Who cares? Happy new year

Hi all! Got in 60 min on the spin bike today. Funny it's easier to cycle than to sit and stand from a sit. I haven't had this major of DOMS for ages. DH is making fun of me, Suki acts all worried when she sees me wince in pain. Ronne, when I'm alone in the house I can't justify running the heat for just me, I have a heat dish from Costco, I'm hoping it's more economical than a portable electric heater. It doesn't blow hot air, just radiates a concentrated beam of heat.

Hi all

Lisa - I know what you mean about heating, but I was so cold I couldn't even think properly! I've never heard of a heat dish.

Lots of yoga over the weekend, did 68 mins on Saturday and just 20 today. I'm enjoying the variety of different classes.
Just spent 20 minutes trying to print out 3 pages! My new ink cartridges don't work so I need some replacements. So frustrating...

Hi ladies! Today did a Cathe live class, it said it was low impact, I thought it would be kind of low key, I was wrong! I did finish it, except for the planks, hate those. Lisa, we have a heat dish also, we keep it relatively low in the house, we also put heated throws on the couch, I love those! Ronne, ink cartridges are so pricey! What's everyone else up to? Last week with DD, still have another 12 days with DS. Just love having them in the house, except for the wash, so many, many towels. Good day to all! Mary

b385320386bf1f9bc102380b9ce70a1d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Well, I saw the doctor. I am coming along nicely but I need a stronger compression garment. I already have one that is firm control, but I guess I need a smaller size - you would think that is a good thing but I am not so sure. I did get a smaller/tighter one and it is not so bad but still... I have to wear it 24/7, basically. I have to wear something when I exercise otherwise I will swell up. I can do weights and light stuff but starting over from scratch (again). Nothing high impact or etc (no HiiT or the like). All for at least 4 more weeks. Oh, the allergic reaction is unexplained but significantly better. So, I will be doing weights, yoga, and riding my bike.

Mary - is a heated throw an electric blanket?
Ronne - I am doing the DoYogaWithMe challenge - sort of. I kinds of cheat and do half here and half there, etc.
Roxie - thanks for the info on StudioSweat
Lisa- thanks for the photo, I was going to ask about the heat dish.
Jody - waves!

Murphy

I had to post pics of my spin workout today with the peloton app, such fun that Ronne probably heard me all the way over there!
b27646a5c4b0e10c8437d52e48666dc5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all, I'm at a computer now so can do a proper checkin. I've been having some pain in my right hand from pointing my finger to type on the ipad, darn age. So, I did spinning saturday (45 min), sunday(1 hr), then today I walked the dog (DH out of town so I have to, foot/ankle doing good, let's see how it is after walking dog a few days, crazy ankle), STS CBS disc 4, and 30 min spinning (above pic). It was a great spin workout, singin at the top of my lungs! lol. So, in other news, we have now had 2 credit card compromised so dealing with all that and hope they didn't get any others, was really anxious when second was compromised as it's one that doesn't get used much, so how the heck did they get it and did the others that get used even less get compromised too. May have to invest in a wallet that blocks anyone from skimming them even when they are in your purse. I was fuming from taht and from having to rush across the street to avoid a car who wasn't gonig to stop for me in the crosswalk, walking thru th3e slush, got my shoes soaked, and then I came upon a lady who seemed to have problems getting her kid in her backpack, the wind was blowing at a gusty 50 mph, her eyes were squinted (I thought from wind), as I came upon her, I said I would help her, she didn't seem to want my help and her dog didn't stay sitting and kept coming up to Suki, suki is good with othr dogs but can get anxious. So I;m pulling the pack up her back so she can clip it in front, we finally got it, but she seemed weird, didn't know what was up with her, then I look down, I see the harness is OFF the dog (it's on a leash) how it got off I have no idea, and I see 'seeing eye dog' written on it. I asked if she needed more help, she said no, I asked if she could see me (I didn't want to ask outright if she was blind), she said no she couldn't and the dog is a new dog and not fully trained yet, again asked if I could help her get the harness on the dog, she said no she was fine, so I continue on making sure she was ok. so, what does this story mean? that here I was grumbling about the stolen credit card numbers, being forced into slush, soaked feet and thinking everything is against me, and here I come upon this lady with a 2 yr old a new seeing eye dog, in the wind, thru slush. being so independent. I would not have ever been out in those circumstances, she inspired me so, to trudge on thru the "crap". I admire her, but so really wanted to help her even more after I knew she was blind. Anyway, an epiphany.

Personals:
Murphy, you're another trooper!
Mary, DS is coming home, he has an interview with his company but for a plant here in Northern CO. SO hope he gets it, he wants back to CO so bad! Everyone keep fingers crossed!
Ronne, that's cold! Do not get me started on technology (computers, printers, routers), that's another battle we are fighting. Things are obsolete before you know it and things don't work like they should. I hate computers and printers, why can't it be easier? Found out my new ipad is not compatible with my MAC because my MAC is old(8 yrs or so) an my ipad is new generation, they should make everything backward compatible! Same thing happen3ed with my $500 embroidery software. Ah, not going to get started on that instead I'll be inspired by the blind woman (and I sure hope cars stop for her!!!!! a fellow walker also had no idea she was blind and was amazed when I told her). So with me helping her I'm hoping for some good karma!

Hello

Mary - should have known with Cathe that low impact doesn't make low effort!!

Murphy - well, that's sort of good news isn't it? Sounds like you're on the mend at least. Patience ...

Lisa - sounds like you really enjoyed your spin! Sorry to hear about the credit cards, it's a bit of a nightmare. I've done a bit of work with visually impaired people - you have to respect their independence and only help if they ask. Sounds like a strong woman.

Good session today - 50 mins working on opening hips. Felt really good.
After my ink nightmare, I phoned the company to say that both cartridges hadn't worked. They're sending free replacements so I can't complain about the service.

quick check in, just STS disc 5 back/tri meso 1. Can't really get into anything else as I'm dog sitting DS dog and waiting for a UPS delivery that needs signed for the other DS. Ah, I guess at least I'm needed..... Going snowshoeing tomorrow with my BFF so won't be around. Ronne, I do like the spin, so many good classes, there's even Brits in the Peloton group on FB that I lurk in, so you too can get in on it. :)

Hi girls! Running around with the kids today, just finished working out. Work tomorrow, Thursday the twins and I are going to the theater to see Into the Woods, and this weekend we are all going to New York to go tubing for a couple of days. What I'm saying is I might not be around much the rest of the week! Lisa, dang credit cards! Crazy how people get our info now. Prayers for DS! Murphy, hope that compression works, this is for your ankle, correct? Ronne, thank goodness for good customer service! Always makes me happy. Hello to Jody and Roxie's! Better get dinner going, I'm so behind! Mary

Hi there

Lisa - have fun with BFF. Sounds like fun.

Mary - Wow, sounds like you're going to be busy. Enjoy the show. And tell me what tubing is when you get back!

Yoga again today. Haven't done it yet as I've been out for a meeting (Yes, I was allowed out of the house!)
I'm starting to notice the difference in my shoulders, they're feeling looser with more movement in them.

No snowshoeing...BFF chickened out because it's windy....I'm not sure what she's expecting for winter conditions....I did Cathe meso1 disc 6 I think and 30 min of spinning ---- I am totally addicted to these peloton spin workouts, they are so fun and I feel wonderful afterward! I would have taken suki out on the bike, the weather wasn't that bad 50F, but winds out of the north at 15mph and possibly muddy. Maybe tomorrow I can get her out for a good run for her (she needs it), it'll be cooler but hopefully less wind.
Ronne, tubing is riding a big tire tube down a hill on the snow, so good they let you out of the house. Are you a home body by nature anyway (I know you work at home), I like being home. Mary, it sounds promising for DS and they may want to move on it fast (or at least the hiring side), hoping for a firm offer this week, so excited for him but so much work for us...house hunting! thankfully I have a friend who is a realtor that I can talk with honestly

Hi all

Lisa - that's a shame. I thought tubing might have been something like it but it seemed a bit odd doing it in New York. So you're hoping to have DS back near you again? I do get out of the house in the evenings but just not much during the day. My work used to involve more direct contact with people but that's really tailed off now. So sometimes it's nice to get out to a meeting or something, makes me feel like other working people!

Shortish yoga today, 36 mins.
Parents' evening at school tonight. Should be OK.

DOMS have set in again, darn Cathe legs for doing this. I took a walk and then 30 min of easy spinning. My foot/ankle is feeling good, until I quit taking anti-inflammatories but at least there's progress, never could I have walked the do 3 times in one week so I guess I'll continue the advil and when it's bad the meloxicam.

So, DS got the job!!!!! They will need to backfill his position in KS so they are looking at April (hopefully beginning and not the end). I'll be quite busy helping DS navigate getting a house, thank goodness I have a good friend who's a realtor.

Hello

Lisa - congrats to DS. It'll be nice to have everyone close by again, won't it? Is he going to buy somewhere?

We got a little bit of snow this morning! It didn't stick. Lots of the rest of the country has had more but we seem to have avoided it.
Going to see La La Land tonight with a friend. I've tried to stop reading about it as it's everywhere and I just want to enjoy the film without knowing too much.
Planning to go out to a pub for lunch on Sunday and a bit of a walk as well.
Have a nice weekend, everyone.

1 hr of spinning, DOMS aren't as bad this time from Meso1 legs...I can sit on the toilet easier :) Ronne, yes he's going to buy a home near us, he would commute 50 min north and his girlfriend 50 min SW. We got the same little bit of snow too. Finally you're seeing a movie I've actually heard about, enjoy!

Hello
Lisa - it looks like it's just you and me still... Those distances don't sound too bad to commute either. Fingers crossed!

More yoga this weekend, did a 73 min session today but it flew by. Enjoyed our lunch yesterday but it was chucking it down so we couldn't manage a walk.
Loved the film on Friday. Really entertaining and surprisingly bittersweet. Going to the cinema again tonight to see A Monster Calls. Taking tissues - my friend said she was bawling by the end of it!

A busy weekend....helping DS, oh the joys of being Mom. He's negotiating salary (and insecure about it...I don't blame him but he's doing so good), then with houses, he's trying to move where he can get more for his money so DH and I scouted out some towns north. One was so rural, not very good cell reception and one little itty bitty supermarket...DS says, but there's nice houses for a good price, uh yeah, but do you really want to get on the interstate to head 10 miles away just to get milk and bread? I see a lot of work in my future, unlike my other DS. Hoping he gets the salary negotiat3ed today or at lat3est tomorrow (my keyboard suck, so I keep hitting 3 then an e). Anyway, Sat was rest, Sunday was 1 hr spinning, today was STS meso 1 week 3 legs, disc 9 and 30 min spinning. I've found a FB group for Peloton App users (the ones that don't use th3e expensive Peloton bike), I'm creating a checkin there for spinning workouts. Oh the one on Sunday, I was singing at the top of my lungs, it was sooooo fun, last song was ' It's Raining Men " and I was totally into it. Are you sure none of you want to join me on this Peloton App spinning? Does anyone have a spin bike besides Roxie? Ronne, it's snowing here again, just when the paths were dried up and warm weather coming mid week, but now with the snow it'll be slushy. Suki needs some exercise! I said I should put the treadmill in front of the spin bike and we would be like we are outside :)

Hi everyone! Lisa, I love that song, but don't have a spin bike, those workouts sound fun. Now you will have both sons close by? That's nice! Congrats to son on new job.
Mary, I hope you have fun in NY. I've done that before at Ski Beech N. Carolina. I'm guessing the slopes will be a little more elaborate? I had a lot of fun. My dd has been back for a few weeks now, she'll prob finish up in late April though. Big news for her, she did get her internship in Africa over the summer. She's going to Swaziland.:D
Ronne I might go see La La Land since you liked it. It looked interesting to me. I've been recently to see the latest Star Wars Rogue 1, loved it.
I almost never work out, but I did do an hour bike ride today. Mid 70's and beautiful sky. I've blamed all my problems (no sunshine and no romance) on night shift, but turns out that working days I get to work before light and leave after dark and am inside in between. And I am too lazy to muster up a social life on my time off! Oh well! I am moving forward in learning some new procedures in our department and working extra shifts pretty regularly.

Hi there

Lisa - sounds like you're going to be kept very busy! No, I don't have a spin bike I'm afraid. You'll have to make some new fitness pals!

Jody - that's great news about DD. What a great opportunity. I wasn't bothered about the star wars film. I went to see the one that came out last year and enjoyed it and that's enough for me! You're learning new stuff so that's a good thing. I'm sure you'll be able to get back to social life at some point.

Not a lot going on here today. Large, complicated new job coming in that I've got to try and get my head around. Did a nice short yoga session, just recovery really.
Need coffee!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.