Series for beginners.

I reserved my comments until I actually did one of the workouts since clips can be deceiving.

This morning was Cardio Party with the Calorie Crush from Metabolic Blast plus Abs #2. There is no way a beginner could have done workout.

I have been working out for 35 plus years of which 25 have been Cathe workouts and my heart rate was up.

Great job once again Cathe and crew!!

Thank you. I'm in the same "boat" as you (working out for 30 years, only 20 with Cathe) and thought there might be something wrong with me based on some of the critiques. I've been able to get a decent workout with this series so far! Yesterday, I did PHA2 and Abs #2 and lifted a bit heavier on some of the exercises, but wound up going lighter by the end. I am feeling it this morning.

I completely disagree with you about this being for "beginners". I remember when I was a beginner. I had to struggle to do Cathe's Basic Step and I did it on no risers. If I saw this, I wouldn't have done it because I couldn't. I couldn't have jump in any step.

I understand you are very fit. But, why can't Cathe help people that are less fit then you are??? Why not have a series for people that are beyond beginner, but not advance as you??? It isn't like Cathe is going into this market forever! Also, Cathe Live has so many advance workouts, that you can do!

Jen

I've been doing the Firm since 2003, Cathe since 2005, and Ultimate Yogi since 2012 and I am LOVING this. I'm 47 and do not feel the need to kill myself with workouts. In fact, I still can't do many of Cathe's workouts, namely high intensity cardio ones! But I own them all...bought them for myself for Christmas this past year and plan to get 'em all under my belt by the time I'm 50. The LITE series is exactly what I need to get me on my way and I couldn't be happier I decided to get in on the party!

Thank you Cathe. There are many more of us intermediates (possibly I'm a perma-mediate!) out here than super advanced level exercisers and we absolutely appreciate the care and effort you put into putting this series together.

Wow. I feel like a light weight.
I have only done Stacked UB and LB so far. Speaking from those, I would not call these beginner. I went heavier than Cathe and crew on LB yesterday, and was gasping for air. I found it moved very quickly.
Today with UB, I either did her same weight, or a little heavier. My shoulders are toast!!

I have been hoping for a beginner series to give my sister. I want so badly to get her into lifting weights. If I gave her this set, she would not be able to handle it. It’s meant for people who have some experience lifting weights.
I love it so far. We Cathletes knowhow to up the intensity if needed. Beginners would be running scared.
I really agree on the "gasping for air" aspect of this review in terms of Stacked Lower Body. I kept thinking, "I should be able to go way heavier than this" except that I didn't have the oxygen! :)

So that led me to believe it was more of a cardio/metabolic workout than a leg workout, until I got up this morning and started down the stairs. Very satisfying to feel the tightness in my legs, so thank you once again Cathe!

I really agree on the "gasping for air" aspect of this review in terms of Stacked Lower Body. I kept thinking, "I should be able to go way heavier than this" except that I didn't have the oxygen! :)

So that led me to believe it was more of a cardio/metabolic workout than a leg workout, until I got up this morning and started down the stairs. Very satisfying to feel the tightness in my legs, so thank you once again Cathe!

I went up slightly on weights for lower body but stayed the same for upper body stacked sets.. I was really feeling it the next day for both workouts. I think it’s the new moves and the pace of the workout. Love it! Thanks Cathe!!!

I just finished this one this morning and I can still feel the "fullness" in my legs. I went light too and found it to be a challenge. I think when Cathe goes slower, I can go deeper into the moves to work my legs even better. When that happens, I don't need the heavier weight. I love these workouts so far and I don't think they are beginner at all.

I did Cardio Party (without the Calorie Crush because I have two left feet and cannot do choreographed step) and found it, as expected, to be shorter & less intense than some of Cathe’s other straight-cardio workouts, but nonetheless I worked up a sweat and was breathing pretty hard by the end. The beginning is definitely “lite-er” but the intensity builds throughout. I will keep in the rotation. Plan to try PHA next. I would call this a solid intermediate workout, not beginner.

I reserved my comments until I actually did one of the workouts since clips can be deceiving.

This morning was Cardio Party with the Calorie Crush from Metabolic Blast plus Abs #2. There is no way a beginner could have done workout.

I have been working out for 35 plus years of which 25 have been Cathe workouts and my heart rate was up.

Great job once again Cathe and crew!!
Totally agree! I did Cardio Party. If you are a beginner, and only did Leslie Sansone you would have turned it off after the warm up. When Cathe is up on her toes going up and down a beginner seeing this would turn it off immediately. Beginners are not at that level when move up and down. Their hearts would race to fast. I should know. I use to be at that level.

The person who think this is for beginners really wasn't at this level. A beginner is a person that can walk 15 minutes at a time. They are really out of shape. Or they have a lot of weight on them. When they do a dvd, they are walking, they can't go be bouncing up and down or side to side. They can't swing their hands in circles and above their heads.

This is for the intermediate person. Not the ICE person. I think ICE would be more advance for the LITE person.

roxynut - I am curious why you feel it is important to get some agreement that they shouldn't be called intermediate. Why not just say you thought these were too easy for you.
I DIDN'T ask for agreement! I gave my own honest opinion. No one has to agree with me. My fitness journey of 20 plus yrs is to challenge no one but myself. Other's opions don't matter to me. That's why I'm not defensive, or easily offended.

I've been doing the Firm since 2003, Cathe since 2005, and Ultimate Yogi since 2012 and I am LOVING this. I'm 47 and do not feel the need to kill myself with workouts. In fact, I still can't do many of Cathe's workouts, namely high intensity cardio ones! But I own them all...bought them for myself for Christmas this past year and plan to get 'em all under my belt by the time I'm 50. The LITE series is exactly what I need to get me on my way and I couldn't be happier I decided to get in on the party!

Thank you Cathe. There are many more of us intermediates (possibly I'm a perma-mediate!) out here than super advanced level exercisers and we absolutely appreciate the care and effort you put into putting this series together.
I too am 47, and I've had 9 back surgeries, and am not killing myself by doing higher intensity workouts. I've been doing Cathe's workouts since 2006, and through her training (and my persistence), I've become an advanced exerciser. We set our own limits, we make our own results, and I'm not in competition with anyone else. I only come to challenge myself. Best regards to you and your journey.

I too am 47, and I've had 9 back surgeries, and am not killing myself by doing higher intensity workouts. I've been doing Cathe's workouts since 2006, and through her training (and my persistence), I've become an advanced exerciser. We set our own limits, we make our own results, and I'm not in competition with anyone else. I only come to challenge myself. Best regards to you and your journey.
I hope to get there one day. Make that...I PLAN to get there one day-the 50 year birthday plan. I see the LITE workouts as a good stepping stone as I work my way up the levels. I've recently made a new commitment because my own persistence was not where it should have been as far as becoming more advanced. So, I very much appreciate the fact that they are perfect for me right now. Best regards to you as well, your profile pic is inspiring :)

I hope to get there one day. Make that...I PLAN to get there one day-the 50 year birthday plan. I see the LITE workouts as a good stepping stone as I work my way up the levels. I've recently made a new commitment because my own persistence was not where it should have been as far as becoming more advanced. So, I very much appreciate the fact that they are perfect for me right now. Best regards to you as well, your profile pic is inspiring :)
Thank you very much. 2 great mottos is " do your best and forget the rest", but "challenge your limits, not limit your challenges". The very best to you as well!

I don’t understand why someone who is advanced would order this series she said when she announced tgem that they were for people who were new to or just wanted something more gentle for days when they were not feeling up to an intense workout.

I don’t understand why someone who is advanced would order this series she said when she announced tgem that they were for people who were new to or just wanted something more gentle for days when they were not feeling up to an intense workout.
Totally agree! I did Cardio Party. If you are a beginner, and only did Leslie Sansone you would have turned it off after the warm up. When Cathe is up on her toes going up and down a beginner seeing this would turn it off immediately. Beginners are not at that level when move up and down. Their hearts would race to fast. I should know. I use to be at that level.

The person who think this is for beginners really wasn't at this level. A beginner is a person that can walk 15 minutes at a time. They are really out of shape. Or they have a lot of weight on them. When they do a dvd, they are walking, they can't go be bouncing up and down or side to side. They can't swing their hands in circles and above their heads.

This is for the intermediate person. Not the ICE person. I think ICE would be more advance for the LITE person.
I agree - I have 2 of the ICE workouts (Boot Camp and Metabolic) but when I saw these LITES go on pre-sale thought I would order the set. I'm new to Cathe, but over the past year had begun to challenge myself and had moved to what I thought was a high intermediate-low advanced level. My thinking in ordering these was that well, Cathe is known to cater for the advanced home exerciser and I've seen clips of her workouts that look pretty tough, so maybe I should start out with a Cathe set aimed at intermediate. I'm glad I did. I love the workouts and even as I advance more I can still use them.

Like many, I'm probably more advanced cardio wise than I am strength -wise; so far I've done Cardio Party, Body Weight and Bands, Metabolic Blast and Cardio Party plus the Calorie Crushers and the two ab routines. I've found these to be do-able and Calorie Crushers a bit challenging, but not the most challenging thing I've done.

I've yet to try any of the serious strength ones. I know they will challenge and am scared :)

These are not for beginners and not for the more advanced so I would say they are exactly as they were marketed/described.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.