DVD home screen loading options?

So far, I have done 4 of the workouts (Cardio Party, Stacked Upper Body, Stacked Lower Body, Rev'd Up Rumble) and they have been wonderful, and I am so grateful to Cathe and crew once again.

Also, I am happy to see the introduction back, because it is fun to have Cathe talking to us again. :)

I just wanted to provide the feedback that having clips of the workout on the home screen serves two purposes:
1. It helps on a logistical level (oh, yeah...I need my band, discs, and firewalker loop).
2. It helps with the psychological motivation to get ready to work hard while I am getting the equipment out.

Having the disc load and just land on a menu isn't quite the same as having the music and excerpts running in the background.

As I get to know the workouts better, this will obviously not be an issue whatsoever, but it will save me the step of previewing the chapter menu to remind myself what is required for each specific workout.

Just feedback for future consideration here...I LOVE the workouts and so glad I purchased them! Not complaining in any way!!!!

Thanks so much,
Carrie

Hi carrie, as you mentioned there are several advantages to having a "video loop" on the main menu, but for the LITE series there would have been some problems because of space limitations on a DVD. A DVD can only handle about 95 minutes of video, but we don't like to go above 85 minutes. Video loops on the main menu take away from the total "bytes" available. With the LITE series, we have two DVDs that are pretty much maxed out and several other of the DVDs are close to being maxed out. Having an additional video loop would have only made things worse and possibly caused us to have had to eliminate some of the bonus footage. I also find that I often load a DVD before I actually play it and I really prefer silence and not having to hit the mute button all of the time. But I think either way has its pros and cons, but in this case I think video loops might have taken away from what little extra room we had on several of the DVDs.

I was happy to see that this series had silent intros this time around. For some reason the last few series (S&S and ICE come to mind first), the little logo intro videos have been so LOUD. Louder than the rest of the DVDs. So it's nice to have the quiet when putting the disc in this time around.

Hi carrie, as you mentioned there are several advantages to having a "video loop" on the main menu, but for the LITE series there would have been some problems because of space limitations on a DVD. A DVD can only handle about 95 minutes of video, but we don't like to go above 85 minutes. Video loops on the main menu take away from the total "bytes" available. With the LITE series, we have two DVDs that are pretty much maxed out and several other of the DVDs are close to being maxed out. Having an additional video loop would have only made things worse and possibly caused us to have had to eliminate some of the bonus footage. I also find that I often load a DVD before I actually play it and I really prefer silence and not having to hit the mute button all of the time. But I think either way has its pros and cons, but in this case I think video loops might have taken away from what little extra room we had on several of the DVDs.

That makes perfect sense, and I really concur with your choice. Also, I just noticed this morning that the case lists all the equipment needed, so I was already regretting that I posted this observation.

I really, really love the workouts and find the music very happy and uplifting.

Thanks again so much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.