New Series

I don't understand why advanced exercisers are criticizing this series. Can't Cathe just make ONE series for us intermediates without the advanced crowd bashing us? Everything else she does is advanced and I used to do them. Cathe has a loyal following of age 60+ plus women who need something kinder and gentler and yes, happy, positive, smiling, and having fun! Kudos to you Cathe for making this series!

I don't understand why advanced exercisers are criticizing this series. Can't Cathe just make ONE series for us intermediates without the advanced crowd bashing us? Everything else she does is advanced and I used to do them. Cathe has a loyal following of age 60+ plus women who need something kinder and gentler and yes, happy, positive, smiling, and having fun! Kudos to you Cathe for making this series!

I agree 100%....Cathe wants to please everyone as much as she can, and she certainly has me smiling about
the new workouts... :):)

They are true intermediate level, I believe, moving towards lower advanced in the CCs and if you up the weights accordingly. I bought the downloads because I’ve progressed a lot over the past year with other home exercise instructors and wanted to level up. Knowing Cathe has a rep for catering to advanced, I thought that maybe trying her intermediate stuff first might be a wise move. I think they’ll be a good step to the next stage for me. If you’re very experienced and advanced maybe don’t buy workouts labelled intermediate or ‘LITE’.
Re the smiles, they are entirely normal as far as I can see. There is a performance element in a home workout movie, so the performers will be smiling but if you watch carefully many of them aren’t constantly smiling and sometimes you see them registering effort/pain!
Re Jai’s makeup (everyone’s makeup in fact) – have looked and looked and zoomed in and can’t see a thing wrong with it. On camera performers have to wear makeup and in a sweaty workout with lights they’re going to need opaque waterproof stuff, but the makeup looks professionally done to me and Jai’s is actually very subtle - I do see the person and not the makeup, so maybe it’s the colour settings on someone’s screen that makes it look ‘off’? I wish my makeup looked half that good!

I’ve done workouts in the past where the backgrounders are NOT smiling and it makes them look angry! Then suddenly I feel angry too! Definitely not my idea of a great workout when I’m feeling pissed off for no good reason while hoisting a 15 lb dumbbell!

Yes, I think about 7 or 8 years ago there was this fashion for stony-faced workouts in bleak industrial looking settings. Was never my bag either.

I am a high beginner and this is my first purchase of Cathe. I was intimidated by the Lite Series just watching the clips. Today I did PHA2. I really had to force myself to just take the leap and do the whole workout. I did start with lighter weights and no step because I have a few injuries that I am nursing. Wow! I feel so accomplished! I always thought I could never do Cathe's workouts, but here I am. I have a ton of workout dvds. This has to be the best set I own now. I can modify down and when the time comes, I can get up to speed with Cathe's weight selections. I thought Cathe and her crew were very classy. I wasn't smiling either...lol. If I can smile through a workout, I am not working hard enough. Thanks again for an awesome set of workouts.:cool:

I agree 100%....Cathe wants to please everyone as much as she can, and she certainly has me smiling about
the new workouts... :):)
True and I'm sure the next re
I’ve done cardio party and body weight and bands so far. I’m coming off a couple injuries and I’m having adrenal/hormone issues. Intense cardio is the last thing I need right now. Cathe has so many intense cardio workouts that I think cardio party is a nice change in pace. The name doesn’t suggest it’s going to be a super hard cardio workout. What I liked about it too is that it was easiest enough that i could push myself harder as I got into it rather than making a harder workout easier.

I wish that body weight and bands had more body weight exercises. I was looking forward to working on my strength using body weight exercises and I didn’t get that sadly. But it is handy for travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It had been so long since I had my bands out that the one I wanted to use had dried up and perished and snapped in half as soon as I stretched it! I was forced to use the only remaining one which was the heaviest/hardest one in my set. It did hurt...:)

Excellent post, Bethj. You are spot on. I, too, am of the 60+ group and very much appreciate Cathe offering this series for those who need a workout that is "kinder and gentler" on joints but still challenging and definitely in the intermediate category. My advice to those who are self-described "advanced exercisers" who are unhappy with their purchase is to consider that a series labeled "LITE" by those who produced it might not be what you are looking for. I also would point out that when I watch a fitness video I focus on movement and form--not makeup and facial expressions. So perhaps this negative reviewer should refrain from bashing and criticizing the series and hurling insults at the instructors and makeup artists in some misguided attempt to tout her own questionable expertise in those areas. It is one thing to point out that this series labeled LITE wasn't up to her "advanced" level and that she felt it was more appropriate for those she considers "beginners." It is entirely another to make unfounded criticisms that were completely unnecessary, petty, and hurtful.

I love this series. And I thank Cathe and Crew for all the hard work they put into this series for us. I have followed Cathe now for two decades and own most of her videos. I find that everything Cathe and Crew do is high quality and customer oriented. No complaints here. Keep 'em coming!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.