Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today I did Ice Boot camp timesaver mix 5 no upper body, 35 minutes, 191 calories, heart rate 109 avg /138 max. I then did Great Clutes compound, chair, and ball segments with the warm up, 40 minutes, 184 calories, 101 avg. / 124 max heart rate. I then did Lean Legs and Abs, chair firewalker and bonus chair with the final stretch, 34 minutes, 116 calories, avg. 90/ max 112 avg. heart rate. Total time was 1 hour 49 minutes, calories burned 496. I kept the weights higher than Cathe on most of the moves on these workouts today. 20's for the deadlifts. I used the heavy blue firewalker band for the firewalkers and a heavy band for the floor work. On the bonus chair on the lean legs I used a used 5# ankle weights above the knees on the leg work after the stuff on the toes, forward leg lifts, angled leg lifts, abductor lifts, and in and out.

Belinda, a vacation trip sounds nice. Pets do cause a bit of a problem at times. We had a mastiff once that was afraid of the storms. When anticipated we would keep her indoors. She ate off our gate multiple times chewing and digging and would go to the neighbors or our front door. It was not a good thing if we had to be out. For such a large dog she was a big ball of frightened pup. She would hide under the bench at the vets office.

Laura, I am so glad your mother is doing so much better. Maybe it is some of the meds that she was given that has to clear her system making her not sleep. I bet you are really tired. I will keep you and your mother in my prayers about this. How is your Dad now that she is home?

Hey girls,

I also did Ilaria Abs & Pushups Plus DVD - Ilaria Montanan = 29 min. That was an intense workout:p Not what I remembered :(

Diane Sue - your dog sounds like mine. We didn't had any thunder so far :(

I will be back tomorrow. Good night.

Mom is doing really well today. She is moving really well. I finally have gotten her to be able to sleep. I have been playing her my audio books. They are putting her to sleep. Dad is just exhausted. He has been sleeping non stop since we got home yesterday.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I've been going all out since Monday.

Great workouts everyone and have a great trip Belinda.

Thanks again.

Mom's great as far as the hip goes. Her blood glucose levels have been dangerously low today. My dad now has the flu. I just got his fever down from 102.5 to 99.1. He has been so sick today. I have literally had about 2 hours sleep in the last two days. And now I'm nursing two. I brought my yoga stuff with me thinking I would at least get time for that, but no go. What a week.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great weekend.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Circuit Upper Body, 46 minutes, 276 calories. I used my HR7 Bluetooth today with the new Polar Beats App. I like the app. It worked well till somewhere in the middle it decided to go up to 200 and then drop to 0. I tried to give it time to right itself then finally paused and switched straps. It went back to working right after that. I then did Ice Muscle Meltdown Biceps, 15 minutes, 83 calories and X Train Burn sets triceps, 14 minutes, 43 calories. I ended with Brook Benton's Butts and Guts Kettlebell workout Express Abs using a 20# kettle bell, 11 minutes with the 2 minute stretch, 60 calories. Total time was 86 minutes, calories burned 472.
Biceps Giant sets 12 reps 3 rounds of 5 exercises
standing curl 17.5#, 17.5#, 17.5
hammer curl 17.5#,17.5#,17.5#
Preacher curl in stability ball 12#, 15#,15#
Incline curl on ball 15#, 15#,15#
concentration curl on ball 15#, 17.5, 17.5#
Triceps
triceps push ups 3 sets
dumbbell lying extension 15's ,15, 15, 10 reps, 10 reps, 14 to failure
one arm kickbacks 15, 15, 15 10,10,15 to failure
burn set tubing overhead extensions

Belinda, I used to have some of Ilaria's workouts. it seemed they were pretty tough. If I remember right the ones I did would work all one side then switch to the other so there was no doing just part of the workout.

Laura, nursing your aging parents is a lot of work. I am sorry that your Dad got the flu. I hope that your mother doesn't get it too. I think it sounds like you need as much rest as you can find for the energy you need to take care of your parents.

Today I did Ice Low impact sweat both workouts and blizzard blast, 54 minutes, 398 calories according the the Polar HR7 and Polar app. It is over a hundred calories more if I use the stats on Calorie burned app. I will keep with the polar though. I love the new app and the read outs on it. I will have to post a picture of my cardio workout on the app today. I also did Les Mills Combat Strength and Stretch, 19 minutes, 71 calories. 73minutes, 469 calories.

Good morning,

Just stopping by and saying Hallo from NYC :) Having lots of fun.

DH and I are getting lots of steps in just walking. We are average between 25K to over 30 K each day :) I ended up buying 2 pairs of comfy shoes since I am here :) I wore sandals the first day, got blisters from hell on my feet :( Walked into the first sports store I saw and bought a pair of running shoes. And yes, I packed running shoes...but DH and I were like 5 hours away from the hotel. Not sure, what are we doing today? I know, I am getting lots of steps in.

Diane Sue - I really like Ilaria workouts. Very low impact and a sweat fest.

Laura - sorry your dad having the flu on top of everything else that is going on right now. Hang in there, girl.

Off to get some breakfast and enjoy the day in NYC! BBL!

Reactions: WD
Rest day today and double family birthday party.

Laura, how is your parents today? I hope that you get some rest.

Belinda, it sounds like you are having a fun time in New York :) Funny, I guess I do not remember Ilaria's workout very well. I don't recall the low impact.

Hi to all. Dad has recovered from the flu. Mom is doing well, she is just very tired and worn out (to be expected). Her diabetes numbers have been all over the place this last week, probably another side effect of the surgery. We got the numbers better yesterday and so far today. I'm making plans to leave sometime tomorrow. I've scheduled help for them for some things they were worried about. I'm making sure everything is clean and tidy before I leave, bills are paid, they have all their meds, etc. I've been sleeping on a sofa for a week. Looking forward to my bed and some rest. Thanks for your well wishes.

Belinda, I hope you loved your trip.

Diane Sue, hope you had a great time at the parties.

Today I did Hard Strikes mix no drills, 35 minutes, 114 avg./151 max heart rate, 210 calories. I then did Ice Upper Body, 42 minutes, 171 calories. Total time 77 minutes, 381 calories. I wanted to do abs too but, I had my grandson come to clean and wax my car and my 5 year old grandson here so I quit there. Boy was my legs and glutes sore when I got up and went upstairs this morning. Once I was up and moving it felt better though. Maybe my kettle bell lower workout should have been a bit shorter :)
Ice Upper Body I can never seem to get the actual count down on reps when I do this.
swinging military press 8# 12 reps
triple dead row/triple upright row/ shrug 12's#
windmills 5's# 8 left 8 right
Hammer Curl/clutch curl 12's# I think this one was 8 reps then 8 both
overhead press/overhead extension 10's#
forward tilt bent arm lateral raise 10's# 2 sets 12 reps, 6 reps
rotational rows 2 sets 12's# 16 reps, 16 reps
discus throw 5# 2 sets 12 reps right and left
3 curls /1 press 10's
triceps push up with leg lift 3 sets 12/8/4 reps
rear delt raise with leg extension 5# 2 sets 12 reps right then left
chest fly with leg extension 2 sets 12's 16, 12 reps
pullover extensions 8's3 sets 16, 16,8reps
bear crawl plank walks BW
high plank descents BW 12 reps
high plank descents wide arm 8 reps and hold
I need to go put together my favorite Paleo Taco soup recipe. I made sure to pick up some peppers and grass fed ground beef when I went to the store today. I needed to pick up stuff for my husband since he is on a fitness and weight loss endeavor with our grandson. It will help him and my grandson who is overweight. I needed plenty of fruit and unfortunately canned peas and green beans. Sprouts does not sell much for canned vegetables. Everything is fresh and frozen. He only likes canned. I wish he loved vegetables. I did pick up raw carrots and celery because he will snack on those.

Laura, sleeping on the sofa had to lead to little rest. I bet you will sleep well when you get home. Bless your heart for taking such good care of your parents !! The double birthday party was for my son and granddaughter so it was at their house combined. We had a great time.

Belinda, how is the NY trip ?

Today I did Party Rockin Step 1, 54 minutes, 318 calories, heart rate avg. 113/ max 159. I did have some issues with the Bluetooth monitor though. I restarted it 3 times. I think the 3rd time my husband had got off of streaming to go use the tread climber. I then did X10 step, 26 minutes, 169 calories, 116 avg. / 149 max heart rate. I was a bit surprised at the max heart rate on X 10 since it seemed I was working so much harder than the previous workout. Total time 80 minutes, 487 calories. I missed abs again. We needed to go vote and my grandson came over to do some yard work and help here before he goes to work later. I hardly slept again last night. I started coughing and sneezing almost as soon as I hit the pillow. These allergies are bad. Today I took down the drapes that have been here since we moved here. I have vacuumed them but they need cleaned or replaced. Couldn't take down the valance because it appears to be fastened to a wooden box frame. I guess it will require a screwdriver. I also cleaned the ceiling fan. I had not done this in awhile. Hopefully this helps. My husband mentioned getting another Honeywell air purifier for our room but the one I have cost my daughter over 225 dollars and she bought me extra filters for replacing. I have an ionic breeze in our room.

Good evening,

I am home again. Miss NYC already:( We had a blast. While we at the Central Park Zoo, got a call from my sister her father in law passed away. I hate cancer. Really sad he passed away :( He was such a good man. I will miss him.

Today I did CharLean Extreme Phase 3 Lean Circuit. I have to revisit CharLean Extreme, I really like the workouts.

Diane Sue - lots of fun :) Have you been to NYC? Glad you enjoyed the birthday party. Ilaria workouts are low impact, she does some burpees but there is a modifier in all her workouts. I have to keep everything low impact.

Laura - ditto what Diane Sue said. Bless your heart :) You are a good daughter. I am sure your parents appreciate it.

I still have some unpacking to do. I will be back tomorrow.

I am finally home. To say I am exhausted is an understatement. My parents wanted to keep me and not let me go. I told them I would be back in a few days to visit. I need a few good days of sleep to regroup.

I hope all of you are doing well and thank you for your kind words.

Good afternoon,

did my workouts this morning, just getting around to post. I did ChaLEAN Extreme Deluxe Upgrade DVD (4 DVD) Lower Body Extreme Zone = 40 min and Extreme Core Circuit = 12 min. I also did LS Walking off the Pounds= 48 min (I skipped the ab workout on the end).

Last night I almost bought Jessica Smith new workouts. It's buy 3 get the new yoga dvd for FREE :) Thank goodness, my DD talked me out. I am glad she did....looked at all my dvd's and realized I really have enough for now:p

Laura - get some rest, girl ((HUGS))

Diane Sue - hope you have a great workout today.

That's it for me today. Have a great day and workout.

Today I thought I wanted to do STS meso 1 upper but looked at all of the push ups and pull ups and changed my mind. I ended up doing Ripped With Hiit chest, shoulders, and triceps, 45 minutes with an extra warm up that I started on STS, 180 calories. I then did Rock Out Knock Out timesaver #1 cardio kickbox, gloved cardio, and stretch, 38 minutes, 225 calories. I finished off with Ripped with Hiit bonus abs #1, using a 12# dumbbell, and bonus abs #2 using a 10 for the toe touch move, 23 minutes, 104 calories. Total time spent was 1 hr 46 minutes, 509 calories.
Flat Bench Press 25# x 12; 22.5 x 12; 22.5 x 12
finisher push ups 16 reps
Incline bench press 22.5# x 12 r x 3 sets
finisher triceps push up 16 reps
incline fly 20# x 12 r x 3 sets
decline push ups 16 r
superset BB overhead press/ upright row 30# x 10/10 x 3 sets
finisher scare crows 5# x 20 reps
superset lateral raise and front raise 10#/15# x 12 reps x 3
finisher external rotation lateral raise 8# x 15 reps
overhead triceps extension standing 30# x 12r; 35# x 12r; 35# x 12r
finisher dips 20 reps
barbell lying triceps extensions 35# x 12 rep x 3 sets
finisher kickbacks 10#

Laura, I bet you are glad to be home. I hope that you can get some good rest.

Belinda, I am slow getting here today as well. I did my workout this morning then made my husband a sandwich and ran to Walmart and to the car dealership to pick up some touch up paint for my husbands car that was ordered. Got home after two and finally found time to eat something. Are those the Chalean Extreme Workouts that has the stability ball incorporated into the abs and cardio that has a lot of upper moves in it? I love that set. I bought it before I got the other ones to use. The dynamic flow yoga is nice with the weighted gloves as well. That lower body workout is tough. The first time I did it I tried to go heavier and there was no way I could keep the weights up that high.

Diane Sue - sounds like you had a very busy day as well. I also did ate lunch around 2 pm :( Yes, these are the CharLean Extreme workouts. I agree, on the lower body..I didn't go very heavy either. Great workout! The ab workout used the stability ball/ hand weights. So far, I really like all the CharLean Extreme workouts. WTG, on your workout today. Looks great! BTW, if you guys see any mistake I make on the 200 dvd's done/ or list a workout twice....please let me know:D The times on CharLean Extreme were all a little off :(

Beachbody is never accurate on their workout times. Sometimes mine are longer because I have to pause to change equipment. Or I add extra stretch time

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Beachbody is never accurate on their workout times. Sometimes mine are longer because I have to pause to change equipment. Or I add extra stretch time

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

They seem always off ? Makes no sense :(

I have two of my grandchildren here so just did a shorter cardio. I did Ice Low Impact Sweat 1 & 2 , 46 minutes, 330 calories

Belinda, I remember somewhere on their site reading that the times are just approximate. So those so called one hour Combat workouts are around 53 minutes. That is one thing that I appreciate with Cathe's later workouts is the times are accurate. Early on though the time included the intro and start up in them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.