Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2016

Today was Amy Bento Ross Kickbox Surge, 73 minutes, 493 calories. I then abs from 2 other Amy workouts, Hi/Lo Knockout, 10 minutes, 35 calories, and Kettlebell Dynamics abs and stretch 13 minutes, 47 calories. Kickbox surge used an 8# med ball throughout, I forgot how hard those roll back and stand moves are with the med ball. Hi/Lo Knockout used 8's I used 10's, and Kettlebell Dynamics was a 20# kettlebell. Total time was 96 minutes and calories burned 587. I need to go get ready and load the car. Have a nice weekend. I may pop in once in awhile.

I had a great time on vacation. We got a pontoon boat and all 16 of us fit on it and they went tubing. Lots of fun and games and movies on the projection screen around the fire pit. Today I did Amy Ross Body Box combos and intervals 1&2, 263 calories. I then did Amy Ross Drop Set Strength Split 2, 54 minutes, 239 calories, chest, biceps, triceps , and core. Total time was 1 hr 40 minutes and calories burned 502
Drop Set Strength Weights most weights are a bit heavier than Amy but some are the same.
see saw press on step 20's X 8 reps; 15's x 10 reps; 12's x 8 reps
extended push up- on toes walk hands out in front push up walk back 8 reps; push ups arms extended but not as far reps; on knees arms extended further push ups 12 reps
flies 20's 8 reps; 15's 10 reps; 12's 12 reps
Biceps
bent over concentration curl dumbbell face back at bottom turn up 20x 8 reps; 15 x 10 reps; 10# x 12reps
standing hammer 17.5's x 8 reps; start in front of thigh 15's x 10 reps; 10's long curl 12 reps ( I am ever a fan of long curls and Amy uses 5's)
seated curls with a drop down pour out that hits the triceps a bit 15's 8 res; 12's 10 reps; 10's 8 reps
Triceps
wide kickbacks 15's 8 reps; 12's 10 reps; 10's 12 reps
overhead extensions bringing dumbbells to press together 12's 8 reps; 10's 10 reps;8's 8 reps
triceps push up drop down push up on step with 3 ricers 8 reps; push up jump to standing step down push up 10 reps; 1 leg elevated push ups 6 right leg up 6 left leg up (hands are in triangle position on all of these)
I won't list core moves since I did that last week.

I'm back! Yesterday there was NO power again so I could not workout without my tv and air conditioning. Sunday I did a 5.3 mile walk and worked shoulders. Today I did STS #13 Chest and Triceps.

Chest press- 25# x 20, x 15, x 12 Need to go heavier next time.
Chest Flies- 20# x 15, x 12, x 10
Incline press- 25# x 15, x 12, x 10
Incline Flies- 20# x 12, x 12, x 11

Lying Tricep ext- 15# x 15, x 12, x 10
Cross Body ext- 12# x 14, x 13, x 12
2 arm kickbacks- 10# x 15, x 11, x 10

Diane Sue, sounds like a nice vacation. I love pontoon boats! Also, you had a nice workout today.

My dad got rushed to the hospital yesterday, extremely low blood pressure. They did the test and found 3 clogged arteries at 50% to 60% clogged, so they had to put him on medication to get rid of the plaque. That really made him made, he prides himself on good nutrition and nutritional supplements. He is 83 now and I told him he went all this way with no significant problems, so I think he has done pretty well compared to other people.

I got my air conditioner fixed today so I am very happy!

Jolie, I am sorry that your Dad had to be rushed to the hospital. At least they are starting with medication. I hope it works for him. He is lucky he has had not health problems before. I really cannot blame him for being upset because he does take care of his health.
Yeah for air conditioning and electricity. It has been terribly hot here. It makes it hard to want to do anything. You got in a really good workout today.

Today I did Ice Chiseled Lower Body Basic Mix 6, main, blizzard blast, shoulders, and core. 95 minutes. 591 calories. I went heavier pn Lower Body. It is kind of hard to post weights because every exercise is different and there is no real workout card like there is for the muscle meltdowns.
Muscle Meltdown shoulders 12 reps each exercise, 5 exercises 3 giant sets
overhead press 15's all rounds
upright row 15's all rounds
standing side laterals 8,s; 10's; 10's
front raise 15# all rounds
rear delt on ball 8# all rounds

Todays workout was BACK. I did my own workout, 1 minute rest between sets.

Barbell Rows- 60# x 10, x 10, x 10, x 10 (I could go up on this next time)

1 Arm Row- 35# x 10, x 9, x 9, x 8

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 10, x 10, x 10, x 12

Horizontal 1 Arm Row- 30# x 8, x 8, x 8, x8

Deadlifts- 60# x 10, x 9, x 9, x 9

I don't track my calories when I'm just lifting because it is usually low and not worth posting. This has been a very busy week so I will not be getting in much cardio. Also, I am going to lay off working my abs till after the wedding next month. I have built so much muscle in my abs that my stomach looks like it is sticking out in my cloths. I need to have a flat stomach for the dress I am wearing or it is going to look like I'm 4 months prego!!!:p

Diane Sue, great workout today. I have never done an Amy Bento workout except for a full body weight lifting dvd I got years ago. Do you like her workouts?

ok i have been working out just got so busy
Today was cardio, yesterday I worked arms, monday legs, and sunday chest.

I have to start posting, with my mom getting sick and my son came home yesterday for a couple weeks from school, (turned 21 today) life got crazy

Jolie, I rarely burn many calories if I am doing a slower heavy weight workout. Endurance and workouts like the Ice legs that has cardio segments alternating with weights I do better. I still like to track. I think we probably use a few more calories than our heart rate gives us though from the weights. Nice work. I plan on doing back tomorrow.

Roselyn, I bet it is nice having your son home for awhile. That is good that you are still able to get in your workouts. How is your mom doing?

todays workout was a 5.5 mile walk outside. It was so hot and humid I was drenched when I got home. Total calorie burn was 667. It think it was so high because of the heat, I was really huffing and puffing. I'm am going to up my walking and heavy lifting for the next month, trying to lean out the legs mid section. Also, I am going to give up sugar! It will be hard but I will try to do the best I can.

Diane Sue, I will come back later and read your workout for today. When do you get your Fitbit? I love mine and I haven't had one problem with it.

Roselyn, nice workouts over the last couple of days. Enjoy your son while he is home!

I hope Debbie is having a great time on vacation.

Today I started with Ice Boot Camp Circuit Blizzard blast with the warm up, 17 minutes, 95 calories. I then did Ice Low Impact Sweat all step (#2 and blizzard blast) no warm up, 33 minutes, 246 calories, avg. heart rate 124/ max 157. I then did muscle meltdown back giant sets, 22 minutes, 107 calories and finished off with Amy Bento Abs and Stretch, stretch 2, 16 minutes 35 calories. Total time was 87 minutes and calories burned 483.
Muscle Meltdown back 3 giant sets 5 exercises 12 reps each
one arm row 30; 30; 30
pullover two 20's, 20's; 20's
one arm wide row 25; 25; 25
one arm pullover 17.5; 17.5; 17.5
deadlifts 2 30# dumbbells 30's; 30's' 30's

Jolie, I cannot imagine walking in this heat and humidity. It rained the last two days and is hot. I can only imagine that you really needed to drink a lot of water after that. I did a 21 Day Sugar detox once on the balanced bites website when they first started it. I have both 21 day sugar detox books. It was not easy. Also it was paleo. I even had to not eat cashews or cashew butter. She did use some granny smith apples in a couple of recipes. No honey or pure maple syrup and no sweetening with dates and figs. I think cutting the sugar is one of the best things that we can do for our health though.

Jolie, I do not get to have my Fit Bit Blaze till this next month for my birthday. My husband ordered it and bought the extended warranty so he let me pull it out to get information to register it. I also set it up with the app and charged it while I had it out. Then I shut it down before I gave it back to him :) It was picking up my heart rate while I was holding it in my hands.

Todays workout was Shoulders and Biceps. I did STS #13 for Shoulders and STS #15 Biceps as well as STS #1 for Biceps. I had a great workout.

STS # 13

Alternating Overhead Press- 20# x 12, x 10, x 8
Two Arms- 20# x 15 TF

1 Arm Lat Raise- 12# x 12, x 10, x 8
2 Arm Lat Raise- 12# 12 TF

Rear Flies- 12# x 12, x 12, x 12, x 16 TF Need to go up next time

STS # 15
DB Bicep Curls- 20# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

Seated Alternating Curls- 20# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

Preacher Curls- 15# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

STS # 1
BB Curls 21's- 25# x 21
Incline Alt. Curls- 15# x 15
Qtr Stop Curls- 12# x 8 rounds, should go heavier next time
Conc. Curls 1.5 method- 12# x 12
Seated Alt. Curls + 2 arms- 15# x 16
Hammer Curls- 15# x 16
Wide Grip BB Curls 21's- 25# x 21

My biceps are fried. This was my second shoulder workout for the week so I did not do a long one.

Diane Sue, great workout. You are going to like the Fitbit, it is so easy to use and it seems very accurate to me. Also, it is so light weight that you don't even know you are wearing it.

Roselyn, good job getting the workouts in when your stressed with medical issues for your mother. I hope everything turns out well for her.

Today I thought that I might have to go out to run an errand for my husband so I picked a workout that I thought would burn a significant amount of calories without weights. This was Tabatacise with core #1, 55 minutes, 409 calories, heart rate avg. 128/ max 159. I then wanted to revisit the rest of Amy Bento's Abs and Stretch so I did Abs 1 and 2 and stretch #1, 40 minutes, 147 calories. I like the stretches and using the band for some of it. This workout is a 2006 workout (I think by the copyright) She uses the stability ball and weights for some of it. I added some light weight for a couple of non-weighted moves. I remember doing them a lot and then Cathe came out with the set that had the mixes of tough core etc. that used the medicine ball and stability ball and I sort of left Amy's behind. It has a lot of similar moves just not as heavy and the progression is different. The stretches are not done fast so I like that I get to stay in the stretch a bit longer than yoga stretches. Tomorrow I will probably do something total body. I generally like to do each body part at least twice a week.

Roselyn, I hope the mass is something that can be taken care of with no problem. I know that you must be worried.

Jolie, great workout today. You really hit the biceps hard with two workouts. I bet they were feeling it in the end.

Today I did X10 Warm up and step, 22 minutes,149 calories, followed by Flex Train 57 minutes, 265 calories. I finished off with 21 Day Fix Extreme yoga, 31 minutes 107 calories. Total time 1 hour 50 minutes, calories burned 494. I was struggling today. I tried to up the weights a bit but would end up doing Cathe's. I really had planned on more strength work? but , I found I was really sore all over so just went on to yoga.

Today I did Max 30 Tabata
My mom is going to have to surgery, she has urethral cancer so the left kidney that is not viable will have to come out along with the tube that also tunnels into the bladder, hopefully this will also stop the recurrence of bladder stones that can turn into cancer , so praying that they take it out and find nothing else.

Roselyn, I will be praying for your mother. Do they have the surgery scheduled yet?

Today I worked out instead of the usual rest day. Just a quick workout of Ripped With Hiit Low Impact #1 scrambled pre-mix 7, 29 minutes, 200 calories. I also did the fist 10 minutes of budokon flow and flexibility skipping the meditation but doing the spinal warm up.

Today is my rest day. I forgot to post yesterdays workout, so here it is. I did STS # 16 Chest and Triceps only. I like to do shoulders on their own so I will do that body part another day.

Chest Press- 25# x 20, x 15, x 12 (need to go heavier next time)
Back off Set- 20# x 15 TF

Chest Flies- 20# x 12, x 12, x 12
Back off Set- 15# x 20 TF

Incline Chest Press- 25# x 15, x 12, x 12
Back off Set- 20# x 12 TF

Lying Tricep Ext.- 15# x 12, x 10, x 8
Back off Set- 10# x 20 TF

X Body Ext.- 12# x 14, x 14, x 13
Back off Set- 10# x 15 TF

2 Arm Kickbacks- 10# x 15, x 10, x 10
Back off Set- 8# x 12 TF

Roselyn, I hope your mothers surgery is a success. I will pray for her and I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Diane Sue, nice workout and I'm glad you got to spend some time outside.

Debbie, are you back from vacation today? I hope you had a great time!

Today I did High Reps, 65 minutes, 260 calories. Such a lousy calorie burn for all of the sweating and work I put in. I went a bit heavier on most of the moves. I then did Body Max 2, just the power circuits and stretch, 34 minutes, 227 calories, heart rate avg. 121/ max 155 .

Jolie, enjoy your rest day. Nice weight work on chest :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.