Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

had a great time on vacation. We got a pontoon boat and all 16 of us fit on it and they went tubing. Lots of fun and games and movies on the projection screen around the fire pit. Today I did Amy Ross Body Box combos and intervals 1&2, 263 calories. I then did Amy Ross Drop Set Strength Split 2, 54 minutes, 239 calories, chest, biceps, triceps , and core. Total time was 1 hr 40 minutes and calories burned 502
Drop Set Strength Weights most weights are a bit heavier than Amy but some are the same.
see saw press on step 20's X 8 reps; 15's x 10 reps; 12's x 8 reps
extended push up- on toes walk hands out in front push up walk back 8 reps; push ups arms extended but not as far reps; on knees arms extended further push ups 12 reps
flies 20's 8 reps; 15's 10 reps; 12's 12 reps
Biceps
bent over concentration curl dumbbell face back at bottom turn up 20x 8 reps; 15 x 10 reps; 10# x 12reps
standing hammer 17.5's x 8 reps; start in front of thigh 15's x 10 reps; 10's long curl 12 reps ( I am ever a fan of long curls and Amy uses 5's)
seated curls with a drop down pour out that hits the triceps a bit 15's 8 res; 12's 10 reps; 10's 8 reps
Triceps
wide kickbacks 15's 8 reps; 12's 10 reps; 10's 12 reps
overhead extensions bringing dumbbells to press together 12's 8 reps; 10's 10 reps;8's 8 reps
triceps push up drop down push up on step with 3 ricers 8 reps; push up jump to standing step down push up 10 reps; 1 leg elevated push ups 6 right leg up 6 left leg up (hands are in triangle position on all of these)
I won't list core moves since I did that last week.

Doreen that sounds like a tough workout I bet your legs were screaming :)

Belinda, the time seems to go fast with Lucky 7 and it is such a different way to do a weight circuit.

ood afternoon,

I did a 6 mile walk and PiYo Hardcore on the Floor :) Hardcore on the Floor was a tough one :)

Diane Sue - I agree about Lucky 7 :) I liked it. Good job today.

Doreen - how are your legs doing?

Have a wonderful day and workout,everyone.

Just a quick update. Mom had her hip replacement revision surgery + the plates to hold her leg together yesterday. She is not coming out of the anesthesia. She is delirius. The nurses say not to panic. That this does happen after major surgeries, elderly, loss of blood (she did have to have transfusions yesterday), etc. It may take 2-3 days. We are still very nervous. She keeps pulling out her iv's. She has called me saying dad is mad at her and won't talk to her, that he is a liar and not to believe anything he says, she sees things that aren't there. I have worked to get her moved into a new rehab center. Dad did tour it today and he says it is really nice and he feels good about it. We have arranged for paramedic transport from the hospital. She cannot put any weight on that leg for 6 weeks. She was originally scheduled to be released tomorrow, but she needs to come out of the delirium first. My dad and I are besides ourselves.

Laura, I am so sorry. I will keep praying for your mom. Two surgeries has to be taking it's toll on her health. Praying for a fast recovery and that she can leave the hospital soon.

Laura- know you and your parents are in my prayers and that she will come out of the sedative quickly.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Today I did Ice Chiseled Lower Body Basic Mix 6, main, blizzard blast, shoulders, and core. 95 minutes. 591 calories. I went heavier pn Lower Body. It is kind of hard to post weights because every exercise is different and there is no real workout card like there is for the muscle meltdowns.
Muscle Meltdown shoulders 12 reps each exercise, 5 exercises 3 giant sets
overhead press 15's all rounds
upright row 15's all rounds
standing side laterals 8,s; 10's; 10's
front raise 15# all rounds
rear delt on ball 8# all rounds

Doreen, I really like the Ripped with Hiit Circuits. The upper is a good way to hit everything at once.

Good evening

I did my workouts this morning, just getting around to post. Brawler wasn't doing so great with his leg last weekend. He couldn't get up on his own. We called the vet and he recommended water therapy. DH and I took him for this first water therapy. This was also a test to see if he can handle it! This was very cool, he walked under water on a treadmill with a live jacket:) Brawler did very good :) She only let him walk under water for 3 min. He was very tired after that. The gets water therapy and laser therapy twice a week to strengthen this muscles. It's too hot outside to walk him. I hope the water therapy will help him soon. It's so hard seeing him like that :(

I did a 3 mile walk with LS and CLX Burn Intervals. I really like the band work in ChaLeans workouts. They are fun.

I will be back tomorrow and catch up on personals. Good night, ladies.

That's so cool that they have water therapy for you dog! Hopefully it helps him out!

I slept through my alarm this morning. Grr. So I had only a quick workout. I did LWF "Climb Every Mountain" and "chain reaction" for a quick 20 minute workout.

I think it was because I was up too late watching old episodes of Men's Health "Next top trainer" on youtube. I wonder what ever happened with the season 2 winner. He was fun in his final workout but I don't remember seeing him produce a DVD. One think I notice is that the guy's workouts include a lot more hip thrust work. I wish Cathe would include that more in her non-floor work workouts. Its such a good exercise for glutes.

Today I started with Ice Boot Camp Circuit Blizzard blast with the warm up, 17 minutes, 95 calories. I then did Ice Low Impact Sweat all step (#2 and blizzard blast) no warm up, 33 minutes, 246 calories, avg. heart rate 124/ max 157. I then did muscle meltdown back giant sets, 22 minutes, 107 calories and finished off with Amy Bento Abs and Stretch, stretch 2, 16 minutes 35 calories. Total time was 87 minutes and calories burned 483.
Muscle Meltdown back 3 giant sets 5 exercises 12 reps each
one arm row 30; 30; 30
pullover two 20's, 20's; 20's
one arm wide row 25; 25; 25
one arm pullover 17.5; 17.5; 17.5
deadlifts 2 30# dumbbells 30's; 30's' 30's

Belinda, that is so nice that they have that sort of therapy for dogs. I would have not thought about a treadmill in water. So, is it electric and moves on it's own. I am guessing whatever drives it is not in the water. It just makes me curious. I hope that it helps brawler out.

Doreen, I do not know why female instructors do not do some of those moves. You do get a lot with kettle bell workouts though.

Quick update. Mom is still bad. She is in a state where she just yells at my dad and me. We don't love her, everyone is mean to her, she is going to run away, etc. Yesterday she got made at me because she told me that she had gained 161 pounds. I kept trying to tell her that 161 pounds is what she currently weighs. Then I'm lying to her. We moved her into a really nice rehab center. The rooms, pt, dining room, nurses, everyone is really nice. She called us all night long crying saying how horrible it is and why are we leaving her there. My dad is really scared. They keep telling us that this will wear off, but it is not.

My mother in law has not moved into her assisted living facility. We just found out that my brother in law that lives 5 minutes from her has been diagnosed with aggressive terminal cancer. He is in bad shape and putting his affairs in order. DH and I are trying to figure out how to split up our time to take care of everything.

Thanks for your prayers and well wishes.

Diane Sue - if you watch the video, there is a ramp (dogs head is facing it) it's hard to see the door to the water pool . They put the dog in there without water first, than slowly fill the water up to their belly's. Then she turned on the TM after that slowly turned on the jets to simulate this muscles. She had was holding him by his life vest the entire time, to make him walk on the TM. The entire time the girl (she was in her 20's and very nice) where inside the tank with Brawler :) She also secured him inside the tank similar to make sure he didn't drowned. Maybe to lift him up if he starting to have problems with his legs? Who knows? His legs gives out:(

Laura that is so much going on and once. It seems the after affects of the med during surgery would have worn off. I am sure she is still on some stuff though that causes some confusion.

Belinda that is really cool. The dog seems calm.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Finally done with my workout. I did CharLean Extreme Burn it OFF and Recharge, that was a really nice 20 min stretching. Have to remember that one in the future. Short and sweet :) I just realized the workout I did yesterday isn't on CXT D5 :( I guess, I didn't pay attention which disc I pulled out yesterday. I did felt like I did that one before :D Oh well! I got an extra workout in.

Diane Sue - it is very cool. At first Brawler was very nerves, he was fine once he was walking on the TM. I will film it on Friday.

I am done for today.

This morning I did another lift weights faster wo. This time at that the park so a 30 minute bodyweight. "Bodyweight delight" 6 groupings of ladders. Pushup/superman, squat/star jump, bulgarian split squat r/l, hip thrust l&r/both,lunge r&l/jumping lunge. Kinda harder than I thought it looked on paper. We're trying to go backpacking this weekend so see you all Monday!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Good afternoon,

This morning I did CCPP (outside walk with DH). I also did PiYo Drench = 45 min. I really like PiYo Drench.

I will try to be back later. Have a great day and workout everyone.

Today I thought that I might have to go out to run an errand for my husband so I picked a workout that I thought would burn a significant amount of calories without weights. This was Tabatacise with core #1, 55 minutes, 409 calories, heart rate avg. 128/ max 159. I then wanted to revisit the rest of Amy Bento's Abs and Stretch so I did Abs 1 and 2 and stretch #1, 40 minutes, 147 calories. I like the stretches and using the band for some of it. This workout is a 2006 workout (I think by the copyright) She uses the stability ball and weights for some of it. I added some light weight for a couple of non-weighted moves. I remember doing them a lot and then Cathe came out with the set that had the mixes of tough core etc. that used the medicine ball and stability ball and I sort of left Amy's behind. It has a lot of similar moves just not as heavy and the progression is different. The stretches are not done fast so I like that I get to stay in the stretch a bit longer than yoga stretches. Tomorrow I will probably do something total body. I generally like to do each body part at least twice a week.

Doreen, that sound like a nice tough workout. Thinking of parks, my grandson was borrowing some of my equipment. I let him use my heavy super band and the dvd. He was saying his friends all have pull up bars and he wanted one. I told him to go out and use his younger brother and sister's swing set. I mentioned he could do pikes and see saws with his feet in a swing seat. He had not thought of that. He wants to get ready for wrestling again this year. School starts in August.

Belinda, I could see a dog calming down once they start moving. Is Brawler usually good in water? I like Piyo but some of it depends on how my shoulders and low back feel. The to the floor and back up moves sometimes bother me.. I like the Intervals one. Short and does some more intense cardio moves with some not so intense strength moves. I also like the ones that use the gliding discs. I guess we all have our favorites :) Funny that you did one of the Chalean Extreme workouts twice.

Today I did X10 Warm up and step, 22 minutes,149 calories, followed by Flex Train 57 minutes, 265 calories. I finished off with 21 Day Fix Extreme yoga, 31 minutes 107 calories. Total time 1 hour 50 minutes, calories burned 494. I was struggling today. I tried to up the weights a bit but would end up doing Cathe's. I really had planned on more strength work? but , I found I was really sore all over so just went on to yoga.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.