Lifting like girls

Tom, lol on our love for leg day DOMS being a sickness!!! It is!!! Karen, yep, it was not fun going to the bathroom. Finally feeling normal again! Like you, Karen, did some legs yesterday, probably not the smartest but oh well! I need to get a Troy Lite barbell system so I can do the barbell Lives. My OCD requires me to match Cathe perfectly. Can't do that without the Troy Lite!!!

Tom, since your appts are done and the results say you are STILL ALIVE, lol, I am going to assume your drive was safe and uneventful. Good medical care is so hard to find, I think it's great you get the chance to get your care there. I've heard so many good things about the Mayo Clinics system.

As I said, yesterday was more legs. Today was Xtrain Biceps and Triceps , plus some cardio boxing.

Have a great Friday! Countdown to Christmas is on!

Today was chest and....wait for it...LEGS!! 7 sets of bench up to 205x3 195x5 185x5 and 165x8. Wasn't a great bench day but I've had worse! 1 set of 12 on inclined flys to finish off pecs. Legs were 2x15 gob squats and 2x8 rev lunges, finishing with 2x20 BB calf raises and single leg calf raises x25 right x30 left. Tomorrow will do some abs and whatever else!! I will watch a little b ball today ( KU vs Nova) and other tv endeavors! Enjoy your Sat friends!!

Cardio core day, 6 Miles' on the airdyne....I know, unbelievable! Next were 12 sets of abs, cable crunches x20 20 15 (added 10# for these) inclined leg lifts x15 15 12, mtn climbers x70 70 60, and 3x30 sec side planks. I was feeling "froggy" so to balance things out a little I did 3x10 straight leg deadlift with an 85# ez curl bar Lol!! I'm going to try to get more bike time in on a regular basis and hit legs more often as well! My cardio sucks and I'm getting pudgy and while I'm pretty sure I won't be on the cover of "Geezer Fitness", still want to lean up a bit! Geezer gone, have a terrific Sunday warriors!!

Didn’t workout yesterday. Spent the day with my sisters, lunching exchanging gifts, reminiscing, and just laughing our butts off. So, I probably won’t do anything in the form of exercise until tomorrow. Friday I did yoga with Seane Corn. It was only a half hour, but I really like her. She gets a little bit into the mystic woo woo, so I skip all that, but, I do like her yoga.
See you all tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom, Geezer Fitness? You need to start up that magazine. I would definitely subscribe! Hope KU won.

Karen, that family time sounds great! I'm much closer to my sisters in law than my own sister, but they all live hundreds of miles away! Good work tackling that yoga.

Ended my week with Toasted Upper Body Tri Sets Live from May 2018. I hadn't done that before. It was very thorough and tough! A definite repeater. Enjoy your Sunday!

Switched up a bit and did chest and back today. Starting with chinnups x12 8 8, bench at 115x8 165x5 195x3 205x3 195x5x4x3 and 165x9 lat pulldowns x12 12 10, Db inclined bench 55s x20 and db rows 85s x10 and that was it! Off to a meeting then work this afternoon. Tomorrow again meeting in the morning then prison in the afternoon....have a great day friends!!

Just finished “Butts & Guts.” Another good one that I haven’t done in a long time.
Oh Lisa, we had such a good time laughing. All the things we did when we were young and crazy. Today is my Dear dad’s 108th birthday. No, he passed years ago. It’s very cold and dreary today. Perfect day for hot coffee, or chocolate and a good book. That’s about it, not much going on. Keep working it. Four days until the Winter Solstice, and the shortest day of the year. Then they begin to get longer. Spring is on the way! Can I get an amen?

Did arms today but warmed up with 1 Mike on the bike. Supersets, skullcrushers x15 12 10 / ez bar curls x12 12 10. Pushdowns x8 8 8/ decline db curls x12 12 12 tricep pushups x20 18 15/ hammer curls x12 12 12 and finished with kickbacks x20/ conc curls x8...20 sets in all. Off to another meeting then work....do it right ladies!!

Today was Circuit Sweat Live from April 2016. Good one!

Tom, so many meetings. Ugh. Karen, it's a dark rainy day here again, just like yesterday. Same for you? Also, as much as I love the solstice for daylight reasons, I have to actively gloss over the fact that it's also the START of the official winter season. But let's focus on the positive, shall we?

Today was 135 day, 50 reps of bench, bench squat and calf raises...sort of leg day. I wanted the first set to be bear max reps so bench was x 23 13 10 4, bench squat was x15 12 10 8 5, and BB calf raises were 1x50. This was fun, hoped for more reps on bench set 1 but Mon was bench day and yesterday tris with pushups so I'll take it . I had no idea how bench squats would go but 15 set 1 was all I wanted! All for me friends, make today y'all's!!

Tom, I think that rises above a kinda leg day to a legit leg day level.

Karen, we kinda did the same workout. I did Xtrain Chest, Back, Shoulders today, did Burn Sets last week. I was feeling super strong today, go figure. Not complaining about it!

Everyone ready for Christmas? I'm dreading the food shopping that I have left to do. It's still too early to buy some of what I need (fresh stuff, like produce) and the stores just become madhouses!

I know what you mean, Lisa. I went to Costco on Monday. What a madhouse. Reminded me of the flagship store in Kirkland, Washington. You couldn’t find a place to park there. It’s just gonna get worse. Ouch!!

Yes. Costco shoppers are amongst the worst offenders! Plus I get irritated walking through the parking lot because it's a reminder of the savage growth this area has experienced...so many Oregon, California, Texas, Washington, Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, even Utah license plates. Seriously if I didn't know my home address I would be very confused about what State I am in!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.