LOVE Total Body Giant Sets

BlakKat

Cathlete
Hubby and I did this morning-absolutely LOVED every second of it! Even though it is weights, the pace keeps the heart rate up. There were a lot of moments showing teeth & grunting out the last rep or two. My favorite one was the 1-arm lateral raise sequence on the ball. I also really enjoyed all of the leg exercises with the disc. Husband is just coming off a back injury & this was his first workout in awhile to get back into it so he just went a little lighter w/weight or a few less reps but he felt great & is so excited to be back at it again. I also did the abs for the 2nd time & I have not changed my opinion - they are super tough, I believe toughest abs yet out of all the series. This new series has recharged me and put new life into my drive. I am feeling great & have a spring in my step. Thank you so much Cathe for continuing to push and motivate us to keep going and be the best we can be!

I did this one today too, and completely agree with your review! I loved this workout, and really appreciated that my legs had time to recover between sets. I also agree on the ab review: I do think it is the hardest, but I feel happy about that, because it gives me something to build toward!

I just did this for the first time this am as well-I thought it was very do-able & even went a few pounds heavier than Cathe....as the day wore on my legs got more sore by the hour! In a good way tho...I underestimated the toughness of this one! Love the way she alternates upper w/lower body, keeps the flow going without the dread factor. Great music as well very upbeat & we'll choreographed!! A winner for sure[emoji1303] Tomorrow it's on to boot camp!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what I was thinking but decided to do the extreme premix with 3 sets of legs and couldn't walk for 2 days lol! I did go heavier in most exercises. It was a little repetitive as there are a few exercises in the last round that are the same as the first round but overall great workout. Think i'll stick to 2 sets next time. Still have the upper body to try with this one.
Jamie

Hubby and I did this morning-absolutely LOVED every second of it! Even though it is weights, the pace keeps the heart rate up. There were a lot of moments showing teeth & grunting out the last rep or two. My favorite one was the 1-arm lateral raise sequence on the ball. I also really enjoyed all of the leg exercises with the disc. Husband is just coming off a back injury & this was his first workout in awhile to get back into it so he just went a little lighter w/weight or a few less reps but he felt great & is so excited to be back at it again. I also did the abs for the 2nd time & I have not changed my opinion - they are super tough, I believe toughest abs yet out of all the series. This new series has recharged me and put new life into my drive. I am feeling great & have a spring in my step. Thank you so much Cathe for continuing to push and motivate us to keep going and be the best we can be!
I thought this one was fantastic too. I have only finished 3 thus far (Boot Camp, Ramped Up Upper Body & Giant Sets) and this one is my favorite of the three.

Thank you for your review (although I'm now a bit nervous about the bonus abs LOL)! I'm looking forward to trying this after the holidays but it does seem a bit daunting.... :)
I've done the bonus abs 2x now - the second time was much more enjoyable. I think the first time I hadn't fully figured out how to execute all of the moves properly. This ab routine will definitely improve with practice, so many new and unique moves.

I like the split premixes. I've done both the double upper and the double lower. LOVED THEM BOTH!!! I found that by round 2, I was lowering my weight slightly. I had some serious DOMS after doing both (but not on the same day).

First time doing the premix with the abs mixed in. Loved it! Really like this as a total body workout. And only an hour including abs. I’m trying to do more weights and this was perfect for me. I like that there’s no repetition except a few of the leg exercises which were good ones to repeat in a later circuit. Plus the mix of upper body then lower body was enough break in between for me to lift heavier than i normally do with Cathe. I mostly matched her weights.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.