Buff Badgers - Month of August

Did 40 minutes of elliptical cardio followed by core work this Saturday morning.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I enjoyed my friend's bday celebration. It's always nice when DH and I have something to do as we need to get out more and enjoy ourselves.

Today's workout was 35 minutes of elliptical cardio followed by core work.

Went to visit my cousin yesterday. She lives nearby but I don't visit often so it was nice to catch up.

I have to head to work 45 minutes early for a meeting that I scheduled. I got in Meso 2 chest, shoulders and Triceps first. I skipped the chest fly segments. I like these workouts so I decided to just pull one out to do today and not worry about the amount of weight.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Good Morning!
Saturday was my Tabata Bootcamp class. Cleaned my parents house Saturday afternoon. Felt really tired on Saturday. Definitely didn't have my A game on. Sunday did laundry, got lunches ready for today and cut up fruits and veggies for the week. Got our own house cleaned. The afternoon I worked on putting some exercises together for my Thursday client. The weather was weird yesterday. It would rain and 10 min later the sun was out.

This morning was day 16 of the 20x20 challenge and I did shoulders and stairs (mixed in some burpees in place of the stairs) workout. I've been doing the warm from STS before I start the challenge and then finish with the STS Stretch.

Glad to hear you and DH got out and with friends and enjoyed yourself.

Hope your meeting went well today.

#day17 was squat lunge madness. She says to do squats with a 45-90 lbs barbell. I use my dumbbells and only go with 2-20's. So I'm only squatting 40 lbs and that feels heavy for me. Then she says with the same weight range to do lunges. Heck for that I drop to 2-15's, so I'm only at 30lbs. My legs are not small by any means but I don't seem to have that strength like others do. Oh well... I guess as long as I do what's right for me and the best I can, I'm good. ;)

I can't imagine doing a squat challenge with that amount of weight. I assume you are doing several reps which would be alot.

Today was Tri Sets Upper Body Split from the Low Impact Challenge series. Haven't done that one in a while.

#day18 was 20 min elliptical craziness. This was the one where I start out at level 6 and increase from there. I have a love/hate relationship with this workout. I hate it cause it's hard but I love it because of the challenge and how fast it goes. Dang my glutes and feeling it. :eek:

In that challenge we had to 12 squats. With 3 other leg exercises and repeat it 4 x hopefully within 10 min.

I like Tri Sets Upper Body Split. Good choice. :)

Good Morning!
#day19 was lower & upper body. Did as many rounds as I could for 10 mins finished that round with 1 min of squat jumps and then as many rounds as I could for upper body. Had a pretty good workout. Great music on Pandora helped. :) One more day of my challenge. Next week I'll probably go back to Cathe for a while. I do have to say though, I really like these 20min of intensity. The only thing I don't like is the lack of variety.

Happy Friday!
#day20 was my last day of the challenge and I did upper body & plyometrics. The workout felt really tough this morning. It's been a long, tiring week. I pushed as hard as I could and rested when I needed to. Hopefully I'll have more energy tomorrow in my Tabata Bootcamp class.

How are things going since school started?

Have a great weekend!

Brenda

Things are very busy gearing up for the school year.

I took a rest day on Thursday. I decided to clean and mop the kitchen on Friday morning instead of working out. Just finished 40 minutes of elliptical cardio followed by squats. I have quite a few errands to run today.

Good Morning!

Saturday I had my Tabata Bootcamp class. Sunday was my rest day, granted it certainly didn't feel like it. We cut 3 peoples lawns plus our own on Sunday. Didn't work out this morning. Our smoke alarm went off at 1:30am not sure why. We couldn't smell any smoke. Not sure if a stupid spider set it off (that has happened already) or if the battery is low. Needless to say it was very hard to fall back asleep. I wanted to try and get a little more sleep because tonight I start my kickboxing class up again. It'll be a long day.

Still can't believe it's that time of the year already where kids are starting to go back to school.

DS 14 had a great first day of school. I was a bit nervous.

I forgot to check in this morning but I did Meso 2 back and Biceps.

Glad to hear that his first day went well.

Last night had my kickboxing class. I only had 3 people but it was still fun. I always enjoy kickboxing. Two of my sisters take this class. One of them was early so she recorded me for a few seconds while I was punching the bag and I posted it on Instagram.

This morning I decided to do some Cathe and did XTrain Burn Sets Chest, back, & shoulders. I had an awesome workout. Had really good strength.

STS is always a great workout.

Can't believe today is the last day of August.

This morning I decided to go with one of the 20 min blasts from the challenge I was doing. Bummed that it's over with. I enjoyed posting about it every day on Instagram. I did the squat lunge madness.

I'm beginning to think I have a black cloud over my head or something. This morning on my way into work I had a pickup truck almost side swipe me. I was on a two lane highway and thankfully I was paying attention and I notice the guy in the truck moving over into my lane. I laid on the horn and hit the gas peddle to get past him and out of his way so he didn't hit me. I'm not sure what's worse, worrying about deer running across the road on the country roads or the people driving on the highways. Need to shake that off.. good grief.

Oh my. Glad you avoided that accident.

Today was elliptical cardio while I finished a movie. A coworker asked to check out a DVD so I let her borrow couple. She liked the Flex Train so far.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.