Damage Control-June Whole30 Style

Hi Ladies,

I wasn't able to fit in a work out yesterday. Work was crazy busy. I watered lawn in the morning and kept moving it every 10 minutes or so. The sprinkler guy will be here tomorrow. My weight is up a bit...that darn cheesecake and some bites of unhealthy treats. Hopefully the weight will be back down this weekend.

I'm leaving for the airport in a bit and will return will my darling granddaughters tonight! So much fun.

LL-sounds like summer time fun for you and the boys is here! We have a kirby and it is amazing! It's kind of a pain when you have to go from upright to using attachments. signed the girls up for a summer camp. We signed them up late since we didn't know when they would be here. I think they will enjoy it. They get to swim and play with other kids. Imax 3 is my favorite of the Imax's.

Tina-you are putting in some crazy long hours. I'm sure you ready for that weekend with your sister! Sounds like a ton of fun. I can remember the last concert I went to. I don't have any planned races, but I was asked to do the triathlon in August. I lost a dear friend a year ago to inflammatory breast cancer. 7 of us trained and did the triathlon together and she was one of them. It sounds like they are trying the other 6 of us to do it in her honor. We may create a team and then I'll just do the bike portion.

Beth-I fell off the whole30 wagon and the scale doesn't like that. I haven't lost any weight with this program, but I've been holding steady (except for this past weekend). Of course I haven't followed the program to a T. Refraining from junk food and chocolate works for me. Learning to have an occasional treat instead of a daily habit has been very helpful. I also have the book It Starts with Food. I've been reading a few pages before bed and it's pretty informative too.

bbl

Hi all,

Diana, I hope your trip went well and everyone is home! I'm starting to think about what food to reintroduce next Friday. Right now I'm leaning towards plain Greek yogurt-Fage is my favorite. It would be a good way to get more protein. I'm going to stay primarily whole30 with just occasional treats. I need to get the book you're reading to understand more about this program. I just love not having any bloat! It makes it all (prepping, cooking breakfast, and avoiding wine, etc.) worthwhile to me.

So I did end up taking Tuesday off. Wed. was Circuit Blast from STS shock series. It was pretty fun! Today I did the 3 set lower body premix from Push Pull. I had to pause at times, but got it done. Tomorrow I'm planning to do the upper body from it-probably 2 sets. I like the Superset approach to that workout-reminds me of the pyramids a bit.

Beth

No time for the XTrain CLB which is on the rotation yesterday and I was too tired by 9:30 at night so I did ICE blizzard blast and the meltdown biceps.

Today is the last day of Camp Little Bear!! I hate to see it end! This is also Little K's last year!! I think I'm more sad than tired!!

Diana- I fell off 21 Day Fix program too. It's just hard during camp. They have snacks that I normally wouldn't eat like pretzels and graham crackers, etc. and I have two parties this weekend. I'm not sure I can say no to everything. But i feel like I should. Have kept my weight steady too but I would really like it to go down!!! I'm stuck at 177-180 I'm 178.7 today and have been all week. [emoji26]

I'm thinking about doing a week of TTM, CF, PRS1&2 and X10 but I feel like I need to have a heavy wt session in there..

Hi Tina and Beth!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I made it back safely with my girls on Wednesday night. I stayed whole30 too! I had 2 egg white mcmuffins-no cheese or bread-which is why I had 2. Just ate the egg whites. Lunch was a grilled chicken salad..so this was not as hard as I anticipated. I've decided I like the sunbutter a little too much so after this jar is gone, I'm going back to almond butter.

Workouts-a little sketchy this week. Thursday I did Tabatacise and nothing on Friday. I had intended to w/o on Friday, but my darling GD broke her pinky and I had to take her to the Dr. She was playing with 3lb weights and smashed her finger. Today I'm back to the May rotation and plan on doing the next BR w/o and PUB. My double w/o's probably won't be happening much on the days the girls are with me. That's okay by me!

Beth-I'm looking forward to going back to my protein shakes after my w/o for sure. So I make a pseudo protein pudding with fage 0% by mixing 1 scoop protein powder with a 1/2 C greek yogurt. I actually make 3 servings of it in my food processor and then measure it out in 3 small containers and put it the refrigerator. I do feel better not eating all the chocolate. This has experience has been a real eye opener for me. I do plan on going back to my 1 glass of red wine on the weekend. I'm also going back to eating every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Getting more veggies and cooking them in different ways is always good. I need to stock up on more veggies for this last week. No worries about pausing your w/o's, I often have to do that. I always pause after the warmup to grab a drink and sometime during the w/o for a few seconds to catch my breath! :)

LL-Wow, you did a w/o at 9:30pm...that's dedication in my book! You Go Girl! Our kiddo's grow up so fast. It was really hard when my first child started kindergarten, not so bad for the other 2 though. In order for any nutrition program to work, you have to be able stick with it. Perhaps this just isn't the best time for 21Day Fix. I haven't been perfect with Whole30, and they want you start over if you slip...after all it's only 30 days. I didn't start over, but I have learned a lot from the process. Losing the belly bloat is awesome. My weight has stayed pretty stable the whole time though, and the whole30 rules say you shouldn't weight yourself except at the start and then again at the end. I simply cannot do that.

Hi Tina...

bbl

Hi all,

Glad to hear you and the girls made it back, Diana. No bad snow storm this time! I'm still doing whole30 and have learned a lot, too. I kind of like going 4-5 hours between meals. Before I always felt like I needed something between breakfast and lunch, but now that I'm eating mostly eggs and veggies, I'm finding the wait ok. I've been working on getting away from my "home from work raid the fridge" habit. I've been having seltzer water then and then working out. It's not been perfect-today I had a big piece of watermelon with my water. It's been hot. I know we're not "supposed" to eat just fruit, but I did. I've been weighing myself, too. I've maintained a 2 lb. loss, which is surprising considering how much food I've been eating. It'll be interesting to see how long I can keep it off and if I have any reactions to any foods/drinks. Workout wise, I wussed out yesterday and did the first 4 premix of Low Max. It was 45 minutes and just felt right. Today is a rest day since I have cards later and I've had to work over the last 3 days.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did a 75 min BR w/o! It was a great way to start my day. I intended to also do PLB, but that will have to be done tomorrow.

We had my MIL over for an early dinner today. DH smoked a ham and I roasted zucchini, mushrooms, red and yellow peppers, and sweet potatoes. I also made some steamed broccoli, and a large salad. I abstained from dessert. Only 4 more days of whole30 to go! Oh and my dear MIL took the girls home tonight and will be watching them tomorrow. They don't start camp until after the 4th of July.

Has anyone read The Four Agreements? What are your thoughts.

Beth-It's summer and I've been eating fruit too. Not a lot, but I've had cherries, apples w/almond butter, and strawberries(sometimes blended w/coconut cream/milk. My weight is basically the same, fluctuate between the same 2-3lbs which is pretty normal for me. I bought some LaCroix lime sparkling water and this one does have some flavor to it. I normally eat 1-2tbsp of almond butter or sunbutter before my morning w/o, but I often don't get my breakfast until 10 or 11. Then my lunch ends up being later in the afternoon. I bought a big package of frozen spinach/kale mix for my upcoming protein smoothies. I need to read up on the re-introduction phase. I don't eat most of the carbs anyway. I do plan on adding back greek yogurt, red wine, occasional dark chocolate, oh and probably peanuts/peanut butter.

Hi Tina and LL!

Diana- I agree I need to stick with something. But I was trying to do the 21DF extreme. Too much. So I'm going for regular 21DF with 3 "cheats" a week. But I did slip yesterday and had cake at a grad party. BUT... I only had one piece of cake instead of 2 or 3 or even going back for extra icing. That is huge for me. [emoji41]

Beth- great in keeping the 2 pound loss! I didn't get in the scale this morning because of the cake yesterday.

I got to boot camp this morning. It had been over a week.

I'm at Children's Hospital of Phila. CHOP for B's tonsils and adenoids coming out.

Hi Tina!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I've embarked on a new loose program:
Day 1: Total Body, heavy weights (MIS, MM, PP, etc.)
Day 2: HiiT/Metabolic
Day 3: Lower Body Circuit (LBB, CLB, etc.)
Day 4: HiiT/Metabolic
Day 5: Total Body Endurance (ME, High Reps)
Day 6: Steady State

I'm adding in yoga when I can. So today I did MM. Doing a total body heavy weight on Mondays is good since I'm always off. If it's my Tues. to work, I can do a short HiiT. If it's not, like tomorrow, I can do a longer one. I've got To The Max picked out for tomorrow. Anyway, I just thought I'd try more, lighter weights more of the time. I've really lightened the weights I use to be more comfortable for me. It's working well and I'm glad to not be getting injured-my ultimate goal now. I will rest between days if I'm just not up for the workout of the day, or just do yoga then.

Speaking of yoga, I have been familiarizing myself with the cell phone and downloaded my first app today called daily yoga-something like that. You can pick a 20, 40, or 60 minute yoga workout and stream it right on the phone and it can be in the room with me.

Got through whole30 cards last night and lunch/cards out today. Last night nobody even mentioned my whole30; but my brother in law did serve olives and celery. Maybe I'll influence others to eat healthier. I feel really good on this way of eating. Although I am looking forward to not being so strict and seeing if my body reacts to anything.

LL, I hope Little B's recovery is speedy and uneventful. I had my adenoids out as a child and fondly remember being happy to have ice cream for dinner that night! Are you doing Bootcamp all summer?

Diana, 75 minutes! You have some energy to burn-wow! I've never read The Four Agreements. What is it about? Is it fiction or nonfiction? Do you recommend it? Glad your w30 is going well. I was reading about reintroduction and choosing to have bites of those foods you really want. M. Hartwig was saying to eat with intention. Take a bite and really enjoy it. Then ask yourself if you really want another. If you do-do the same thing until you are satiated with the food. DH is good about splitting desserts with me so maybe I'll try this next time I run up against something I really want.

Beth

Life is on fast forward right now. Between working two jobs, finishing the bathroom, and cycling, I don't get on to the computer very often. I'm really loving the stable work. The crew I work with is amazing. No drama, everyone just works their hiney off. I work anywhere from 6 to 8.5 hour shifts three days a week, and my Garmin miles are at 7 to 10 miles per shift. I should take a photo of the grounds, it really is stunning. My Cathe workouts are way down. We're doing upper body on Monday/Wednesday and lower body on Tuesday. I'm taking Friday's off from working out because I work at both jobs that day. Cycling has been fantastic, no rain to speak of, except for today. It's DH's 50th bday today, so cake and steak are on the menu tonight! We finally finished painting the bathroom. All that we have left now is hardware install and vanity mirror.

Diana, that book looks fantastic! I put it on my wish list on Audible. It has really great reviews on that site. I've been listening to Peace Is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh, which is similar in subject. Let me know how you like it. Thank goodness you have someone close by to take the girls' for you on occasion. You're a fantastic GM! :)

Beth, I really like your rotation plan. Your dedication to Whole30 is amazing. I don't know how you and Diana are doing it! How many more days are you on it?

LL, I hope your DS is recovering well. It seems like when we we're little, everyone had this surgery, like wisdom teeth removal. You don't hear of it very often now. Will the boys have any more camps this summer?

Off to clean the house. It's a pig sty!

Hi Ladies,

No workout yesterday....my allergies were in full bloom. I took some medicine around 4am but didn't realize I took the nighttime meds instead of the daytime meds...and was late getting up and groggy almost all day. It's going to take me forever to get through the May rotation if I keep taking days off. I have had 9 days off this month. I did count up my w/o's and did 28, that's due to doing double w/o's on some days. It's still better to get in a bit of exercise everyday instead of doubling up. I just do what works for me.

This morning I did Imax 2 before work and PLB at lunch. Yesterday, my food choices were awful...totally ate too much...and not the good stuff either. Needless to say my weight was ugly this morning-as I expected. I back on track today though. Those meds made me so sleepy and I ate so terrible. I'm giving myself several days to get it back down, and drinking tons of water. Thankfully the sunbutter is gone and I will not be buying any more of that, it's just too easy to grab by the spoonful.

breakfast-3 eggs, slices bacon. 1/2 avocado
lunch-grilled chicken breast, 1 1/2 C broccoli & Brussels sprouts
Dinner-will be some kind of protein and more veggies.

LL-hope B is recovering nicely. I have the same food struggles as you. Consistency is key, and I need to work on that myself.

Tina
-wow, you are a busy bee. You say your Cathe w/o's are way down, it doesn't look that way to me! Plus all the miles you get in working your 2 jobs is amazing! Happy Birthday to your DH-enjoy the birthday dinner and dessert! How does your new bathroom look? You'll have to share before and after!

Beth-Your rotation looks great. You've done much better with whole30 than I have. I'm looking forward to a glass of red wine on Friday night for sure. I will also be adding back in Fage 0% greek yogurt. Other than that, I don't eat dairy. I haven't read The Four Agreements, was wondering if our readers-you and Tina-had. The Four Agreements: A practical guide to personal freedom, by Don Miguel Ruiz. My gym actually has a book club too. I don't participate, but do take a look at some of the books they read. One of them was The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. I bought that book but haven't read it yet. I just don't make time to read very often. The Four Agreements looks like a short book that I could get through quickly.

gotta run...bbl

Hi Tina! You sound very active but not crazy busy! B isn't great but I don't expect him to be. JTrain and CDawg are at Wayne Service Week right now. They do service projects in the community and fun stuff at night and sleeping at the church. Then next week we are all home. The next wee the older boys, JTrain and CDawg are Jr. Counselors at Celebration Camp all day, but sleeping at my mom's since she's 10 min from church. The next week, B has soccer camp at the church and he will sleep at my mom's and JTrain will be on his missions trip in Philly. The last week in July we are all home. Then the 3 older boys will be at Adventure camp with church in the Poconos mountains. I will be going with Little K to visit my bff in NC. Then we are all together the second week in August and camps will be over.

I'm working on the house! I cleaned all 4 bathrooms (basement gets cleaned very infrequently), vacuumed and thoroughly dusted the family and play rooms. But there is major declttering that needs to be done in the play room and a corner that is mostly papers and my stuff that needs weeding out. Tomorrow will be dining room and school room cleaning and the fridge. School room needs a completed overhaul. New bookcase and desk for JTrain. I will start with packing up this year's school work and then finish emptying both bookcases. Then I hope to sell the big bookcase (too big and the books always fall down...) and get a new desk. Clean and put stuff back.

Today I did ICE Metabolic Total Body. I don't think I've ever done that all they was thru, only the blizzard blast? Good for me today because it was tough enough but I'm not feeling 100% from being up with B last night for meds and at the hospital all afternoon yesterday. Tomorrow is one of the RWH low impacts and abs. Then LLA and I will have finished the May rotation!!

Beth, B is having ice cream and Popsicles, not enough, hurts too much. Yes, I will continue boot camp all summer. He's starting nutrition classes twice a month starting next month. I hope that will help. I'm back at 180!!☹️[emoji35][emoji30]. I'm back to tracking in MFP. I like your rotation too! I may steal and tweak. What does total body endurance mean? I don't have ME or High Reps...

Hi Diana!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Diana, DH's allergies are also terrible this year. We have not had rain to wash away the pollen. The 4 Agreements sounds like a good book! I'm still reading: I am Malala about a girl in Pakistan who stood up to the Taliban and got shot in the face. It's her memoir (so far). She was just born in 1997 so she's still very young and has been through a lot. DS2 was born in 1996 and I'm just happy he passed his summer course-Statistics.

LL, it sounds like you've got your summer pretty well planned. To me, total body endurance is high reps, mid to lower weight. You might like the Muscle Endurance/Boot Camp DVD. It is really fun. There are good premixes on it and you get good workouts. The Boot Camp used to be my go to on every holiday. Then I started working again and working some holidays and got out of the habit.

Tina, you are getting a lot of functional fitness in working around the stables! I'm surprised you have any energy left afterwards. Glad to hear you like it! Can't wait to see pics of the new bathrooms.

Yesterday I did my HSTA cardio and lower body workout and today was Xtrain LIS HiiT. So far I'm liking this rotation. I will probably take tomorrow off and pick up with ME on Sat. and a cardio on Sunday. Whole30 is over tomorrow, but I'm sticking with the spirit of it, just branching out into some paleo recipes that use the same ingredients in different ways (like the granola). Having a glass of wine tomorrow night and then seeing how it affects me. I plan to stay away from corn, dairy, grains, and processed foods for a while longer. I just feel so good on this!

Off to bed...and looking forward to the weekend!

Beth

Hi all!

I finished the May rotation on Thursday!! I have a cold so I took tomorrow off. I looked in wo manager and noticed what I did last year this time being 10 pound lighter, June 2015 rotation. So I'm going to try that one, with modifications on the ones I don't have. Boot camp will be thrown in when I can get there. Here is what I plan on, forget the days, I'm starting today and just go, rest days happen when they happen. I'm going to increase my water and not try to be nut about other stuff. Big desserts limited to 1-2 times a week, i.e. Bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce, typically a Friday night thing. I think I'm stressing out too much on food. I look at a picture from last year this time and boy my arms looked great! Now they look fat. Not sure if it's food, age or more boot camp (body weight),less heavy wts, more protein and stress or a combo? But it needs to change. I may modify the core work and keep it on the same DVD.

WEEK ONE:

Mon….XTrain Chest & Back & Shoulders
Tues…Kick Punch and Crunch
Wed…..XTrain Legs
Thurs….Hard Strikes
Fri…..XTrain Biceps & Triceps
Sat….XTrain Hard Strikes
Sun….Yoga Relax

WEEK TWO:

Mon…4DS higher Intensity Step
Tues….Party Rockin Step 1 or 2
Wed….4DS…Lower Intensity Step
Thurs….4DS….Kickbox
Fri….4DS…Bootcamp
Sat….Yoga Max
Sun….Off

WEEK THREE:

Mon….LIS…Chest Shoulders Triceps
Tues…..Party Rockin Step 1 or 2 Plus Core Max Segment 2
Wed…LIS … Back Biceps Core
Thurs….Gym Style Legs
Fri…Intensity plus Core Max Segment 1
Sat….IMAX 2 plus Core Max Segment Three
Sun….Off

WEEK FOUR:

Mon….Lift it Hiit It Legs w/Abs 1
Tues….Plyo Hiit 1
Wed….Lift It Hit It Back Biceps Shoulders w/Abs 2
Thurs….Plyo Hiit 2
Fri….Lift It Hit It Chest Triceps Shoulders w/ Abs 1
Sat….Hiit …40/20
Sun….Yoga Relax

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.