Lifting like girls

Yesterday was: TOTAL BODY TAMER- 32 minutes of metabolic pull-ups, push-ups, deadlifts, thrusters, burpees, KB or DB swings,etc, etc. This was definitely the whole nine yards. Another metabolic good one!
Tom, I say go for it. Nothing like a deadlift to bicep curl to thruster, to get the heart pumping. Throw a few burpees in the mix, and it's a butt kicker.
Well, it is Sunday, so make it great! Monday is on the way!

Hello runningislife! Hope you can join us!
Today was chest and my new metabolic finishers, 9 sets of flat bench, 2 sets of flys, 3 sets of inclined bench and 2 sets of incline flys and for the finishers I used {ez curl bar} (90) hang clean and press x 5/ kb (50) swings x 10 and bwt squats x 15. I only managed 5 rounds and it took me 12 minutes and I was huffing and puffing!! I bow to Karen on all things metabolic (probably other things as well)!! Make Monday yours my friends.

Well, it's here. Monday. At least our government officials are doing great work in D.C....oh, wait...NOT

Okay, no more politics. Not fitting for leg day, which was a Fitness Blender workout. Saturday was Cathe Triple Threat Live: 15 mins of HiiT, 15 mins of legs, 15 mins of UB. This one's gonna be a go-to!

Keep chugging away, Karen and Tom. Should we rename our forum to Metabolic Maniacs? That seems to be our new obsession, lol

Today was Kettlebell Warrior with Sarah Lurie. Everything was one minute. Hand to hand swings, lunges with an overhead press, 30 seconds each arm, Side to side lunges, high pulls, 30 seconds each arm, and alternating snatches. Ab work was hot potato with a Russian twist. Four rounds of everything.
Sarah Lurie was my first KB instructor (so to speak) She still kicks butt.

Back day here, 12 sets..4 sets of chins, pullovers and 1 arm cable pulls, my finishers were 5 rounds of 225 deads x 5/ pushups x 10/ knee to chest planks x 60. The five rounds took me 15 minutes. This was a great meta finish, but I think I will raise the pushups, that was the easiest part by far. On both these last 2 days my HR runs about 140 - 150 and that seems like plenty..not sure what I should be at, I know there is some formula with age factored in, but don't remember it. You ladies are "killin it",....... keeps me inspired!
I miss our old friends as well....Justine, Roz, Lib. if you're out there...hope you are well!!
That's all I have friends, a meeting today instead of work, work tomorrow, then next week I will fill in for my coworker and work all week....yikes, may do me in!! And remember..... " I may not always post, but when I do, I post in Lifting like Girls...stay sweaty my friends"!!! (my attempt a humor). Have a "goodun" lifters ladies!

Yes, add me to the crew of missing our old partners in crime. I wish them all well

I seriously love the variety happening with the workouts here. Never a boring read. Keep up the awesome efforts

Today was UB. I did Cathe Live Low impact + UB weights. She kills the biceps in that one. Only about one week left in January. Can't believe how fast it's gone. Karen, are you still eating vegan? I didn't have any resolutions, just doing the best I can with life and working out

I made it to leg day! Today's legs were 3x10 light bench squat, 3x20 kb gob squats, 3x15 sumo squats, 3 x 30 BB calf raises, 3x20 single calf raises. For finishers I did 5 rounds of pullups x 5/ pushups x 15/ kb swings x 10. (I said I wouldn't use finishers that were the same body part worked, but they elevate the HR so well and since I am not able to go very heavy on the squats I broke my rule). Always feels good to have leg day out of the way! My finishers took about 12 minutes, I HAVE to breathe, but my HR seems to run about 110 for low and 150 on the high end during the meta stuff CALL IT CARDIO!! Have a great day friends.

Hey guys!! Today was another Iron Core Warrior workout Volume 2. Two KB with this workout. It consisted of:
Windmills
Renegade Rows. I hate balancing on a KB
Clean/Push Press
Clean/Squat
Suitcase Deadlift
Double Snatches
Abs were:
Russian Twist 30 seconds
Plank 30 seconds
Four rounds of everything, one minute work,no rest until the end of the round. Then 1 minute rest.
Great workout.
That's about it! Talk tomorrow!
Glad you got your leg workout in, Tom. I know how you hate legs!
Lisa, I fell off the vegan wagon for the holidays. Didn't have a lot of meat, but I did indulge about once a week. I have climbed on that wagon again. DH just can't go without meat, not everyday, but he says he "needs it!" So it is in the house. Don't tell him I wrote this, but, it's much easier to go vegan when he is out of town. But, then he is gone, and that's a bummer too. What's a woman to do?
Later guys!

Shoulders here today, 10 sets of presses (7 seated militaries, 3 seated db presses), 3 sets of rear delt flys (upped the weight 10# on these...felt it, but felt good), 3 sets of 1 arm side laterals (upped the weight 5#) then dropped 10# and did a set of 2 arm side laterals to finish these, and 3 sets of BB front raises, finishing with 2 long sets of DB shrugs. Today, for finishers, I just did knee to chest planks x 60/ kb swings x 15 and did 7 rounds of these...about 15 minutes. Karen, your w/o really sounds like a "heart racer"..tough! Lisa, whats new with you?? Good to be off today, supposed to be near 60, and I'll take it! Do the day your way friends!

Hi friends, got a sick little baby on my hands. Poor little Mr Man is always so happy so yesterday I knew things were bad because he was SO fussy. Trip to the doc, lots of snuggles. The flu and pneumonia are going around the schools here but so far just appears to be a cold. This is the reason for me being MIA and I probably won't be back for another couple days...

Still working out for my sanity. Yesterday was All About Legs Live and today was a Fitness Blender upper body workout.

Tom, yay! You did legs! Sounds like cardio to me, too! Enjoy your day off and that awesome weather

Karen, I love core workouts like that! Scares me to pieces to think of balancing on a KB for rows. Vegan eating takes such dedication, not for everyone! I think there's no problem with eating that way most of the time but including other foods on ocassion. I'm impressed with your dedication!

Have a great day.

Today was "Metabolic Mania." From RIPT90. Three groups of three exercises, done three times. So nine rounds. I'm having a senior moment, so I will try to remember the exercises. I know it included Mountain Climbers, Burpees, Kettlebell Swings, Jumping Lunges, Side Lunge with a front press, in plank position kick your foot to the opposite elbow (you probably figured out that I don't know what they're called) and three others that, evidently, were unremarkable. I finished off with his 15 minute stretch, and called it a day.
Lisa, I hope "little man" is feeling better. Sick children are noooo fun!
Tom, nice work. Your rep and set count is amazing. Makes me tired reading it.
See you both tomorrow!

Today was arm day, 30 freakin sets! For tris I did pyramid sets starting light, ending light with the heaviest set in the middle. For instance, DB skullcrushers were 40s x 10 45s x 10 50s x 10 45 x 10 40s x 10 etc. I did the same for 5 sets of pushdowns and 5 sets of kickbacks.
For bi's, I did 6 descending sets of ez bar curls, 2 sets at 95, 2 sets at 85 and 2 sets at 75 4 sets of db curls, staying at the same weight for all 4 sets, 2 sets of conc curls, 2 sets of decline curls and a finishing set of BB 21's. Today my metabolic finishers (MF's as I call them... and truly mean it!) were cable crunches x 20/ bwt squats x 20. I was going to do pushups but thought my tris were probably too fried, I only did 5 sets of finishers...about 9 1/2 minutes.
Lisa, sick kids are NO fun...hope he feels better. I am amazed that you are organized enough to get all of those workouts in with the drain on your time that motherhood calls for....I truly admire the effort that takes, it would be soooo easy to "tank it"...(like me on numerous leg days...WITHOUT AN EXCUSE!!) Karen, your workouts SCARE me!!! Holy Moly...you're a machine! I need a lung transplant just thinking about that kind of a w/o....I wish I was in that kind of shape...props to you my friend! Well Ladies, enough hero worship from me...have a great Friday!

Another KB workout with Sarah Lurie. "Bootcamp" Four rounds of five one minute exercises. Then abs.
Deadlift Row
Clean/Press/Squat
Alternating Swings
Lunge Passing the KB under the front leg
Alternating Snatches
Abs were:
Alternating Swings
Two Handed Swings
30 Seconds Each Hand Swings
Alternating Swings
One minute each
Calling it a day!

Today was 60 minutes of hell...ok, maybe a little dramatic, but tough! I decided to do a 3 exercise, 10 circuit day. It went bwt chin ups x10x9x8x7x6x5x4x3x2x3/ 225# deadlifts x10x9x8x7x6x5x4x3x2x1/ pushups x30x27x24x21x18x15x15x15x15x20. It ended up 57 chin ups, 55 deads and 200 pushups...definitely metabolic for me! This took me an hour..geeze, but I had to rest..FREQUENTLY! I probably made a mistake because yesterday was a tough arm day and to follow that with chin ups and pushups maybe NOT my brightest idea. Last night was another lousy sleep night, and that never helps. I think tomorrow is gonna be..........NOTHING!!!! (well, maybe some abs ??) Have a great weekend Ladies!

Yep. Tom, that was your own special brand of crazy! How are you functioning after that? Hopefully you will sleep well tonight, being so exhausted!

Karen, I can picture you showing that KB who's boss. You go, girl!

Thanks for your well wishes for my little man. He's still sick but on the mend. We're not outta the woods since kids around here have been getting pneumonia as secondary infections. We're staying home, out of the public germiness, as best we can...of course DD1 is in Kindergarten so that doesn't help. We scrub her down each day after school, soap all over her hands up to her elbows like surgeons do! OCD, anyone?

Yesterday was Fitness Blender cardio supersets, 2 different exercises back to back for 35 seconds then 10 seconds rest. Today was a Mish mosh of Low Impact Cardio Blast Legs Live + KCM'S new Upper Body supersets DVD.

Have a great weekend and "see you "in a few days!

Lisa, glad lil guy is getting better and yep, I did sleep better in part I'm sure due to my insanity! I may revisit that one....but NOT soon!!
Today I just did some light ab/core work, inclined sit ups x25 x15 x10, and Knee to chest planks and side planks (5 min) and finished with single leg calf raises x40 x30 x20 x10. Its funny, but I can do shrugs till the cows come home and all kinds of presses etc, but my traps seem to get hit a lot more on deadlift day!...strange and the weight wasn't that heavy but I don't use my legs like I should on deads and I think I sort of straight leg deadlift then shrug it to finish....it just NEVER get comfortable in the low position and I seem to fire out of it, straighten my legs and use back and traps....gotta get THAT fixed,.... asking for trouble!! Enjoy your Sunday friends, Monday looms!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.