Lifting like girls

Well that certainly hurt!! Wow, I went light and still died. I skipped 3 of the side lunges due to sore knees (and mind), but did tack on 2 extra sets of calf raises at the end. I was beginning to think I don't sweat much anymore...WRONG!! No I just gotta see if I survive the next couple of days. I know this is good for me but geeze! I kept it really light on deads and back was fine..some good news there! I hope to post again and say I survived disc 13...have a terrific hump day all!

Karen, you love Afterburn so it makes sense that you would love Ab Burn, am I right? How is your core responding to this program as compared to HoCo? It sounds just as killer to me. Good luck on today's Wipeout Wednesday Workout!!! :)

Tom, rest up. Don't want to be sleep deprived, go into your workout exhausted, and then do something dopey to injure yourself. No good! Sorry sleep was so bad, hope your day gets better. Leg day tomorrow will get your heart pumping. Love those Meso 2 trisets.

I did another leg day, this time focusing more on ROM and also core. Felt good. Workout was 40 minute At Home Butt and Thigh Lower Body Workout from Fitness Blender. Then did some Shelly Dose core. Now it's off to the races with mom life!

Yes, I do love my ab burn!! This program has been great for my abs. Lots of plank work. Getting the 6 pack back!!
Today was: 6 Circuits - Timed Workout.
Hip Dip Push-ups - 10- 5 each side
Prisoner Squats 16
Reaching Body Rocks 16 - 8 each side
One Leg RDL Arms at T 16 - 8 each side.
24 minutes 34 seconds, and I was dripping sweat. Another Clorox party planned.
I am enjoying this, and the Pilates.

Half hour of Pilates this morning. I'm pretty sure that a session of lawn mowing is on the calendar for today. I decided to go into work at noon today, until 6. Need to have a conference. These people don't start their day until noon. Must be nice, right?
So right now, I'm just hanging out at home. Thinking about pulling out the lawn mower. But, may have to wait until tomorrow.
Make it great!!!

Hi Karen! Hi Tom! Good stuff, a bike ride, pilates, and lawn mowing. I rounded out our group with some upper body today and core, courtesy of Fitness Blender. I'm on a Fitness Blender kick lately. Tomorrow will be cardio, maybe Cathe Live, maybe something else. I'll see where my mood takes me.

Karen, who gets to start their day at noon besides college students??? By the time noon rolls around, I'm ready to call it quits for the day and go to sleep.

Disc 15 down! Took me about 75 minutes. I lost my band so I skipped the band stuff, but I did bump most things up over workmanager recommendations (however I did put things in on the low side), I was going to go heavier on the deads but my "thutt" was so sore from disc 14 that I dropped clear down to 135 and it still felt like my backside was going to fall off! All in all, I survived again and will hopefully live another day. The back was fine on deads and the rows although I didn't go heavy...kind of a trial period. Have a great weekend Ladies of Iron!

Hi guys!!! Another Lauren workout today.
Scorpion Side-Kicks
One-Legged RDLs arms at T
Skydivers, arms at T
Half-Saxon Back-Lunges.
40 seconds effort(changing sides after each rep for left/right exercises)
followed by 20 seconds of rest. Complete the full amount of 5 sets for each exercise before moving on to the next one on the list.
I didn't get to the lawn yesterday, so today was lawn mowing day. That's about it, for today.
Next week starts 4 days a week with Mark Lauren. Looking forward to that. I don't know if it's Mark's workouts or Pilates, however
my abs are coming in!
I can see that you are enjoying STS, Tom. Nice work!
Tell me about the Fitness Blender Lisa. I have Cathe Live, I dropped On Demand. I have all of her workouts on disk, no sense in
having On Demand. Can I access the Fitness Blender with Cathe Live? When I had On Demand, I used the Workout Blender to
make my own workout. Loved that!
So anyway, hang in there all. You're killin' in!

Happy Saturday Commandos! Cardio and abs day 2! I did add 2 miles to the bike and 9 sets of abs, all in all about 50 minutes. For abs: a tri set of crunches x 50/ cable crunches x 25/ side planks x 1 min. The 7 miles is the most I have done in a long, long time on the airdyne and it felt good to do it...well, kinda good! When I did sts last time in 2013 or 2014, not sure which, I started at 180# and finished the 3 months at 192#. Today I weighed 194# and don't really have a target weight, just want to look and feel good! Heading up to Nebraska for a high school reunion of the class ahead of me. My best friends were in that class and I haven't seen some of them since high school! They closed the school down after my junior year (I'm told not because of me) and we consolidated with a nearby, larger town where I graduated It will be one of those "the older I get, the better I used to be" things lol!! All I got, have a great weekend friends...y'all been doing serious damage. keep it rolling!!

Karen, YAY! Abs! YAY! You go, girl! Fitness Blender is actually just a husband+wife team on YouTube. They have hundreds of free videos, just search Fitness Blender on YouTube. Gotta love free, right? I've not tried Cathe's Workout Blender, but my understanding is that Cathe's Workout Blender just gives you the chance to make mish moshes of Cathe DVDs, and it does not include Cathe Live. Could be wrong, as I am not SNM, ha!

Tom, 7 miles? Who are you???? :) Nice job. Great workout and enjoy the not-your-reunion reunion. Make sure to show off your Commando status with some flexing...gotta love a good gun show at a high school reunion. BTW, read your story on Open Discussion. I'm even more in awe of you than I was before...amazing!

Today was Total Body Giant Sets Live (6/30/16). Dripping dripping dripping. No skipping a shower after this one!

Be back Monday or Tuesday. ENJOY the Holiday Weekend (Yes, I am screaming that because y'all deserve a good party).

I am sorry I haven't been in. My life had come to a compete stop. For now. May 9th I ended up calling an ambulance, thought I had food poisoning. About two hours later I had been told I had a tumor on my colon and they were taking me to surgery. I guess the severe pain was from my affected appendix.

It is cancer. The tumor was the size of a baseball. The surgeon thinks he got it all, now the concern is a spot he discovered on my liver (but couldnt get to easily). I see the oncologist tomorrow. Hen testing, then most likely chemo.

No, Lib! Wishing, hoping, praying for your health. Like Tom and Karen said, hopefully they got it all. Karen, wishing your friend to be in good health as well.

Not that this is nearly as important, but I did work out today. I did Legs with Weights and Barre Live (4/28/16).

I am sorry I haven't been in. My life had come to a compete stop. For now. May 9th I ended up calling an ambulance, thought I had food poisoning. About two hours later I had been told I had a tumor on my colon and they were taking me to surgery. I guess the severe pain was from my affected appendix.

It is cancer. The tumor was the size of a baseball. The surgeon thinks he got it all, now the concern is a spot he discovered on my liver (but couldnt get to easily). I see the oncologist tomorrow. Hen testing, then most likely chemo.
Don't like!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.