Metabolic Blast+6 Pack Abs 2+Extended Stretch

BlakKat

Cathlete
A+! It was hard to pick which one to do first so I had my husband pick since he was doing it also. And it's hard to remember all the moves after only doing it once, but I do remember enjoying it & loving the moves. We both started out w/same weight as Cathe since they are new moves to learn but we both went up in weight for some moves & ended up having to go back down in weight for some. My shoulders were burnt which I love! Especially towards the end, there is a side plank rear delt move that fried any last bit I had left of my shoulders-this was my favorite move! I think my shouldes were burnt because I went up in weight for all the previous moves that involved shoulders. The main workout was a lot of fun-the time flew by so fast we were shocked! I like that it all felt new & fresh. Everyone looks amazing as usual! I think this is perfect workout for intermediate as is and the more advanced Cathletes will want to go up in weight (for some or all of the exercises). I feel like I got winded on a few exercises more than others but not the constant feeling of the more intense workouts. I'm looking forward to doing it again now that I'm familiar with it.

Abs 2 were really hard-again, Love that! All new which I was hoping for & some were really tough moves. I couldn't believe how much I felt some of them. I don't remember what some were called but there was one w/butterfly arms that you come up & touch your outside edge of hands together under leg & the planks w/bent leg circles, I remember really feeling them in my obliques. The Extended Stretch was nice to have. My favorite part were the glute stretches-they got in there really good. My glutes are always tight so this was awesome!

I didn't do the Calorie Crush but I did preview it & now I wish I added that on. It looks like so much fun & is exactly what the advanced Cathletes will probably like adding on to any workout. The moves looked new and/or different variation of familiar & looked like they will definitely boost the intensity. I'm looking forward to what everyone else thinks & more reviews! Thank you Cathe-so far I'm loving it!!! My husband & I both mentioned how incredible you always look and in this series you look even more lean muscular fit build. You are always my inspiration!!!

I just added it in my workout mgr & looked at the exercises to refresh my memory. I wanted to add in that I also enjoyed how Cathe did the 1 arm snatches and the little squat jumps in the main workout. In the abs, now I'm wondering how on earth I forgot the incredibly tough staggered arm planks-I had to take a few breaks! Love that there is something for me to work towards : )

BlakKat,

I always look forward to your reviews. You are usually the first to post them and your details are always helpful and motivating. I was most looking forward to PHA but now I'm thinking of doing this one first. I'm glad you told us bit about the bonus stretch. My "hammies" get tight at times as well, so it's good to know I can use this stretch to help with that.

You say the workout is A+. Your review(s) is as well. Thank you!

BlakKat,

I always look forward to your reviews. You are usually the first to post them and your details are always helpful and motivating. I was most looking forward to PHA but now I'm thinking of doing this one first. I'm glad you told us bit about the bonus stretch. My "hammies" get tight at times as well, so it's good to know I can use this stretch to help with that.

You say the workout is A+. Your review(s) is as well. Thank you!

Thank you Teals!:) I live in NJ & I waited to do my workout this morning until the mailman came. I'm always a little nervous doing the reviews because I know everyone likes different things about workouts so I hope my opinion helps someone :). PHA was the other one I am excited to do - that's why I couldn't decide. They all look so good, I'll probably let my husband pick tomorrow too. Enjoy & let me know what you think!!!

My weekend workout ladies and I did Metabolic Blast on Saturday. We always gravitate to one of Cathe’s Metabolic workouts because it meets each of our needs. (Some don’t step, another bad knees, another a long distance runner who prefers to avoid leg work).
We loved MB. My girlfriends went along with Cathe’s weights while I played around with some 8s instead of 5s. I found that some sets you just have to go with Cathe’s weights while a couple of others are more challenging with 8s. But I never reached for anything higher.
It is a great workout (6pk #2). I agree with the shoulder work, it’s wonderful and to have some lower body work going on simultaneously upped the energy demand. Mostly- it was fun, we had a blast!

The Calorie crush is 10 different "drills". It had jacks, 1 legged burpees, squat hop forward/back/forward then run back. etc. There is some jumping like the 1 legged tuck jumps which are kind of like a jumping knee smash. It was nice. I agree about the weights. If you go heavier it does make it harder (obviously) but it was a treat to stay w/ Cathe's weights.

Metabolic Blast is a home run!!! Love this workout. This was my first time doing it so I just wanted to see how the main workout feels. That's what I'm doing with this series, the main workouts first then I will add on. Anyway, loved the flow and the transitions were seamless. It was gentle on my body, while frying muscles and increasing my heart rate. Love ❤️ this workout. Cathe if you read this post. You hit a homerun. Thank you.

I just did the MishMosh #2 where the abs are put in there after the standing and after the floor section. I really liked this. I would say that this is more a shoulder and leg workout mixed with a little bit of everything else. My shoulders are really feeling it. I don't think I'm going to go too much heavier only because of the pace of the workout, it moves pretty fast. Thanks for another fun workout Cathe!!!

Still working my way through the Lite Series. Today was Metabolic Blast and I added on the Timesaver Premix of one set of everything from Pyramid Pump. I loved Metabolic Blast. New moves are awesome and time flew. I went up on most weights and it was a great workout. For Pyramid Pump, I’ll probably use only the premixes. I’m not big on lots of repetition with weights. I know it defeats the purpose of this type of workout, but I get bored. For this Premix, I used the heaviest weight for each exercise x 12 reps. In the future, I would probably repeat this segment or use one of the premixes that only does each exercise x 3.

I did MB this morning and right from the warm-up I was sweating. All the compound moves got my heart rate up. The workout just moved along quickly and the moves were new and effective. I stayed with Cathe's weights. I have never lifted heavier than Cathe. My arms are talking to me, especially my shoulders. I added on the calorie crush and thought it was easier than the other calorie crushes until I got to the last move which was a one legged burpee. Needless to say I didn't do very well on that move. The abs were great, the planks tough. Was this really an intermediate workout?!!

Metabolic Blast is a home run!!! Love this workout. This was my first time doing it so I just wanted to see how the main workout feels. That's what I'm doing with this series, the main workouts first then I will add on. Anyway, loved the flow and the transitions were seamless. It was gentle on my body, while frying muscles and increasing my heart rate. Love ❤️ this workout. Cathe if you read this post. You hit a homerun. Thank you.

Thanks for your sharing your enthusiasm for this workout. I, like you, prefer to do the workouts as they are first and then adjust them (or leave them as they are) as needed. That way I can gauge what I want more/less of.

I just did the MishMosh #2 where the abs are put in there after the standing and after the floor section. I really liked this. I would say that this is more a shoulder and leg workout mixed with a little bit of everything else. My shoulders are really feeling it. I don't think I'm going to go too much heavier only because of the pace of the workout, it moves pretty fast. Thanks for another fun workout Cathe!!!

That's great firemedic!

Still working my way through the Lite Series. Today was Metabolic Blast and I added on the Timesaver Premix of one set of everything from Pyramid Pump. I loved Metabolic Blast. New moves are awesome and time flew. I went up on most weights and it was a great workout. For Pyramid Pump, I’ll probably use only the premixes. I’m not big on lots of repetition with weights. I know it defeats the purpose of this type of workout, but I get bored. For this Premix, I used the heaviest weight for each exercise x 12 reps. In the future, I would probably repeat this segment or use one of the premixes that only does each exercise x 3.

I hear you ChelePA! We had such a demand for Pyramid workouts so I of course wanted to have one in this series. I however like your idea of 3x for each exercise. It's nice to know no matter how you slice it, whether you decide to do a full pyramid, or choose to pyramid up, or choose to pyramid down, those choices available to you.

I did MB this morning and right from the warm-up I was sweating. All the compound moves got my heart rate up. The workout just moved along quickly and the moves were new and effective. I stayed with Cathe's weights. I have never lifted heavier than Cathe. My arms are talking to me, especially my shoulders. I added on the calorie crush and thought it was easier than the other calorie crushes until I got to the last move which was a one legged burpee. Needless to say I didn't do very well on that move. The abs were great, the planks tough. Was this really an intermediate workout?!!

So glad you enjoyed it Bouchh!

Loved this one when I did it with the CC the other day. I actually had to stop part way through those rear delts on the floor because I just couldn't do any more!! I wasn't expecting that. Apart from that, the weight selection is great and I may go up in a few places next time (or the time after that!).

Did this one again today. Still loving it! I can increase my weights for most of the exercises except a few. I agree those rear delts are a killer. Plus the calorie crush is no joke. Packs quite a punch in a short period of time!!!

I am so intrigued and excited about these new w/o that I had a first today. My rotation w/o was S&S Cardio Slam, did that in the AM. Then spent time with “shovel max”, over 6” of snow. I was supposed to work at 3pm but had to cancel due to weather, so this afternoon I did Lite Metobolic blast for the first time. I have never done 2 w/o in 1 day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.