Who Cares? It's September.

Hi fit babes! So good to be back and see you all! And yes, I have made notes again. :)

Ronne, I am now thinking I should have known DM was Drill Max! Another one I kind of dread but enjoy if I do the premix that has no cardio! That's great you didn't get DOMS from it, I never know why I don't get them but can usually figure out why when I do get them. o_O Happy 18th wedding anniversary!! DH and I hit our 12th in August. Already can't remember what we did to celebrate. Goodness! I think the LIHI workouts are cruel. Especially the arm ones! I think I'll do LIHI Legs this week 'cause I'll be able to psych myself up for that one over the next few days.

Hi Murphy! We bought some one-time escape room games but haven't tried them yet. We need more than just DH and I to do them and we don't have people over that often! I am looking forward to it when we get around to it. I'm with you on doing my own thing this month too with the workouts. Thank you for saying you have a Tempurpedic and love it! DH wants a Beauty Rest again but I'm tired of him rolling into me! I really want what you have. Wish me luck in getting it. He's a hard guy to crack! :eek::D

Roxie, I'm glad you are enjoying the kids! I hope you find the job you want soon.

Lisa, thank you for letting us know Jody is OK after Irma! I hadn't thought of how much time you need to rest between rides but that's quite a lot with your task master DH! Glad your new mattress pad isn't so hot! If mine was and I used a heating pad, I'd just sweat myself right outa bed! I'm glad you have a great way to get back to sleep, I didn't do so well last night. BB making a lot of noise certainly didn't help! I don't know what my rhr is but I know it went down when I first started exercising 1000 years ago. Super happy for you that you didn't get any reprocussions (I can't spell anymore!) from your Cathe workout--yippee! Beautiful photos of the monarch butterflies! Or as Jody put it, pretty bugs!

Mary, how did DH do on the triathalon? I admire people who can do that, I'm definitely not one of them! I think it's great you are so passionate about your bed! (I may even call you Goldilocks!) Sleep is incredibly important and I have no problem trying out every single bed in the store to determine how comfortable it is. And I'm willing to pay more for a good quality bed. And DH? Well, not so much. Hence my survey!

Hi Jody! I'm glad you got through Irma OK! And you rock too--doing a Cathe workout among the storm, you go girl!! We have the foam top from Costco too and I love it! That's why I want more of it with the next bed! I thought your trip to Ronne's neck of the woods was coming up, I'm excited for you!

Fall arrived overnight last week with chilly mornings and we finally got rain starting yesterday. I took BB out in the morning and it hadn't started yet. But it was raining when DH took him out later and he turned right around and stopped at my car in the garage so he could be taken to some place drier. :) He got over it though and he and I enjoyed a long soggy jaunt after work today. I think the rain has helped our fires a lot so no complaints here!

Winging it again on the workouts this week, hope you all have a healthy week! Tracy

Hi all

Tracy - It's been raining loads here recently. We've had a dry few months so it's not unwelcome. Wet walk with a dog does not sound like fun to me but it is a great way to get out of the house.

Jody - glad to hear all is fine. Impressed that you've been getting the workouts in, in the midst of it all. What is it you'd like to do/see that isn't available in London? I can recommend loads of places to visit that are only 1-2 hours away by train, if you wanted to do a day trip from London. PM me and we can discuss it. Are you also up for meeting up? I can come to London to see you or you're very welcome to come to Oxford and I'll show you around (it's an hour by train from London). It would be amazing to meet you!

Lisa - impressive stats! Love the butterfly photos. I watched a short series on nature in Mexico and it showed the Monarchs once they've arrived there, it was so beautiful.

Mary - hope you enjoyed your busy weekend.

We went to see Victoria & Abdul at the weekend, it was very entertaining.
I've been sleeping badly the last few nights, night sweats, oh joy! I'm waking up a couple of times and then finding it difficult to get back to sleep. I look haggard!
Taking it a bit easier on the workout front this week, just listening to my body. Did some yoga yesterday and today was a KCM workout.

Hello all, still doing my own rotation thing, alternating between UB, LB and cardio. Not much else to report.

Mary - I don't find the bed hot at all. I do notice that the firmness changes slightly with the weather, harder in the winter and softer I the summer. ???
Jody - for the escape room, we had to rob a jewelry store and replace the item with a fake. We are really bad robbers.
Lisa - those pictures were very nice.
Roxie - how was the 100 rep challenge(s)?
Waves to Ronne and Tracey

Murphy

A bike ride yesterday where I got assaulted by butterflies! One got caught between my sunglasses and eye! I don't know who was more disturbed, me or the butterfly? Ronne, they are migrating from California to Mexico...they must be taking the scenic route this year, we've never had this many! Murphy, the hot bed problem must be me, last night, not hot though I did nothing different. Jody, jelly of you going to London! I'm just too lazy to plan a trip! And no one else will do it! Tracy, I can't spell anymore either! Very frustrating at times! I can't stand to walk in the rain either! I'll take snow over rain. I'm sure the rain is good for the fires. Mary, congrats to dh! Kids look to be having fun too! Hello to anyone I missed, I must have forgotten what I read as I don't take notes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! Hello girls! Today did a Cathe live.

Lisa, those butterflies are amazing! I would love to see all of them together like that. You have racked up a lot of miles.

Jody, glad things are somewhat back to normal. Can I stowaway and visit with you and Ronne!?

Murphy, I do better doing my own thing. I feel like I'm being bossed around doing a rotation, then I resist!

Tracey, tell him everyone here highly recommended the temperpedic! We spend a third of our life in bed, it needs to be one of the best places on earth!

Ronne, night sweats do get better. In the beginning they seem relentless, then they do back off. I don't get them too much anymore.

Roxie, I can't believe the kids are growing up so fast! I'm glad we aren't aging!

DH did great in his triathlon! 5th in his age group, he might try a half iron man next year. (I think he's crazy!). The whole thing looked painful. I am a fabulous cheerleader tho!

Have to get in the shower, good evening to all, Mary

I am really stressing out over the planning! Once I get there I will chill. Yes, everyone please stow away with me! I did take a mental health break away from my still dark and shuttered home. I did a short easy bike ride f/b TBT UB Jody style. Really why do I even put the dvd in? Cathe's doing one arm rows and I'm like, oh Back, let me try some pull up thing on my tower. Soldier push ups? Screw that, I'll do a few regular push ups and some up down plank thingies. skips chapters skips chapters change incline to standing skips more chapters...

Good Evening,

Since you guys don’t know my family I can tell you my oldest DD is pregnant again she is due in May. We are hoping for a little girl this time but will be ok with whatever.

Hello

Roxie - congrats to eldest DD! How lovely!

Jody - don't stress! It will be great! Sometimes I think the internet makes travelling more stressful as there's so much more info to wade through. Love your version of Cathe!!

Mary - congrats to DH! That's really impressive. I would never do anything like that (anything involving running at all is my idea of hell!). Thanks for the wise words. I had a bit of a better night last night. I'm hoping I'm like you and not the poor women I've read about who have this for two years or more.

Lisa - butterflies are better than coyotes or whatever it is you often see on your rides!

Murphy - that escape room sounds fun! I really want us to try one now.

ICE Bootcamp, just the right level of challenge (no premixes, skipping or alternative versions today!). First visit to school of new year tonight to meet DD's new class teacher. Not much else going on, think I'm finally going to try and tackle my iTunes/iPod mess, tracks on iPod gone missing from iTunes etc. Technology!

Good morning! Today did a YouTube workout.

Ronne, it might be all mumbo jumbo, I find not giving "energy " to the hot flash really helps, I try to ignore it. Doesn't always work, a lot of the time it does tho.

Roxie, congrats! So exciting!

Jody, living without real light is hard, we need that natural light. When will you be able to take the boards down? When do you leave for your trip??

Hello to everyone else! Just cleaning today. I better get busy, the vacuum is calling my name! Mary

Hello

Mary - I know what you mean. I try not to let it distract me too much.

Flextrain today. Haven't done that one for a while so it felt quite new. Not much else to report!

Hi all. Quick post to say that I slept in today. I felt a little guilty but then went to be sleep. :)

Hi girls! Today di Cathe live, boxing, I didn't do the ab section, don't tell. Not much else, off until Tuesday!!! Mary

Hi ladies

Murphy - enjoy your sleep while you still can!!

Mary - I had a look at that class, it looked like fun. Do you have the boxing gloves?

Yoga for me today. Need to do some lower back stuff. Took a day off work and went into town to do a bit of shopping. Got myself some black trousers (boring, worky type things).
Off to London tomorrow to meet friends for lunch and then got friends coming here for lunch on Sunday so it will be a busy weekend.

Happy Friday!! Today did a YouTube workout, weight workout.

Ronne, enjoy your weekend! I don't have boxing gloves, I wear my weighted gloves, 1 lb. does the trick. I think my hands would get too hot in those.

What's everyone up to this weekend? Football tonight, dinner with friends tomorrow, and Sunday we are going to see the new Kingsman movie, I loved the first one!

I'll talk to you all later! Mary

Hi all!
Ronne, butterflies are now gone let's hope it doesn't mean we start seeing our resident coyotes! Enjoy your weekend, no big plans here, supposed to be very fall and wet on sunday!
Murphy, sleep is essential! I slept in until 8 the other morning after a total of 10 hrs of sleep, I needed it!
Jody, I sub a lot too...I say it's better than nothing and I know my body!
Roxie, congrats!
Mary, I see a lot of reading in my future, going to sign up for Scribd where you get better books and don't have to wait so long like the library. 3 books and 1 audiobook every month for $9

Of course I've been cycling, neighbor is basically gone next month so hopefully dh has slow work and can ride. It's so much more of a workout with dh, neighbor really goes slow now that I'm Getting faster! The more you do something the better you get!

Happy birthday Mary!

Short ride yesterday, then spent a nice day with the boys. Let DS and his wife use the ebikes for awhile. Today is a rest day!

Hi girls! Did a YouTube workout today.

Lisa, aww! I got to talk to the kids yesterday, so miss just hanging out with them! Thank you for the birthday wishes!

How was everyone's weekend? We saw the 2nd Kingsmen movie yesterday, I enjoyed it, kind of campy, fun tho! Not much else, cleaning and errands today! Tomorrow I'm getting my roots done, so I will see you on Wednesday! Mary

Hi all. Went camping this weekend. I feel better than expected today but I did go to bed earlier than I usually do and I did sleep in, skipping the morning exercise. I do need to get back into the swing of things.

Mary - Kingsmen 2 is on our list of movies to see. I am glad you liked it.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Brrrr chilly here! 49f! So dog walk and first half of XT bi/tri

Murphy, I've been sleeping a lot lately, I think my body is just tired from all the cycling. Avg 100 miles and 4000 ft elevation gain a week.

Mary, sometimes I miss the kids, other times I'm proud of the independent adults they've become!

Tracy, I swear we have your kind of weather! It's ok for a couple days but not too much longer!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.