Damage Control July!!!

I'm up early today for some reason. My alarm goes off at 6:30 but I've been awake since 4:45. I couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to just get up at 6am. Yesterday was a BR w/o in the morning and STS disc 20 at lunch. Today will be a BR w/o this morning. I took this afternoon off to go see our new kitchen design. It's about a 75 minute drive from here. My sister was planning on going with me but she's been called in to work. I'm thinking of joining the Isabody challenge. It's a 16 week program and all you have to do is take before/after pics and journal throughout your progress. You get $200 in product and the chance to win big money. I think it will help me stay accountable longer than just the first 30 days.

Beth-no worries about becoming a crazy cat lady. :) It is unusual that your indoor cat brought you a present after all this time. You need honey-do list for hubby to get your house in ship shape! I'm in the same boat at my house. Our budget can't support all the issues this house keeps giving us.

Waving hi to LL.

bbl

Nice to have a shortened day at work, Diana! Is the Isabody at your gym? It sounds like a good, long challenge. The plumber came this morning and the seal needs replaced and apparently the handle on the toilet is broken as well. It still flushes, though. We do have a list and try to work on items on it, but then new stuff pops up! I'd like to get a new runner for the steps but we're waiting until after the dog visit since she runs at full speed up and down the steps.

I ended up doing Lift It Hiit It legs with abs 2. My hip is a little sore, but not out of whack or anything. I'm either doing Low Intensity step today or just taking the day off. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night at work since they asked me to come in at 10 AM today for being short staffed and I said No. I just don't like 12 hours!

Have a good weekend!

Beth

The Isabody challenge is through isagenix. It sounds like you had to take your beginning pictures on day 1, well that was yesterday for me. Yesterday was BR w/o and STS disc 21-B&B. Today I did STS Disc 22-CST and then mowed the lawn. I'm going to start cleaning out the garage, at least with the stuff I know I can get rid off. My DH and I aren't seeing eye to eye on a few things. UGH. On the home front, the kitchen design is awesome and DH even liked it. The designer is sending the designs to the contractor so he can provide us a bid. The cabinets, counter tops and installation are coming in around 20K. We will also have to add the cost of a new gas stove, dishwasher and possibly a new microwave. The contractor is responsible for plumbing & electrical, so those costs aren't included in the bid. We are only moving the refrigerator. He will have to put in the gas line for the stove and then move/add some outlets and lighting. Also, if we have to basically move everything out of the house for the carpet/laminate installation, we should get the house painted at that same time. The master bedroom has never been painted since we moved in, the rest of the interior has been painted once and the 3 secondary bedrooms have been painted 2-3 times.

Beth-good for you for saying no. I know it's hard, but you have to take care of yourself. LIHI legs is awesome!! I'm so sick of household expenses. I'm thinking of trying to sell a few things on let it go or the Facebook marketplace. We really need to beef up our savings after all these unexpected expenses and selling a few things would be a nice start.

Waving Hi to LL!

bbl

Diana, your new kitchen sounds awesome! You may not want to move after all the effort you've put into fixing up your house. Last night our basement flooded at 11 PM. We had a huge rainstorm. It's now drying out, but what a pain mopping and moving everything that got wet. The two cats are getting to know each other. We now have Cleo and Rainie (after Lorraine, the woman who fostered her for us). Rainie is sitting on the basement steps and Cleo is sitting on the steps to the upstairs. I think it's going to take a while to get them to be together. That's OK. They are both sweet and should eventually become friends.

Yesterday before work I did Strong and Sweaty Bootcamp (first time). It felt good and I was able to do every exercise except the push ups ( I used 8 lb weights for the chest flies). So that was good! Today I did Low Max.

LL, what are you up to?

Beth

Today I did a quick 30 min BR workout this morning, and just finished Disc 23-legs. I'm going to shower and will need to go for a walk later to get in my steps. Meeting Monday, basically sat from 8:30 until 3:30. UGH We'll have to move eventually, the one thing we can't do is make our 2 story home a single story home. At least it will be competitive with some of the newer builds going on.

Oh no, water in the basement. I'm so familiar with this problem myself and know first hand what a nightmare it is to clean up. I think the cats will become fast friends in a few days. Nice w/o, you seem to back your normal workout schedule.

bbl

Tuesday I did Cardio Kicks. Today will be some circuit or metabolic to get some weights in the mix. I tried a new recipe last night-spring rolls. They were awful. The wrap is made of rice and tasted like glue. The spaghetti part is also made of rice and was just as bad. We ended up throwing all the rice products out and just eating the shrimp. I've gotten spring rolls out in restaurants but they were deep fried (and tasty). So I guess this will just be one of those dishes I order out!

I hear you about the single story home. At least your DH agrees that you'll have to move eventually. Mine won't agree to that. Did you get your steps in last night? Days I don't work I almost never get to 10,000. Even doing CK I only got to 7500. Good job on moving through STS!

Beth

Yesterday I finished the BR RTC 30 day challenge! I also did disc 24-B&B. Now to repeat the last week of Meso 2. I'm going to give Imax 3 a try this morning and then do disc 22-CST at lunch or tonight. So far I have not lost any weight with the Isagenix. I'm so bloated and uncomfortable. Thursday and Friday will be my cleanse days and I'm definitely hoping those will help. The program is very easy to follow and I haven't found myself hungry at all. There must be something in the shakes or supplements that doesn't sit well with me.

What are you up to Beth?

What about you LL, what are you up to?

bbl

Good morning!

I had my eyes examined this morning and am getting less near sighted. Nice to hear! Yesterday I did HSTA premixes. I ended up going to 6 inches for the step and it felt a lot more doable than the 8 inches. Today is upper body with cardio-going to do ICE CUB.

How did IMAX 3 go, Diana? That's a tough workout! I wonder if there's something that keeps you full in the Isagenix? Nice not to be hungry anyway. What do you do for the cleanse?

The cats are getting used to each other slowly. It's so fun to see them together.

Off to eat breakfast!

Beth

Yesterday I was Imax 3 as planned. I just really love that workout. Stepping definitely increases the heel pain though. I also did STS disc 22-CST last night. This morning I did Tabatacise. I was a disgusting sweaty mess after that. I've been wearing the 10# vest for all my BR w/o's and it was nice not to wear it for my Cathe Cardio w/o's. I'm definitely going to take my rest week after meso 2 and focus on straight cardio. Sometimes I wonder if I'm holding water from all the lifting. My weight isn't going down like I would like. I'm still carrying the 5 extra pounds from my vacation in Ireland. I'm now 15lbs over the highest recommended weight for my height and I can feel it. It's very frustrating.

Today is my cleanse day, thank goodness as I don't think my gut can handle those shakes. The cleanse day consists of 1 shot of the ionix supreme, then there are 4 meals if you will that consist of 4oz of cleanse drink mixed with 12 oz of water and one isa delight (chocolate square). The snacks in between are called isa snacks that are a pill (similar to a vit C chewable) that you get 1 every hour on the hour between the meals. They are only 15 calories. So far so good. Tomorrow is my second cleanse day. I'm a little nervous about getting through day 2 and not feeling like I'm starving. I may try another cardio w/o at lunch depending on how I feel. I don't want to lift on the days I can't get in my post workout protein.

Beth-Nice job with HSTA. I haven't done that one in a long time. I really like all the step ups and that all the muscles are worked. Wow, how nice that your vision is improving. I need reading glasses for the computer and reading. Yay, I figured the cats would warm up to each other.

bbl

Day 2 of the cleanse is surprisingly simple. Tomorrow it's back to the dreaded shakes. Well at least I think that's what my tummy doesn't like. Of course we are supposed to weigh and measure tomorrow morning. Of course my weight will be down since I've been on a liquid diet pretty much the last 2 days. I fear the weight will just reappear when I weight on Sunday. We shall see. Today I did the BR Live w/o from yesterday, it was cardio/abs. At lunch I did CCC. I also had a massage this afternoon to work out my chronic shoulder/neck pain. I mentioned to the therapist that my the soft tissue around my elbows were sore too. At first she thought it might be tendonitis. She said my biceps and triceps were really tight and to do some extra stretching for those muscles. I can do that. Tendonitis is very hard to get rid of.

Happy Friday

Hello,

How is your weekend? I had extra work Thurs. and Fri. and am glad to be off this weekend! Friday I did a Crossfire premix called less impact. It was good workout. Sat. I did RWH Low HiiT routine 1. Then we took a drive to Ithica to walk around and had lunch at a vegetarian rest. I got peanut noodles (do not recommend!) DH got the carribean black bean rice dish and I ended up eating half of that.

I'm probably going to do the pool today. Even though I've been doing lower impact, my hip feels really tight. So much stretching....so little time. Hope your elbows feel better. Have you heard of the MIND diet? I'll post a link that gives some basic info and a meal plan: https://authoritynutrition.com/mind-diet/. It looks pretty good.

Beth

Yesterday when I weighed I was down 5lbs, after the 2 cleanse days. Today, after eating the normal meal plan yesterday I'm back up 4lbs. I'm basically down 1lb after the first week of isagenix. This is pretty much what I expected. I worked out for 15 days straight so took yesterday off. Other than going walking after dinner to get in my steps that is. Today is back to STS with disc 23-legs and then I'll probably tack on a kickbox w/o. The mind diet looks very healthy and easy to follow. I feel much better since limiting red meat. I've been eating more chicken, tuna, fish and eggs. I much prefer eating whole foods over the shakes.

Stretching has become more important as I age. I wish I could get into yoga as I think that is probably the best solution to all the tightness we are experiencing. Has your yoga class started again? Did you feel better when doing it? The Caribbean black bean dish definitely sounds better than the peanut noodles. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

My heel has really been bothering me. I think all the jumping jacks in Hard Strikes yesterday didn't help. This morning I did cardio super sets and tonight I finished Meso 2!!!!! I'm definitely taking the week off from lifting so my sore tired muscles can recover from all the lifting. I'm going to look for some kickboxing and low impact work to do this week.

What are you up to Beth?

Waving Hi to LL.

bbl

Tuesday I did Cross Fire. I normally reach for TTM instead so it was a nice change of pace and I really liked it. Yesterday I did DrillMax, another one I haven't done in a long time. I'm enjoying my week of cardio before getting back to STS. This morning I have an ortho appt. I should have time at lunch for a workout, but I haven't decided which one yet. I'm thinking Lowmax but am not sure if I want to step or not.

What are you up to Beth?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.