Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Belinda, I am sorry, poor Brawler. I have had to dot the chicken and rice with Gertie many times. She has such a sensitive stomach and we go through that every once in awhile. I found I Imodium didn't help as much as some stuff I got at Pets Mart that had some Kaolin along with Pectin which seemed to settle her stomach down pretty quickly. I just keep it on hand now. I hope you don't have to take Brawler in. I don't think that I would have had energy for even a walk.

Laura, I didn't sleep much either. I ended up lying on the couch when my husband got up to work out before leaving. It took quite awhile for me to drag myself in to workout. I am surprised I did all that I did and managed the grocery store.

Oh no! Hope Brawler is on the mend and sound like all of you need some rest!! I don't know how you even consider a workout on no sleep!

This morning I did a 30 minute treadmill workout from the Gymbox. The first 15 minutes we did hill intervals then the last 15 minute we did speed intervals. Then I did 15 mintues of a Gymbox band strength class. I'll have to go back and finish this one - she had some really good lower body moves targeting the abductors and hamstrings.

This morning I did 4 Day Split Kickbox and abs, 44 minutes, 267 calories, heart rate average, 125, max 158. I have not done this in so long. I forgot how much I enjoy it. Took my car in and they are going to contact Chevrolet to take care of the warranty end of it since it is still under warranty. Getting it serviced, oil change etc.. while it is there. I really hope it doesn't take long. Yesterday it started right up for me. I parked under a tree to shade the car just in case I was stuck sitting in it waiting for help if it wouldn't start. Needless to say the birds did a job on it while I was in the store. I needed stuff for the dinner today.

Doreen, that sounds like a good workout. I used to like to do Tracey Staehle's walking stronger workouts where you walked side ways and backwards. I felt it really worked the legs. I don't have a treadmill anymore and don't think that would work on the tread climber.

Ok, after getting some not so great results from the doctor today from my bloodwork, I'm calling war on menopause and this weight gain. My LDL went up over 35 points (since I'm vegetarian and about 80% vegan) it is either hereditary or as I found out today from the doctor, women over 50 in menopause often have their LDL spike up. Also I pushed just into the pre-diabetic category (which is something I'm very concerned over since this runs big time in my family). My diet is clean, there is no room to lower my daily calories, so I'm upping the exercise. I've been on this plateau or menopause thing for the last several weeks, where I keep losing and gaining back the same 3 pounds. Also, they think I may have a UTI that doesn't have any symptoms. Waiting to hear on that. DH also showed up with problems and we are working with the doctor on that. We only have coverage through our normal doctors until the end of this month. Then they drop out of our program. I'll switch plans, but won't be able to see them again until Jan. It's always something.

So, after only two hours of sleep, I did ... To the Max (warm up, step, step tabata), Body Max 2 Cardio Blast, and then the Fit Tower Slim & Trim.

Belinda, any updates on Brawler? I hope everything is ok.

Diane Sue, I hope it doesn't take long on the car. Here in Chicago area, the mechanics have been on strike for seven weeks. They just approved a contract yesterday. I also really like the 4DS kickboxing workout.

Doreen, I really liked the GymBox workouts when they used to have them on Amazon Prime. They have some really good workouts IMO.

Have a great day everyone and good workouts all.

Diane Sue - thanks you! Brawler is doing much better, a lot better than yesterday. He kept me busy, all day long :( I had over 5000 steps at 5 a.m in the morning. Every hour I took him outside, just to make sure he doesn't make a mess on the carpet. Our bedroom is upstairs, since he can't walk on his own I couldn't get him downstairs and outside fast enough. Last night I decided to stay in our living room on the main floor, this way I get him outside faster. Thank goodness, I bought some dog training pads at Costco when Brawler had his surgery, they came in handy yesterday. I will look at the stuff at Pet Mart for the next time. The Imodium took forever to work, we gave him 2 tablets. I need something that works a little faster. How do you make your chicken and rice for Gertie? I only had chicken tights with bones/skin. I put 2 chicken tights in a pot with water. I usually have regular white rice on hand, I ran out. So I used quick cooking white rice. He loves it :)

Laura - thanks for asking about Brawler! He is doing much better today. Now he is constipated. His stomach is making lots of noises. Sorry about your blood work today. Mine spiked a little too about a year ago, my thyroid was all messed up. Maybe they can check your thyroid levels? My thyroid levels were normal, my doc took a change and put me on the thyroid meds. After been on the meds for a few weeks my levels spiked like crazy :( Good thing, my doc put me on the thyroid meds month before. My doc put me on a higher thyroid doses and my levels are perfect. I read that your LDL can raise when you have thyroid problems. Try not to stress over this. You are eating clean and your are a vegetarian on top. It may be also hereditary, menopause or even stress can raise it. You been under a lot of stress lately. I hope your doc can figure it out soon before your insurance switch.

Doreen - thank you! I was so wired I couldn't sleep, plus Brawler kept me on my toes yesterday. I had over 5000 steps before 5 a.m. I ended up with lots of steps yesterday.

Belinda, I put boneless chicken breast in the slow cooker and shred it with a fork. I put it in the refrigerator Gertie and scoop out a bit. That is the easiest way to fix it. Use only white rice. Quick cooking is okay. I think there is a little more fat in chicken thighs,and don't think you would want to give skin. The rice helps get some moisture and fluids down. Gertie usually doesn't want to drink or eat much when she is like that , but will eat the chicken. Sometimes I just start her on some rice only. There is too much fiber in brown rice. Sometimes a tiny bit of pumpkin can help added to the mix, but it can work to help or too much can cause the opposite problem. I use it in Gerties treats I make with white rice flour. The medicine I get for Gertie is 21st Century Essential Pet Anti Diarrhea with Kaolin & Pectin. At first sign of loose stools I give her some. She has a place right at the start of the hallway headed to our bedroom where most of the messes seem to end up. Once in awhile by the door. One time she came in our room which is rare and I heard her tags rattling. I was like you, up at 3 am only trying to clean up as best I could without waking my husband who had to go to work. Doing it in the half dark room was not easy. I did the best I could and shampooed the next morning. If I catch it soon enough we seem to be able to ward off too much mess and she seems to feel better and more like herself. This stuff you only have to give once every 12 hours. After she quits having accidents and things look more normal I cut to one dose for a day and then half and stop.

I don't know how you ladies do workouts on no sleep. I couldn't fall asleep last night - not sure what was keeping me up. I actually turned my alarm off to skip my workout and ended up waking up regular time anyway. So I tried to go back to sleep until my bladder protested. I had then maybe 20 mintues before I needed to get the kids ready for school. So all I did was All in 18- Metabolic Mayhem. Something is better than nothing right!?

Today I did X Train Legs mix 2 standing, barre, all & chair, floor. I wore 2.5# ankle weights for the barre work, went a bit heavier than Cathe on the weights, held an 8# dumbbell on my inner thigh as the option offered. I got a terrible calorie burn from Fit Bit. This is where it gets frustrating. I should wear something else to monitor for weights. Workout was 71 minutes, heart rate 92 average, 130 max, Fit Bit 155 calories. Cathe workout manager gives 482 calories, met 6.5. Map My Fitness gives 417 calories. I ended up taking it down to a met 4 and using 296 calories for my calorie burn. With Polar I was always closer to 300 calories with the X train workouts in the past.

Doreen, I feel for you. I have done the same thing and I hate lying there willing myself to go back to sleep then end up giving up.

Today I did Your Body Breakthru Rockin' Body Cardio Jam - Michelle Dozois = 51 min.

Diane Sue - I don't give Brawler the skin from the chicken. I am to lazy to pull out my slow cooker :) I cooked the chicken on the stove top. I will pick up the meds tomorrow. He hasn't had any accident, he is constipated now. I take him out every hour.

Doreen, I know the feeling. That was me at 1:30 this morning, I finally gave in and got up. Just about 3 hours total last night. Most days I can cope, but after a while I have a tendency to break down where I just start crying on little things. My DH is at least understanding about it. And I can never ever nap during the day. Never. My body likes to sleep from about 10:30 - 1:30. That's the magic window. And on heavy duty drugs. And yes, anything is better than nothing.

Today was Tabatasize, then Supercuts, and then the Fit Tower Long & Strong.

Diane Sue, I'm also usually around 300 for an Xtrain workout on the Polar. Although I can only get around 150 for barre type work (fit tower). Fit tower boot camp gives me a lot more. I have not done the total body weights fit tower yet (slated for this week). I'm trying to go through them all this week so I can make notes on what I like and don't like.

The doctor wants me to go back in for another urine sample so they can do a culture. I feel it now, I have a UTI. Trying to have them go ahead and give me some antibiotics as the culture will take up to 72 hours. So I'll be in bad shape by this weekend.

Belinda, keep us updated on Brawler. Hope he is better.

Have a great day and keep up the workouts!

Belinda, after all of the loose stools Gertie usually skips a few times before she goes. I just figure it is the change in food and making up for being dehydrated. I hope he gets better soon.

Laura, I do not cope well after several nights in a row on little sleep. I hope you can get some antibiotic before the weekend. You should get more calories with Fit Tower Total Body.

Last edited:
Not up to anything today. Did not get much sleep. The doctor put me on an antibiotic and it is making me nauseated at this point.

I hope everybody else is doing well and have a great weekend.

Today I sat here looking at my plan and trying to make up my mind too long!! I ended up going with the plan of some cardio and X Train Burn Sets Chest Back and shoulders. I started with Cross Fire Time saver mix triple tabata, 34 minutes (actual 28 but I ran down stairs twice for laundry and the dog needing out) heart rate average 132, max 172, 189 calories, 2,518 steps. I then did X Train Burn sets planned, 52 minutes, 225 calories, heart rate average 101, max 132, 1,164 steps. Total time 86 minutes, calories 414. I accidentally put in the wrong dvd. Instead of burn sets I put in the other Chest, back and shoulders and did the warm up and push ups before I realized she was not starting with chest! SO, I skipped the burn set of push ups.
Weights today was kind of low since I did not want to irritate my shoulder and neck.
Dumbbell bench press 2 DB 15#,15#,15# x 10,10,14 reps
chest flies 2 DB 15#,15#,15# x 12,10,14 reps
Incline dumbbell bench press 2 DB 15#,17.5#,17.5# x 10,10,12 reps
one arm row 30#,30#,30#x 10,10,12 reps
dumbbell rows both arms, 25#,25#,25# x1 0,10,11 reps
seated rear delts 2 DB 15#,12#,12# x 10,10,10 reps
superman 24 reps
standing overhead press 2 DB 15#,15#, 15# X 10,1010, reps
single arm lateral raise 10#,10#,10# x 10,10,12 reps
aingle rear delt fly 10#,10#,10# x 10,10,12 reps
scare crows tubing.

Belinda, as long as he is eating and drinking I think that he will be fine.

Laura, sorry that you could not sleep. My heart goes out to you as I know how that is.

I ended up doing RWH legs at the park yesterday during my daughter's soccer practice using a band instead of weights. It's not as tough with the band but still good.

This morning I wanted something different so I tired a new Dvd I found at the thrift this week... Bob Harper Kettlebell sculpt. It was ok. But it seemed like he just got up there and made it up as he went along. So many random moves and rests that were to long because he was talking.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

Today I did STS M2 D15 and Stretch Max#3. Lately I been playing/listening to my own favorite music :) Makes my workouts more enjoyable. I usefully like the music in STS. I figured I play my own this way I don't get bored with my very long rotation :p I also do this with all my walking workouts. Time flies!!!

Diane Sue - he is eating and drinking. Around 4 this morning he needed to go outside. I am happy he isn't backed up and normal. Thanks for your concern.

Laura - I had my share on taking antibiotic. It makes me nauseated also. Make sure, you take it with food, not on an empty stomach.

Dorren - sorry you didn't like the dvd. I have it but never done it, lol. I like all the other ones.

Have a great Friday, everyone. I am also doing Clean Max :)

Doreen, I have a set of Bob Harper workouts. Inside Out or something like that. He doesn't do a lot of the workout, but has someone else doing a lot of it while he walks around and talks. Since breaks were long I would do jacks and jogging in place so I didn't waste so much time.

Belinda, that is great that Brawler is back to normal :) Playing some of your favorite music seems like it would help. I would be tired of hearing the same stuff over and over for as long as you are doing STS. It was fun when I was doing Fitness Blender rotations during Christmas and I found some Christmas workout music soundtracks on Amazon Music. My grandson then 5 was here during vacation and we would sing along while I worked out.

Thanks Diane Sue! Playing my own music to STS, feels like a new workout. Although I love the music in STS, you get tired hearing the same stuff over and over again. I also did that with Stretch Max, you don't need to hear what Cathe is saying. I completely mute everything :) This makes a big difference. Love it! One of those day's I will do a Fitness Blender Rotation, they look amazing.

Today my stomach was ok so I did a lighter workout, Lower Impact Circuit Lower Body followed by 4DS LIS. There are big warnings with the antibiotics about tendon pulls or tears. I figured I would just do low impact stuff for the next couple of weeks. Don't want to compound my problems.

Keep up the good workouts everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.