Stacked lower Body

I did this today. I did the premix with Core and extended stretch. The leg workout is intense! I loved it! I actually paused once to catch my breath, and get a drink.
The core section was not friendly to my back, so I only did the planks. It looks like it would be great for those without disc problems.
Dare I say, I was disappointed in the extended stretch. It was not what I was hoping for. Don’t hate me. I just felt like it didn’t stretch my whole body. After such an intense leg workout, it didn’t touch my quads.

I did this today. I did the premix with Core and extended stretch. The leg workout is intense! I loved it! I actually paused once to catch my breath, and get a drink.
The core section was not friendly to my back, so I only did the planks. It looks like it would be great for those without disc problems.
Dare I say, I was disappointed in the extended stretch. It was not what I was hoping for. Don’t hate me. I just felt like it didn’t stretch my whole body. After such an intense leg workout, it didn’t touch my quads.
Agree. I've had 9 back surgeries from degenerative disc and joint disease, and many of the core workouts are not back friendly. Wish she would use the stability ball more often. And a good stretch for any body part is so important! Cathe's stretches use to be a little more thorough.

I was feeling really agitated after work today. I just wanted a workout, shower and dinner. So i did stacked lower body premix 2 and emotionally i felt so much better. i didn't want a long workout and this was perfect. i worked up a sweat, without feeling discomfort in my knees. So far so good.

I was feeling really agitated after work today. I just wanted a workout, shower and dinner. So i did stacked lower body premix 2 and emotionally i felt so much better. i didn't want a long workout and this was perfect. i worked up a sweat, without feeling discomfort in my knees. So far so good.

So great to hear that. Glad you’re feeling better and enjoy the rest of the series

I did this one this morning. It was quite nice!! I also went up in weights and felt like a CHAMP doing so. Working the lower body like this had a very nice cardio effect as well. LOVE that. My heart rate was up for most of the workout. It has a controlled pace so you can certainly use good form. Cathe accomplished a lot in the time given so you can easily end there or add a bonus or 2 to get up to an hour for a solid workout. Well done Cathe.

I did this one today with the extended stretch and I really felt great. I think this counts as a metabolic workout, because I know I was feeling similar to some of Cathe's low impact hiit workouts. E.g., the pivoting sumos are similar to those in one of her low impact hiit workouts. The metabolic impact was a bonus. I thought the first set of 6 exercises was a bit more strenuous than the second, or maybe they went faster. This is a good workout for me with my knee replacement--no impact and some great work with balance moves. The stretch felt really great after the workout too.

Wow, just did a timesaver premix from Lower body, loved it! I think this is the first time ever I have been able to do the pivoting sumo squats! Usually they just go
Faster than I can do and keep good form, but on these, not only can I do them
And keep up, I think I was executing good form as well! Makes me feel so
Accomplished!

Did this one this morning. Really liked it a lot! I like the pace, not too fast. It is a good one for increasing the weights once you get used to the moves.

Tried this this morning for the first time - I don't own a barbell so I lodged dumbbells on my shoulders or held them up under my face.
I also must admit that I don't own any dumbbells heavier than 10s at the moment - I'm just moving into more advanced workouts - but as this was my first time doing Stacked Lower I stuck to my 8s all the way through just to get the feel of it. At that weight it was fine, nicely challenging but didn't kill me and I now feel confident that I can up the weights next time.
Should I think about investing in a barbell if I'm upping my game, do you think? I do want to get a couple more dumbbell sets, maybe 12s and then 15s...

Tried this this morning for the first time - I don't own a barbell so I lodged dumbbells on my shoulders or held them up under my face.
I also must admit that I don't own any dumbbells heavier than 10s at the moment - I'm just moving into more advanced workouts - but as this was my first time doing Stacked Lower I stuck to my 8s all the way through just to get the feel of it. At that weight it was fine, nicely challenging but didn't kill me and I now feel confident that I can up the weights next time.
Should I think about investing in a barbell if I'm upping my game, do you think? I do want to get a couple more dumbbell sets, maybe 12s and then 15s...

Hi Pippi! You are fine doing the workout with all dumbbells but if you are also looking to up your game in fitness sometimes a few extra pieces of equipment provide that nice challenge to change how your muscle responds to create a nice new muscle soreness (ie: shock your system). And in some cases using a barbell over dumbbells is simply because an exercise might just feel more secure with a barbell (for that given exercise) or its more comfortable to go heavier due to how you can load the plates on it. But again this all depends on the workout, the exercise, and the overall variety you are looking for in a workout. You can still get a great workout with just dumbbells.

Just did this one for the second time. I think the reason I was really feeling it the first time around is the slower pace of some exercises. You can really get deep into the movement but it still has a metabolic quality to it. I have a tendency towards cardio. This one is a perfect length for me. Plus I noticed the music more this time and really liked it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.