Lifting like girls

I worked legs today...,AND PUNTED LOL! To much wall work and too little sleep. The grandkids are back, but hopefully I can slip past everyone the next few days and lift. I work 4 out of 5 days this week and not used to that, but will try to be good! Good job of nullifying my lack of leg work Lisa, making the universe balanced again. All I got..,slacker out!!

Today was the first day of Month four:
1A Paused Front Squats 5 sets 6 reps
1B Wall Facing Hip Circles 5 sets 10 reps
2A Shin Box 3 sets 10 reps each side
2B Double Elevated Split Squat 3 sets 8 reps
3A Smith Row Iso Hold 3 sets 7 reps
3B Speed DL 3 sets 6 reps
4A Bench Press 3 sets 15 reps
4B Pull-ups 3 sets max reps
Monday is a little easier day. Slowly work into the hard stuff. It all seems hard, it's so damn HOT!
Tom, for a retired guy, you work too much!
Lisa, I think I will do a Julia workout tomorrow. I really like her.
Lib, hope you're well!
That's about it. See you all tomorrow!

Last edited:
Shoulder this AM, sort of short for me. 12 sets but still feel it! 3x8 seated BB press at 115 3x8 side lat/ front raise (25s) 3x10 rear delt flys ( 45s) and finished with seated db press 55s x11 45s x12 x10, and that was that! Compared to Karen's 29 sets, pretty paltry! Go fer it friends!!

Back and bi's and pretty abbreviated. 6 sets of each, 2 sets of chins, pullovers, and 1 arm cable pulls and 2 sets of ez bar curls, db curls and conc curls. All I could muster today and I'm good with it! Joints are letting me know its getting time for a break. We are taking a " van vacay" the end of the month with my brother and his wife. It will be interesting because he loves golf and it's hard for him to miss a day and I may not have many ops to lift.....deprivation may manifest itself in many ways!!
Karen, you're right I am working a lot for a retired guy..,4 days this week.,UGH!
All for me friends, do your day right.

Tom, take care of those joints! Karen's right--too much work to qualify as "retirement! " I went to see one of "your kind" yesterday for my 6 month cleaning. Pleased to report that my teeth are looking healthy. Maybe a forum check-in with a dentist is giving me good teeth by osmosis?

Karen, totally agree that the heat makes everything harder. I crank up the a/c for the workout time but it never really cools in the hour window.

Yesterday was a KCM upper body. Today was Fit Split Metabolic. I'm kinda dragging this week after the holiday fun from last week. Not like I did any crazy partying. Weird

1A Straight Arm Pushbacks 5 sets 6 reps
1B Heavy Deadlifts 5 sets 3 reps
2A Bottom Half Back Squats 3 sets 6 reps
2B 1 Foot Rotational Reach 3 sets 8 reps
3A Lateral Slide Push-up 3 sets 6 reps
3B Glute Hip Press 3 sets 20 reps
4A Batwing Rows 3 sets 5 reps
4B 1/2 Kneeling Landmine Press 3 sets 12 reps

Day 2 workout in the can! This one was difficult. Maybe it was the heat. It was a struggle.
I've been doing some Yin Yoga. Going for more mobility in these old joints, and muscles. I really like it. I've tried to get into yoga for years. It usually moves too fast for me, or I'm bored out of my mind. This is just kinda stretching and holding it for sometimes 4 minutes. The longest I've gone is 3 minutes. But it is interesting, and I'm trying to do a little every day.
Lisa, thanks for the Dentist reminder. I have an appt. the end of this month.
Take care!

Chest and .......gasp, some legs! 12 sets of bench 115x8 warm up then 135x5 155x5. 175x3. 195x3 and singles at 205 215 205 then 195x3 175x8 155x10 and 135x15, and that last 3 sets were the most work! For legs, pretty short but bench squats, 135x8 165x8 and 205x6, gob squats 50 kb 3x12, then 3x25 standing BB calf raises, short and sweet! Only day off this week, so gonna do something with the grandkids, but 95 outside may dictate swimming, not fishing! All for me friends, have a great day!

DH had to come to the mainland for a few days. He’s in your neck of the woods, Tom. (St Louis) will come home for the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to hear Karen! We are going to St. Louis Friday when I get off work Friday so DW can get some Hallmark stuff??? Any excuse to see son 1 and wife and dogs I guess! Glad for you he gets to come home for the weekend and hope it is going well for him over there!

Arm day and I decided to do a 4 set circuit dropping weight on everything but cutting down rest time. , I started with skullcrushers x 10/ db curls x10/ pushdowns x10/ ez bar curls x10 and did this circuit 5x.20 sets took less than 30 min and even though I dropped weight I was still burned! I used 40s on the skcs and db curls and 80 on the ez bar but doing 100 reps on bis and 100 on tris ended up working and less joint issues....may revisit. Have a great Fri friends, hope all are well!

Karen, so thrilled that you get to spend time with your DH! Tom, I don't envy your trip to the Hallmark Store but I applaud you for following the golden rule of marriage...let your DW have her wishes!

Yesterday was legs. Today was an old Tracie Staehle step DVD. This is the week of something is better than nothing.

Keep up those workouts. Love reading the details since yours have been more exciting than mine lately, lol! Have a weekend to remember!

Today:
1A Medicine Ball Shoulder Drop Push-up 4 sets 5 reps each side
1B Stability Ball Hamstring Curls 4 sets 20 reps
2A DB Oscillation Press 4 sets 30 reps each side
2B Kneeling KB Halo 4 sets 10 reps each side
3A Heavy Bench Press 4 sets 3 reps
3B Plank One Arm Elastic Rows 4 sets 15 reps each side
4A KB Swing 1 set 100 reps
This one wasn't so bad. I think the first and third workout of the week are a little easier than two and four.
I planted one zucchini plant. It has taken over the garden. The leaves are as big as the leaves on an elephant leaf plant. I'm beginning to give zucchini to my neighbors, they see me coming with an arm full of zucchini, and they run and hide. A person can only take so much zucchini. Keep up the good work, that's about it for me. Later!

I planted one zucchini plant. It has taken over the garden. The leaves are as big as the leaves on an elephant leaf plant. I'm beginning to give zucchini to my neighbors, they see me coming with an arm full of zucchini, and they run and hide. A person can only take so much zucchini. Keep up the good work, that's about it for me.

We tried gardening a few years back. Started with zucchini because that's the plant for gardening dummies. We got nothing! How pathetic is that?!?! Thus I adore my neighbors with zucchini surpluses. I love zucchini!!! You'd be my favorite person right now. Even more than you usually are!

Great workout, BTW.

Tom, hope you're having a true Hallmark moment. Lol

Today was LIS Upper Body trisets.

Chest and tri day, 15 sets of bench and 8 sets of tris. Warm up sets of 5 at 115 135 155 and 175, then 4 triples and a double at 195 and 175 x8 155x10 and burn out sets at 135x11 9 8 8. Tris were 3x8 skullcrushers 3x8 pushdowns and 2x15 burn out sets of kickbacks. Had to lighten tris a little due to the 15 sets of bench that preceded. Karen, Lisa, sounds like you are both " killin it". Lib, hope you are well! All for me, off to set up a new tv, old one only color part of the time....not good! Have a great Monday friends!

Tom. Great, crazy high volume workout! Yay, a new TV. Never fun to spend the money but you need a fully functioning TV to watch your college football games!!! Are you going to get a Smart TV? Those things do everything but cook dinner, it seems

Hi to Karen and Lib!

Today was Monday fun day leg day. Supersets 2 Legs from Fit Body by Julia. I have to modify a lot of her stuff, like using a lower step height because she moves so fast! Even making it "easier," it is still a stunning, knockout workout!

Got my first back to school update from my DD1's school. Sheesh, already? So much work to prepare. First grade coming our way!

Good morning lifter girls! Karen, hanging out sounds like fun, nothing bad bout some R&R. Lisa, the tv is definitely smart...at least smarter than me! Today was a ho humm back and bi day. 3 giant sets of chins/ pullovers/ 1 arm cable pulls and bis were 3x12 ez bar curls and 3x8 db curls. Got a little left elbow tendonitis going on and right shoulder something so didn't push it. I lightened up the curls and dropped to sets of 6 on the last set of chins and cable pulls. I survived and 1 Good thing about getting ancient....DONT TAKE MUCH to get a workout!! Own the day my friends!

Bootcamp: Blast and Burn Live from last Thursday for me today. It was very questionable if I was going to finish or not, since my legs are SO SORE from yesterday and the first part of today's Live involved some lower body work. I persevered and am living to tell the tail...er, tale! :)

Tom, I hear Smart TV's just point out the user's lack of technological intellect. I'm dreading getting one, but they are the wave of the future. Take care of that elbow and shoulder. You are always smart in the way you still get a workout in but keep the "ouchies" to a minimum.

Karen, hooray for your low key couples weekend. I admire you for your high spirits while your DH is doing his work.

Another wacky week over here... Is it naptime for ME yet?

Today I conquered " me dragons"....well, did leg day anyway. 5 sets of 5 on bench squats up to 195, 3x12 gobs 3x8 rev lunges and 1x8 1 leg dead lifts and these were much tougher than I thought! I followed rev lunges and used 80# on the ez curl bar and wow! For calves, BB calf raises (195) x25 x25 x20 and for singles I did ( left leg x 25 20 15 and for the right leg x15 10 5). My left calf is a full inch smaller than my right, so trying to equalize! It's a little perplexing because in basketball and track I prefered to jump off my left leg but now it is my weaker one?
Off to work, y'all keep crushin it!!

My left calf is a full inch smaller than my right, so trying to equalize! It's a little perplexing because in basketball and track I prefered to jump off my left leg but now it is my weaker one?

FWIW, my right biceps are definitely stronger than left biceps, without a doubt, but my right biceps muscles are measurably and visually smaller for whatever reason. It's weird but maybe that's the deal with your calves? Smaller = stronger?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.