-Weekend Check-In Feb 25-26th, 2017-

~Elsie

Cathlete
How's everyone's weekend so far? I have a really busy one here.

Today, for my workouts I did Barlates Pretzel/Butt/Outer thigh with Ball 31 mins, Pilates Upper Body Stretch w foam roller 13 mins (Sarah Dineen youtube) & the Core portion of Cathe Athletic Training.

Hope to see you all tomorrow. Hope we are all well & enjoying our movements!! :)

I was waiting for someone else to start it. Someone asked me if I find myself talking to my workouts like I am the instructor. Well, no I don't but I do try and count the moves and most are not to an eight count beat so I get frustrated. All my moves are 8 count moves so if I try to mimic a move I see and can't get the count right then I can't use it.

Today I walked a gun show for 1.5 hours with my hybby. It down poured the rain and even hailed with thunder and lightning in February!

We even were in a Tornado warning, fun day[emoji44]!

Have a great evening!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone

today I did another workout blender for lower body which included RWH and PLB. It was tough. It was a bit colder today. Hubby and I saw Dvorak's Rusalka today through Cineplex. They show the opera live from the Met. We saw Rusalka live in Toronto a few years back and.... I am sorry to say but it was much better than the version I saw today. The singers were great - just the rendition was meh - in MHO.

See you all tomorrow with a new workout. have a great evening ladies.

Hey everyone! Late check in today. Yes that was me who asked if you shout out instructions. Muscle memory is a funny thing. I can trip myself up if I'm not paying attention. If someone else is doing a move similar to Cathes, I automatically fall into Cathes version. Hubby and I went to see Manchester by the sea tonight. Sad! Anyway, I did Tracey Mallett FIT today. Loved it! By the way, we had a wicked little storm pass through my area too. Some debris flying around, now it's chilly again.

Hi all!

I just messed up with Tapatalk again and lost everything I had been typing. So annoying when that happens!

Saturday morning my friend from work came over to join in my w/o. The same girl that did Shine Dance Fitness with me when we were in Germany for work.

I wanted to introduce her to Cathe, but where do you start? How could I be sure she too would love Cathe?

We did the following:
- Rockout Knockout (the whole w/o)
- Great Glutes only gliding discs chapter
- Ice MM shoulders

ROKO warm-up really surprised her. Way tougher than BodyCombat and even had her swearing at Cathe. The actual w/o was fine.
She had never tried discs before and was quite impressed although she did end up in a tangle of the floor, perhaps purposely missing the 15 pulse one.
MM shoulders was good, but perhaps not my favorite MM.

She was relieved that she had to leave after that to make it home to her kids before her husband had to leave for work. If she hadn't been on a tight schedule I would have wanted to continue.

After that I spent the remainder of the day doing housework before collapsing on the couch and catching up with some old magazines... I had gotten to the October issues of some of them. I love magazines and have so many digital subscriptions as well as paper issue of Time and a subscription to Readly (similar to Next Issue), but there just aren't enough hours in the day. Work 8 hrs per day, bball trainings, grocery shopping, cooking and helping with homework before I do my own w/o and then 1 hour of Netflix while I crochet. On my commute I always bring my Kindle and I end up wishing I had to travel further as I get so into my books. I am on book nr 7 since start of 2017, but I have so many more I want to read. Wouldn't it be great if a day had 48 hours, but we still only had to work 8 and sleep 8? Imagine what I could do with all that extra time?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hi girls, hope your weekend has been good. 75 degrees on Friday, yesterday was about 55-60 and today when I got up, 28 !!!!! Hate this
change back & forth in the weather......No workouts yesterday for me, a rest day I guess, although I cleaned and did laundry....Have a good
Sunday, hopefully I'll do something today, workout wise.... :) I think sometimes I get "in a funk" kinda' burnout I think......Have to take a
little break.... guess that's normal....

Hi Everyone,

Today I did my own workout blender for upper body - 1 hour. I added in a youtube upper body challenge workout which was about 5 minutes. See you all tomorrow.

Linda - I get into a funk sometimes too and just need to step away for a day or two - but then i really come back swinging which I love. the break can be so rejuvenating! Enjoy.

whoa - henriette - big workout. I check out the magazines weekly on the library's overdrive too. i just flip and flip and flip - never reading much in detail. I follow the TLDR position (too long, didn't read).

Hi ladies,

I did an extra long w/o again today. 2hr 15 in total... Mixing various Cathe Step, Cardio and Core w/o's so needless to say I was a sweaty mess by the end of it.

Well, I did better today! After church, I went to the wellness center and did a 20 minute Incline Trainer workout &
Walked the indoor track for about 10 min. Then off to Walmart to get groceries, that can be a workout in itself!
After lunch, I did Cathe Live, "Upper Body Challenge w/Ball" from a few weeks ago. Loved it, will be a favorite.
Have a good rest of your day....

Wow! You are all rocking it! Way to go! Today's is My birthday (52) and decided I wanted a nice solid cardio. Step Blast, oh what fun. Maybe I just wanted to do it to prove to myself that I still CAN! I didn't realize I had done 2 Hiit type workouts back to back, my legs were tired. Then brunch and some shopping. Whats up with the weather??? I'm having the same type you are...cold, snow, cold, 70's, rain, wicked mini rain storm, cold again. I don't get it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY tlc, hope you are having a wonderful day, and good job on your Step Blast....You're 52 today, huh, well I've got 10 yrs
on you girl. I'm the "grandma" of the group, I think :)

Oh, Peg, sounds like you had a really lovely birthday! Ooh, Step Blast! I definitely do not have the brains for that one.
Happy BIRTHDAY to you happy lady!! :)
Oh, Ceci, I see what you mean. Nothing beats a live opera performance! I am really going to miss things like this when I go to move to a smaller community. lol.
Excellent rides, workouts etc. this weekend everyone!! Linda, I like an indoor track too. Do not really live next to one these days though.

Today, I got in a couple of short walks and did Sixty Second Scorchers, MH/BJ Gaddour this evening + some band rotator cuff work.
Looking forward to watching Homeland tonight. :)

Take care all!!

Happy birthday Peg! [emoji323] [emoji324] [emoji320]

Doing Step workout on your bday sounds perfect to me. I love step! I actually ordered a new step hoping the risers will also fit under my old one. I actually only needed more risers but the whole set was on sale so I thought why not. If I am lucky the risers will fit and I will also be able to do step w/o's with friends... If I am unlucky then I will just have 2 steps and will have to have someone join me more often. Working out with friends like I did Saturday is fun and I know a few that would appreciate a good step w/o. [emoji5]

That's pretty awesome that you have friends to do workouts at home with you, Henriette!! I hope that the new step works out. I bet now that your friend has tried out the gliders, there won't be any going back! It just awakens my muscles in the lower body like nothing else does.

Well so far it's only been family members working out with me when they visit and this one friend from worked has joined me 3 times in the 6 years I have known her... and several years ago we used the conference room at the office after work hours a couple of times to workout.

Another friend has been meaning to try a w/o with me, but she lives abt 30km from me and doesn't have a car so it's not possible to arrange a quick w/o visit esp as we both have kids.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.