Lowey Body Pyramid

Terina

Cathlete
I did this one today and absolutely love it. I was just wondering for the step up with barbell has anyone gone heavier than Cathe? If so how heavy?

A Fit Granny [emoji1434]

Terina,

There are times I've gone heavier. I have a 20 lb. vest to use and will wear that and hold 10's, 12's and 15's for the step ups and lunges. Then I take the vest off and use a barbell for the rest of the program. I have made the barbell as heavy as possible (for me). It takes me longer to go heavier, so I pause the program at times to get ahead or to catch up!

HTH

Beth

I love PLB. You have made me pull out my notes to get the answer , Terina ;):)

Yes I did lift heavier from 16kg 18,5kg and 21kg. Which is 46,2 pounds for the heaviest load. It's just an estimate. I know cathe lift more off cameras ;):)

Attachments

• DSC_0440.JPG
    DSC_0440.JPG
    870.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
For the step ups I have to put my step at 4 risers instead of 5 as she has them. I have short legs and it's a major cardio strain to try 5 risers. Did this one last night and I'm sore-A good sore [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is interesting you have pointed out risers. I need those 5 risers. In fact I can do 6 without stressing my knees.
Being a 5 foot 7 lady, I need to feel my glute activated at the second step up.:oops::):)

I love PLB. You have made me pull out my notes to get the answer , Terina ;):)

Yes I did lift heavier from 16kg 18,5kg and 21kg. Which is 46,2 pounds for the heaviest load. It's just an estimate. I know cathe lift more off cameras ;):)

Thank you nckfitheart2009. [emoji3] I appreciate your answer it really helps.

A Fit Granny [emoji1434]

I hear you Terina with those 5 risers.
For me they felt challenging enough to not be out of synch --- speed wise with cathe and the crew:);).
I was huff and puffing but still my form was not compromise. Oh and my balance LOL ;);)was on point!

So I will try six and see how I feel next time. I won't increase the weight though.:D:p
It is all about increasing/decreasing risers and/or the weight load.

I tell you, it feels great:p:p:) and challenging finding the accurate height through risers and
selecting the weight. ---Soft spot:)

Enjoy Terina @Terina

I hear you Terina with those 5 risers.
For me they felt challenging enough to not be out of synch --- speed wise with cathe and the crew:);).
I was huff and puffing but still my form was not compromise. Oh and my balance LOL ;);)was on point!

This workout was a popular one last night. I did the Bonus Combo and I found on the second round, I did need to catch myself from wobbling. I may lower it one riser to 4 risers + topper the next time. The cardio/heart rate was pounding away. I started my BB at 22.5#s then went to 25#s then added hand weights. I find the barbell on my back and doing the exercises not the issue. For me, getting the BB over my head at the heavier weight is challenging. That's what I need to work on.:eek::D:)

For the step ups I have to put my step at 4 risers instead of 5 as she has them. I have short legs and it's a major cardio strain to try 5 risers. Did this one last night and I'm sore-A good sore [emoji3][emoji3]

I can relate...I used to use 5 risers and went to 4. It makes it so much more comfortable!

Beth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know right. I've been wanting one so bad, last year when I did STS I researched it but the shipping to Hawaii is little high, it will take some convincing for hubby [emoji23]

A Fit Granny [emoji1434]

Same for me, I do not know how I could justify shipping the unit all the way to Europe.
It does cost! At the same time I know I would use it often for inverted rows:):)

Thank you Nathalie for the encouraging words.:cool: My workout area is a high traffic area in my home and it's where everyone enters when they come in. I build the high tower either the night before or the day of my workout, as is the case with my toys. Everything gets put away into the closet after my workout is complete.:) I'll have to see how I can use the high tower as a rack. I wonder if anyone has utilized it that way and if it's possible.

FireLight
I used to workout in our living room for years, so I can totally relate to taking out and putting away our toys in the closet daily. lol. Last year my daughter got married and moved out so hubby turned her room into my workout root aka my happy place.

A Fit Granny [emoji1434]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.