Hardcore check in for December 2016

WD

Cathlete
Today I just did Kelly Coffey Anped up Cardio workout 1, 32 minutes 2h05 calories. My husband and I took a day trip out of town for a job interview for him. We will head home in awhile after looking around.

Debbie, nice work on being the lioness today:) I think some moves are contrived for more difficulty when others get the job done in a safer fashion.

Today I did SuperCuts for the first time. I actually liked it. I don't usually like those compound exercises because I'm so uncoordinated, but I did well with it. I used mostly 5# weights. I tried 8's but my shoulders were burning quite a bit. I loved the last exercise - sit-ups to push-ups. Those rocked. I had to stop at set 6 though. My Fitbit shows I burned 174 calories and the workout was 45 minutes long. I then got on my TM and walked a half a mile.

My left hamstring is really tight again, it was doing good there for a while. I put a heated bean bag thing on it while I put my makeup on after my workout. It feels better now.

Diane Sue - I agree. :)

Have great workouts and a great weekend, everyone! I'm going craft showing with my cousins tomorrow. Looking forward to it!!!

Today I did cardio, treadmill for 60 minutes, 3.25 miles and 642 calories. Max heart rate was 176. I walked at an incline to get a good calorie burn. It is so windy here today I cant even go outside. I am afraid our back fence is going to blow down! My dog wants to go out but I am too afraid of branches breaking while walking under them. There are absolutely no leaves left on the trees.

Debbie,
nice workout. I watched it while I walked on the treadmill. I am not sure if I could do all of the lunges, my knees would not be loving those exercises. Isn't it refreshing to try something new every now and then? I might go back to the Cathe Live workouts, $10 a month for unlimited workouts and they are really fun and I enjoyed doing them. I am getting good results waling uphill, my butt is getting smaller!!!

Diane Sue
, I hope your husband's job interview went well yesterday. I will check back in later to see what you did for your workout.

Roselyn, I hope you are doing well and getting in your workouts.

Have a nice day.

So, I typed all of my weights on here for STS disc 12 Muscle Endurance Legs and backed up to read and lost the whole thing. I am not going type it all out again. Weights were 15, 20, and 25#. Blue firewalker band and I did the bonus stability ball work. 25's were used for the deadlifts and squats.56 minutes, 290 calories. I followed this with Barre Amped Stretch and Strength, Power Stretch, 24 minutes, 60 calories. Total time 80 minutes, 350 calories. I wasn't feeling cardio today. I have not had much sleep the last two nights.

Debbie, I enjoy Super cuts and Flex Train which is similar once in awhile. I either go light where shoulders are involved or do biceps curls or something else for the upper work part of the move. It is a nice change once in awhile. I have had very sore tight places and have been using my dogs rubber ball when she doesn't see and want to climb all over me to play with it. I ordered the Yoga Tune Up balls that should be here tomorrow. I should have purchased them a long time ago when I got the Knee Hab Workout of Jill Millers that uses them. I have been stringing together some upper back, shoulder and neck stuff of hers using the balls that is on youtube. I did some this morning before I started my workout.

Jolie, is that Santa Ana winds?? Our trees have lost a good amount of their leaves but it is because it is fall and the wind helps it out. Those winds can do a job on loose limbs and branches. I have always read that reverse lunges were better on the knee than front lunges. Does that make a difference for you? Maybe you could just sub gliding discs or do squats or something else for the lower body part.

So yesterday I did an arm workout it was only 4 exercised but alot of reps

Dumbbell Curl , 50,40,30,20,10 reps 10,12,14,15,16#

Tricep Extension same amount of reps 8,9,10,11,12,

Barbell Curl 10,20,30,40,50 reps 40,35,30,25,20#

Skull Crushers same reps 15,14,13,12,11

Finished off with abs

Today I did Insanity Fast and Furious

Asking for prayers for my mom again, now her annual mammogram came back so she went back for some more views, they wanted an ultrasound after that and the radiologist saw what he thought warranted a biopsy now we wait. Scary my annual is coming and I dread, dread them I have had to go back before so this time I asked for the 3D (I got that letter that said I have dense breasts and they recomment 3D), so say some prayers for my mom, Rosalie.

Roselyn, sending prayers for your Mom. I always pay the extra for the 3D when I go in for a mammogram. Those are a lot of reps !!

Today was cardio and since I have been looking over the Body Blast series I pulled out Step Blast. Step blast was 56 minutes, 435 calories. I then did Step Jump and Punch all cardio skipping the warm up and added the abs, 28 minutes, 176 calories. Total time 84 minutes, 601 calories. Step Blast always seemed to get my heart rate up pretty well once I got going. I remember doubling the challenge at the end. Also the premixes that has cardio and the SJP weight work was really good. I have not done that in years. Cathe and crew look pretty lean in that series. I got y therapy balls this morning after I started but did not want to go out to the mailbox in the rain mid workout. I am going to go use them in a little while. Tomorrow upper Yoga Tune up will be here. Do they deliver mail on Sundays in other states? I will try it out tomorrow. I did use my foam roller this morning for a little bit before I started. I really did not expect to get it till Monday since it was later yesterday when I ordered.

Worked legs and had more energy so worked chest and tris

Diane Sue I am going to an imaging center this year for my mammo that picks up the extra 5o dollars, also I just got a foam roller for my birthday how exactly do you use? I googled it said not to use on your spine

Roselyn, I am prayer for your mother. My last two mammograms came back with similar results as yours, dense breast tissue, but my dr. says that is ok. I dread getting the results as well. I took a cancer insurance policy out on both myself and my husband because you just never know...

Yesterday I did ICE Muscle Meltdown and added a few extra exercises. Workout was 30 minutes and I burned 200 calories. Today I started with an hour walk on the treadmill, high incline, walked 3.25 miles. Then I did STS #13 Triceps. Total workout I burned 728 calories!! I am running late today so I'm not going to post my weights. I have done these workouts so many times now, I don't even need to put in the dvd. I know each workout by heart and that is bad. I am so excited for the new workouts to come out. If they ship before Christmas I am going to wrap mine and put it under the tree from Santa. I love having a new workout to do on Christmas day!

My neighbors husband passed away a couple of months ago so my husband and I are going to put up her Christmas lights today and help her go and get a tree since we have a truck.

Have a wonderful festive day!

Rest day today.

Roselyn, they change quite often on what to foam roll and what not to. A lot is finding the painful spot and just resting on it till it lightens up. Some of the physical therapy videos I have watched have you lay on it lengthwise and roll a bit side to side. I do know you do not roll directly on joints. Also the upper spinal area up into the neck. You don't want to go too high on your shoulders. Do you have P90X2? Tony uses the foam roller in the warm ups and his recovery dvd has a blend of yoga and foam roller which is nice. Did you try You Tube? I used to have a lot of stuff bookmarked.

Jolie, I do not think that I have any of the workouts completely memorized. You mush have done them a lot. I couldn't wrap mine and put them under the tree because I also ordered the downloads and would find myself doing the downloads. :p 728 calories is a lot Great job!! That is kind of you to help the neighbor lady with her lights and getting a tree.

Last edited:
Today I had to be at work early so I only had time to walk on my treadmill for about 2 miles. I am in pain from doing Supercuts last Friday, my upper back area is feeling it. This is why I can't do those types of workouts anymore, I'm not sure what irritated it, but something did. It's feeling much better today, but doing weights wouldn't have been good. I'm hoping to be able to do weights tomorrow.

Roselyn - I am praying for your mom. A lot of times they see something that is nothing, they get us all worried into a tizzy and after another test or two they say it's nothing. Nothing more frustrating that going through that. She'll be fine. :)

Jolie - Same here, I always have denseness in my scans. I think it's because we lift weights. It only makes sense. I hate having them done and put it off as long as I can. I make sure and self check just in case.

Diane Sue - I didn't know that about the foam roller. I always roll from my lower back all the up to my shoulders and then when I feel pressure points, I stop and slowly move the roller over that area. My spine always cracks when I do that and sometimes it worries me. I hope I'm not hurting myself in the long run, but it feels so good when I do it.

Hope you all have a great day!!

I had a doctor appointment this morning so all I did was Kelly Coffey Amped up workout 2, 29 minutes, 180 calories. It took much longer than I had anticipated. By the time I got home I was just not feeling like doing a leg workout. I may get some household tasks done.

Deb, I have read various warnings on foam rolling. Most just say not to roll the low back and just do areas around it. Some say that is just because some people do not have the strength and stability on the foam roller. Most athletic people would be fine. I avoid the low back just in case but do roll the upper back. Mid to upper back has muscle protecting the spine. You are definitely not supposed to roll the neck. I always stop short of hitting the lower part of the neck. I hear crackling sometimes as well and it feels good. My new yoga tune up balls are rather firm and they feel so good on the upper back area. I can really go through those moves and hit the back of the shoulders and lat area well. She also has you put the two balls around low back and doe some work there. Moving up and down with the arms in the air so you kind of move the muscle in and out over the balls.

Roselyn, Mark on Tai Cheng workouts also uses the foam roller a bit. It is not a long segment though Mostly on the legs though. He does do a move that I have learned to be really careful with of working all the way back and up over the roller head and arms leaning back over the roller and then he goes back down. The first time I did this I was too aggressive and had a headache and neck pain for a week. After watching Chiro and Physical therapy videos, I can see that it would sort of traction the neck area and open things up if done right. I think for myself I prefer raising up off the roller a bit till I am in the final position, I have done something similar by lying on the bed and slowly scooting back till my head is tilted back but still a bit on the edge of the bed and hold that position for a bit. It does help. Check You Tube and you should get some good ideas. One of my favorite dvds was one that Keli Roberts did on foam rolling. I accidentally broke my dvd and never replaced it.

Last edited:
Today I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes high incline, 2.25 miles. Next I did ICE Muscle Meltdown Biceps. I used 15# DBs for the whole workout. 5 exercise, 3 rounds of 12 reps. I burned 568 calories.

I had to go to the Dermatologist for my annual skin cancer check up and everything looks good. Some pre cancerous cells on my face that I will address with a topical cream called Effudex.

I am hurting, my neck is out again! I am going to the Chiropractor tomorrow to get adjusted. My head feels like it is screwed on backwards. I have a dull headache and cant focus very well. I am sure I will feel better on Wed.

Each of you had great workouts, something is better then nothing!

Have a nice evening.

Today I did Cardio Coach 6 w/Candace and I did the whole thing. Had a great workout. My upper back, left side is still bothering me. I may forego lifting this week if it isn't better. I don't want to injure it more.

Today's workout was 54 minutes long, I went 3.35 miles, burned 353 calories (TM said 486) and went 7053 steps. I have an all day meeting today so I will be sitting most of the day. I wanted to try to get my steps in before I go to work.

Diane Sue - I will keep that in mind about the foam roller. I used it on my upper back after my workout this morning and it felt great.

Jolie - Hope your neck gets better, it isn't fun to be in pain.

Roselyn - Nice workout!

Today I did Body Max 2, warm up, combo 1, power circuits, and abs, 59 minutes, 431 calories. I then did the Body Blast Series Super Sets, Lower body blast remix, 34 minutes, 171 calories. Total time 93 minutes, calories burned 602.
Body Max 2 I used dumbbells on the circuits but went a bit heavier than Cathe.

Super Sets Lower - 3 rounds
barbell squats 40#
barbell deadlifts 40#
Plie squat 35# (I used a dumbbell at 35 # here) I hate holding a barbell in front and it makes my neck and shoulders hurt
One leg squat off of step with 3 risers 15# dumbbell

Jolie, I hope that your neck gets better. I know how miserable it can be.

Debbie, nice job on Cardio Coach today. I have sure laid off of some of my lifting lately. I am looking forward to when I can do more.

Roselyn, sending prayers out daily for your mother.

I'm feeling better with my upper back but just walked on my treadmill this morning. I went about 1.5 miles and then I did the stretch from my Yoga Stretch workout by Karen Voight. Man, that felt great. My hamstrings are so tight again. This workout always loosens me up pretty good.

Anyone know when the new workouts will be sent out?

Diane Sue
- Body Max 2, that is an old workout.

Roselyn - Hope your mom is holding up ok, I am praying for her. Nice workout yesterday.

Jolie - Hope you had a great day yesterday and a good workout today!!!

Today I did Ice Bootcamp Circuit Basic Mix, w/u, main, blizzard blast, muscle meltdown biceps, core 1 and stretch. 500 calories, 83 minutes. Funny Cathe's workout manager says 723 and map my fitness says 720. Then I get Fit Bit at 323. I used the calories burned calculator net of 500. I used my Yoga Tune Up dvd with the therapy balls 10 minute upper back segment as well. This is Wednesday family dinner night. I am making the chicken tortilla soup from the Fixate cookbook I thought that would be good since it is so cold here right now. Usually I leave most of the tortillas out but I will make it with them since it is for company. I have found some non GMO gluten free corn tortillas so I don't mind too much.

Debbie, Body Max original is old :p I have actually used both of them off and on without feeling tired of them. I have not heard when the new workouts will be done. It seems like it should not be much longer. Although holiday time always seems to slow that process down a bit.

Jolie, I hope that your neck is better today. Did you get a treatment?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.