Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hey girls,

I did ICE Metabolic Total Body -Basic Premixes: #3 Warm Up + Main Routine + Muscle Meltdown - Chest + Icy Core 1 + Stretch - 74:21 this morning.

Have a great day and workout, everyone.

Belinda, I like Metabolic Meltdown. It is much more work than I thought that it would be. Nice work today.

Today I did hammer conditioning. About 30 min. Then followed with hammer abs 10 minutes. Again first time through is really a test of weights to use. I hate ab work but thought I should at least try it. [emoji21]

Oh and last night I checked the library again and they have a couple of the ICE workouts on search. I'm going to see if I can request them inner-library loan. Happy dance if I can!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Hi ladies,

Today I did Rock'n & Sock'n Kickboxing: Basic Premixes: #3 Warm Up + Main Routine + Muscle Meltdown - Triceps + Icy Core 1 + Stretch - 72:53 :) I need to give my abs a break. Did abs yesterday and today. Feeling it!

Doreen - where do you live? Your library has some awesome workouts.

Diane Sue - I like Metabolic Meltdown too. It sneaks up on you :) Good job yesterday.

Good job, everyone.

Today I did Ripped With Hiit #2, 20 minutes, 172 calories. I then did Ripped with Hiit abs 1, 10 minutes, 37 calories and followed with Ripped with Hiit Back, Shoulders, and Biceps, 54 minutes, 250 calories. I finished off with Barre Amped Lower Body Stretch, 20 minutes, 24 calories. Total time was 1 hr 54 minutes and calories burned 483. I was going to do legs today but my knee hurt yesterday after we got back from the State Fair. I guess it was Tabatacise followed with all of the walking. I iced it and stretched last night before bed. It was okay this morning but I thought I would be easier on it this morning. I picked up pumpkin butter, pumpkin pasta sauce, and pumpkin spice salsa today. I liked the suggestions in the store ad of using the pumpkin pasta sauce as a sauce for veggies. I had purchased a spaghetti squash with it in mind. Also the pumpkin maple butter has a suggestion on it of using it in yogurt. It just might be tasty that way. They had pumpkin bbq sauce a pumpkin vinaigrette , the syrup ingredients were not bad but I really do not have much use for it. There was a lot more but those were things I was interested in.
Weights
one arm row 30# 12 reps 3 sets
finisher barbell rows and band pulls 35 pound barbell
Pullovers 35# 12 reps 2 sets
finisher barbell row 35# and supine band pullone
1 arm angled row 30# 12 reps 3 sets
finisher 1 arm seated band pulls
rear delt flys 15's 12 reps 3 sets
finisher one arm band pulls
prone rear delts 8's 12 reps 3 sets
finisher seated t band pulls
Biceps curls barbell 40, 40, 35# 12 reps
finisher w curls 10's 20 reps
concentration curl 22.5# 12 reps ; 20# 10 reps; 20@ 10 reps
finisher crazy 8's 30# 24 reps
simultaneous standing hammer curl 17.5#; 17.5# ; 15# 12 reps
finisher crazy 8's 25#

Belinda, I can do abs every day and not feel anything. I felt it a bit when I did the barbell roll outs the other day because I had not done that one in a very long time. I guess because it was something different.

Doreen, I liked Chisel abs better than hammer abs. Autumn uses the step doing them and it is from plank off the step alternating with seated on the step stuff like knee ins and v sits. That is cool that you found Ice workouts on the interlibrary.

Hi ladies,

Doreen - where do you live? Your library has some awesome workouts.

I have to order them through WorldCat Interlibrary. My library doesn't have them. Sometimes the library that has them won't lend them out and my requests just get denied! Always worth a shot.

Reactions: WD
Hi

Sorry but this is the first day back to working out. Took a week off. It was a very much needed break.
A very evil one too, as my diet is still crazy bad right now.
So this is Week 4 Meso 1 I'm about to finish disc 10 and " Plugging" away, ( swearing away ) becoming very impatient and ADDing all over the place as I set up for the 1000 th set of push ups and 21's.
And I am so going to be done!!!

Cupcake is so full of sunshine it's streaming out of every orifice right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammer plyometrics this morning. Not really impressed with this one. A couple moves are difficult without the chin up bar and I think that lowers the intensity. He calls it jump training but I think any of Cathe's hiit are harder. So I followed it with Intensity's two floor sections.

Good morning,

I am done with Peak Cardio Strength 2 = 58 min + Karen Voight Quick & Slim Cardio = 30 min. I have one more Peak workout to do, than I am done with all the Peak workouts. Really like the workouts. Very fun.

I will be back later. Need to shower.

Today I used premixes. I did Hardstrikes with no conditioning drills or stretch 31 minutes, 187 calories , followed by Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox 5 segments removed mix from the timesavers, 36 minutes, 212 calorie. I finished off with Barre Amped Strengthen and Stretch disc 1 barre power stretch and disc 2 upper body stretch, 36 minutes. Total time was 1 hour 42 minutes and calories 436.

Cupcake, that was good that you took a rest week. I can see that you will be relieved when you are done. I am usually losing interest by the 3rd week on rotations myself. That is why when I go back to them I generally do half a rotation.

Doreen, I agree that it is hard to get the heartrate with the Plyometric Hammer workout. This is the one where I hurt my rotator cuff. The going to the floor and coming up and grabbing the pull up bar and back down was just not the way to watch form. My doctor said hanging alone puts the shoulder in a vulnerable position. I tried the tubing and it is hard to get the handles in hand and get into position that fast. Maybe add some different moves there? I was glad that the rotation only had it a couple of times and not every week. I also did not like the jump push up things. I pushed off the rebounder and it was still hard on the shoulders. Substituting something else is a good idea. I thought that they had another cardio on there from a different series?

Belinda, great job at getting another workout set almost completed. :)

Good morning Everyone !
I just finished Fat Blasting Cardio ( Lisa Kay ) and I tried about three dance routines from TA new Tava Dance Party and that one is fun. Didn't know you can string along shuffles, side steps and cross overs in such a creative way for low impact that's actually fun. She chooses good music too. Not much of a calorie burn but good fun.
Haven't done cardio that much the last month so it kind of went downhill.
Must make sure to get more of it in this month.
Have a great Day!!!

Today was iso chisel, lean legs and abs- compound legs and fire walkers only, an 10 minute torcher- gorilla gut buster. The kids are off school today so I had some extra time this morning.

This morning I did Ripped with Hiit Lift it Hit it Legs, 41 minutes, 200 calories. I followed with Hammer and Chisel 15 minute Glute Chisel, 18 minutes, 98 calories. I wanted to get some abs in so I did 10 minute ab chisel, 11 minutes, 25 calories and Rapid Fire Kickbox and Core Burn, standing and floor core and the stretch, 24 minutes, 82 calories. Total time 94 minutes, 403 calories.
squats 25's 24 reps
squat digs
plie squats 35# 16 reps
plie jacks
static lunge right side 25's 16 reps
split jumps
static lunge left side 25's 16 reps
split jumps
squats 25's 24 reps
pop squats
plie squats 40# 16 reps
narrow plie touch down 24 reps
wood chops side lunge 10# 24 reps
explosive side lunge 12# 20 reps
cross back lunge 15's 20 reps
lateral skates
Low Pulse lunges 20# right then all left
power circle scissors
dead lift 25's 16 reps
snow angel jacks
dead lift wide stance 25's 16 reps
frog jumps with quarter turn
walking lunges 15's
scissor scissor wide tuck jump

Cupcake, I am not good with dancing. This morning I laid out Amy Bento Ross Hip Hop Walk thinking that I should try it again. I have only did it a couple of times and I guess part was my clumsiness and another was that I did not burn enough calories. I am glad that you had fun doing it.

Doreen, nice job on the workouts today. I liked the Iso Chisel. I really do enjoy how those workouts take in different types of training.

Good evening,

Busy day today. I walked 5 miles this morning.

Cupcake - I should give TA a try. I have a few of her workouts, she doesn't instruct/talk :( Never really got into her workouts.

Doreen - good job on your workout.

Diane Sue - I still haven't done RWH:) good job.

Good job, everyone. BB tomorrow.

Hi!

It's Saturday [emoji4] and since I have work tomorrow it had to be Legs today instead.
I find it easier to sneak it the Back and Triceps after a work day than Legs.
I'm so happy that's over with!!!
Shower time! Disc 12...Last Leg day of Meso 1 DONE!!!
It's a beautiful day!!!

Cupcake - I should give TA a try. I have a few of her workouts, she doesn't instruct/talk :( Never really got into her workouts.

I did some of her workouts at the time when I was trying to get back to working out and was just right after the frozen shoulder diagnosis. Couldn't do much at that time.
Some of them were truly bizarre ( Perfect Design Series ... Talk about strange ) and her Dance workouts were impossible for me.
I liked her original Mat workout and her other series ... Forgot the name, but I like the Glutecentric one.
This new one called TAVA Strong and sexy Dance Party ( which has nothing to do with being Strong nor Sexy ) is a lot easier to follow and fun to do. But it's more of a way to warm up or cool down.
I like it though. So many workouts could benefit from longer warm ups.
No she hardly ever talks but in the later ones, she does...and that's when you start to wish she didn't.

Last edited:
Today I did Amy Bento Ross Hip Hop Walk, 56 minutes, 307 calories. I do not think I ever did all of this one. It was pretty good. I purchased it when I had just had the knee surgery and tried some of it, but I my knee still hurt some and I could not move very quickly. It is not hard to follow at all. I then put in Amy's Advanced Step Challenge thinking I was going to do a short premix. I was having a hard time just doing the choreography without the break down since it has been a long time with it. I went back to the start and did combo 1 and 2 and the stretch, 42 minutes, 191 calories. Now I remember that combo one was the hardest to get. I used to do this one all of the time and add the spins that some of the others did. I need to get out her last one she did that is Step Challenge 5. It had so many turns at the start off the step and my knee did not love it. I did some of X Train Delts bonus first 2 exercises ( I had phone calls and just decided I was done since the grandchildren are coming in awhile) Total time was 1 hour 46 minutes, calories 521. So far I have 11, 279 steps today on my Fit Bit. I got a lot from the walk workout.
Amy is filming a new step workout that will be a download from her own website from what I understand. I think Kelly is filming her new workouts today. One has heavy bag work. Both look good. :eek: Christmas is coming right? At least I am pulling out some older workouts a bit more.

Belinda, I think I have mentioned that I have some Tracey Anderson but have never had a love for them. The last one I purchased was a mini trampoline workout when I had knee surgery and I paid way to much for what it is. You are right she does not say much. I often wonder why she became so popular. I feel I missed something along the way.

Cupcake, I do not blame you for changing the leg workout. They always seem much tougher and take more out of me than upper body work. Upper is much easier to fit in somewhere. Not usually a sweaty workout like legs. I tried the Perfect Design after my torn meniscus and it made my knee hurt worse. I can see some of them as warm ups and for a lighter workout. I have Teen Meta of something like that. I gave it to my granddaughter to use and have not got it back. I got it around the time I got the trampoline workout. One of those have some strength work with a band like the firewalker loops. I think it might have been the teen one because I don't have that band here. It was kind of okay. The dance stuff was too hard for me.

Good evening,

This morning I did Jenny Ford Step by Step and Step Aerobics basic w/ 3 Super Combos :) Doing both workouts gave me a killer step count :) Got 12K :)

Diane Sue - I feel the same way about TA. My dvd's collecting dust :( I may donate them at some point. Good job today.

Cupcake - lol, some of TA workouts do look bizarre :) I have the ones you mention, just can't get into them. Maybe I need to try the Glutecentric one. Thanks for your review.

See you all tomorrow. Good night.

Diane Sue - I love Amy Bento step! I found her last year- ordered all 5 dvds at once and spent weeks working on them!

I think I found the website but doesn't look like the pre-order has started yet. Will be fun to have a new step with the new Cathe!

Yesterday was a light recovery day. I did Jillian 30 day shred-level 2.

This morning I did Chisel total body and then a YT by Shelly Dose 20 minute kickboxing.

So far I think I like the Chisel workouts better than the Hammer. Once I try them all I'll check out what the rotations look like.

Last edited:
No workout today. I had two of my grandchildren here over night. My 18 year old grandson came over and we took my dog for a walk. It had rained last night and at noon today and felt nice outside when we went for the walk. I got lots of floors on my Fit Bit Blaze going up and down to check on my 2 year old grandson. He is good about checking everything out.

Doreen, I need to work on the 5th workout. I set it out as a reminder. I have found Amy's workouts to be quite fun once I learn the choreography. I think I bookmarked the address for Amy's new site. I keep seeing her practice pictures on facebook. She said they were working on it in her house so they could make sure it was doable in an at home setting with limited space. I know some of her older hi lo workouts seemed to take me to the corners of the room. I think I would just like to make my own rotation with Hammer and Chisel doing all of my favorites and skipping the not so favorites. I think you will like at least a couple of the Hammer workouts. You purchased used ones, right? Did they include the deluxe workouts that use the med ball?

Belinda, I bet you did get a great step count with two step workouts. It seems step workouts work better for steps that something like kickboxing. Of course cycling won't count steps. I forgot to put my calories in my Fit Bit Last night. That is one thing I am not liking so much with my Blaze is being able to go back to the day before and adjust the calories if I forget to do it the night before. I just enter the total all at once . Trying to create my own meals and food lists is too time consuming when I have all of that in My Fitness Pal.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.