player's firmware or with the DVD is to do what you did and play the DVD on another player. If the DVD plays fine on the other players then the issue is most likely with the player and not the DVD.

Yep, that's what I figured....sorry to think Pyramid Pump was like that too, but I do
Have a question, if it's the player, then why does the other 7 discs play ok on it?

Hi aqua girl, unfortunately, there is no way to know since we don't have access to the code for either the player's firmware or the authoring software we use to make the videos. We've just seen through the years that DVDs with premixes have issues on about 1% or less of DVD players. Usually, these problems only affect some of the premixes and the problems are minor. In your case, it might not even be the player's firmware that's even the issue. It could also be the DVD players lens or the laser. I'll explain why below.

Stacked Upper Body probably has the most information on it of any of the LITE DVDs. Information fills up on a DVD disc from the inner ring to the outer portion of a DVD. This means the information on the outer part of a DVD is traveling at a greater speed and distance per revolution making it harder for your laser to read. A dirty lens or a slight defect in either the lens or the laser may cause an issue when trying to read the outer portion of the DVD. The outer portion of the DVD is also where most fingerprints occur too because of the way you remove a DVD from a case, so always try cleaning the DVD as it does solve a lot of issues. I don't think cleaning will solve your issue, but it's worth trying. Cleaning the lens of the laser may also solve your issue, but it may also be a waste of money as the lens might have become slightly distorted over time causing the laser to have issues reading the outer rim of the DVD. A laser's strength also diminishes over time until they eventually no longer work. Most problems with a DVD occur with the information on the outer rim. Since Stacked Upper Body has the most information on the outer rim, it may explain why this is the only disc you're having an issue with, but this is only an educated guess.

Since you can play the DVDs on your other players it tells you the DVD is authored correctly. A bad DVD will not play on any DVD player and a correctly authored DVD will play on every DVD player only as long as the DVD player's firmware is correct and the DVD player doesn't have any mechanical or other issues. Though I can't say for sure what is causing your problem, I hope this at least explains some plausible causes.

Oh my, gosh, thanks, you didn't have to go to all that trouble, but I appreciate it.
I actually tried it on yet another completely different model Sony player and it did
Fine, so I just have to remember on this one, I will need to use the 1 disc player!
They are side by side, all I have to do is to switch the tv source from
AV to HDMI..and I am good to go! Can you tell, I'm partial to Sony DVD players! :)
Yes, the Sony 5 disc player is an older one...

Thank you for the explanation. That seems to be what is going on. After posting my previous message, I went back and discovered that I am able to play some premixes, so I am very relieved (before I thought that half of the content was unplayable).

Oh my, gosh, thanks, you didn't have to go to all that trouble, but I appreciate it.
I actually tried it on yet another completely different model Sony player and it did
Fine, so I just have to remember on this one, I will need to use the 1 disc player!
They are side by side, all I have to do is to switch the tv source from
AV to HDMI..and I am good to go! Can you tell, I'm partial to Sony DVD players! :)
Yes, the Sony 5 disc player is an older one...

Hi aqua girl, we love SONY DVD players too, especially the new ones. We have 7 testing stations here, but the SONY DVD players are what we do most of our testing on.

Thank you for the explanation. That seems to be what is going on. After posting my previous message, I went back and discovered that I am able to play some premixes, so I am very relieved (before I thought that half of the content was unplayable).

Hi bootsy3, are you able to play the "Basic Premixes"?

Oh I am going to have to check this DVD out as I only have one DVD player and if it doesn't work, I will be bummed.

Hi bootsy3, are you able to play the "Basic Premixes"?

HI, I am unable to use the "play" feature on my dvd either, and i don't have another DVD player to use. Does this mean I will only be able to use the premix feature on this dvd? When i hit "play" it starts as described above, and if i tried to choose a chapter, it goes right out of the workout and advances to the next workout in my dvd player. This is not workable for me :(

That's right, the premixes play ok, but on main menu, selecting play starts at
Lat raises, and selecting chapters, stops my DVD player that it doesn't work in.
Megamm, are you using a 5 disc player as well?

That's right, the premixes play ok, but on main menu, selecting play starts at
Lat raises, and selecting chapters, stops my DVD player that it doesn't work in.
Megamm, are you using a 5 disc player as well?

Yes, I've had this player for a long time and never had an issue like this before.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.