All aboard the X-train!

Friday, I woke with my sore throat not better but not worse. I debated but decided to do Hard Strikes, and it was a strong workout. I previewed the conditioning exercises; they would be a great alternative to SuperCuts, doing those along with Hard Strikes.

We had to get up early on Saturday to take a kid to the airport, so I didn't do anything that AM. Came home to wait for client work, so I did some chores, watched some TV and read while waiting. Turned out not to get anything, but still got paid 3 1/2 hours for waiting!

Today, I've been working, and my sore throat is gone. I will read some more while waiting for client work; it looks like I'll have to work tomorrow, too, which I don't love.

3 more weeks of X-train!

Great performance today with Burn Sets C, B and S. I went up in weights on 5 of the exercises, some for only one set, a lot for all three sets. I'm pleased with my gains in strength. Won't be long before I'm chest pressing 30s like she is! :) For now, I'm happy with 20s. I just wish that I would see more definition in my arms. I want the muscles to actually pop. I guess I'll have to accomplish that by losing a few pounds. Still 6-7 pounds from my goal.

Happy Memorial Day! I just saw a bi-plane formation fly over; it was pretty cool.

I'm going to spend the day giving myself a mani/pani and reading while hanging near my computer for client work I'm supposed to received today.

Looking forward to a strong last 3 weeks!

I was walking around with shaky legs for quite a bit after today's leg workout. That is tough!

This week looks pretty much perfect for me. Legs/butt are my problem area, so I'm glad to be working them twice. And, ending the week with Supercuts will be great for the shoulders, which is another area I like to work.

Sorry I have fell out of posting again. We were just terribly busy this weekend. I wish we would have had more down time but it just didn't happen. My SIL has been very ill recently and we were helping with the kids. There was something going on in my house at all times!

I got my workout in today but I missed yesterday. I just needed to sleep and not wake up the house. At least that is what I told myself. LOL

Bis and Tris. I made myself go up in weights on several of the exercises. I didn't quite get to 16 reps on some of them, but I did well. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since doing that workout. I don't know if maybe I missed it once???

Anyway, I figured out that my stability ball is too large, so I ordered a 55 cm one. I have 65 cm, and it was uncomfortable on some of the moves.

Cardio legs today. I'm really tired today, and I was really lagging this morning. So, I did the timesaver mix Rounds 7-12. Plus, I only used 1 riser for my step. Anything to get this workout in. I'm not sure if it was worth it, as I'm SOOO tired today.

Luckily, I don't have to work all day, but it will be a busy day. My husband, who owns his own business, does the 401K for Phoenix Comicon, so we got free tickets to go to that this afternoon. Then, a woman at church is 1st chair violin at the Phoenix Symphony. So, she got us tickets to see the show tonight, which is "Star Trek vs Star Wars," sort of a celebration for the opening of Comicon. So, a fun day, but long.

I know that it is my tiredness talking right now, but I honestly don't know if I can do this. I am running on fumes at this point. I know it is NOT the fault of the X-train rotation. I don't think it is so overwhelming. But, coupled with my super busy work schedule and lack of sleep, I just cannot keep up the pace. I have to get more sleep and rest or I will just wear myself to into the ground. I'm 48, and I have all sorts of aches and pains and I'm holding on to 5 pounds that just won't leave. So, I'm going to have to do something different.

It will start with cutting back my exercising to 5 days a week, and as much as I don't want to, I'm going to have to cut down on my work hours. Hopefully, this is just a busy patch since I am working on a drug launch with one of my clients. Once that gets officially done, things might calm down. I also have to figure out how to get more sleep. It is all well and good for my family to stay up late, but I need 8 hours of sleep. I realistically have to get up at 5 am if I want to get my workout in before work at 7:30 am (I start that early because I am 3 hours behind my clients, who are all on the East Coast). And, since I basically work all day from then on, there is no way to fit a workout in later in the day. I have to get to bed at 9 pm to get that 8 hours of sleep, but the rest of the family is all still up. I might have to have a "family discussion" this weekend to see how things can change.

Not sure if I'll be back tomorrow with Hard Strikes.

No workout today. Our long day meant not getting to bed until around 11 pm. I slept in, but that was only until 6:30 pm so it still was barely enough sleep.

I would like to get in a workout tomorrow. We'll have to see how I feel. If I don't do Super Cuts as per the schedule, I might try Hard Strikes with the conditioning moves.

Hello! I took yesterday off also; I felt like I needed one more day of rest. Today is Sunday, and nothing is on the calendar officially for today. I don't know if I will do anything. Everyone here in my house is sort of feeling run down or sick. I was thinking about doing PiYo just to get a little bit of stretch in. So, I think that's what I'll do when I'm done with this note.

I looked at the schedule for the last two week and made some minor revisions. First of all, I deleted next Saturday's workout since we are going out of town. So, I will only be working out 5 days next week.

For the last week, I deleted AOLIH on Tuesday and added Yoga Relax from the Low Impact Series (I just bought that DVD individually).

Hoping that these next two weeks work won't be as busy and that I can get more rest to really bring it to my workouts. I've decided that I really like X-train except for maybe the AOLIH workout. So, 2 for 2 with ICE and X-train. I don't know if I will buy any other things from Cathe - at least not for a while, because I feel that with all of the bonuses and options, I haven't even tapped into half of what I actually have in terms of workout choices. It will be fun mixing and matching something with ICE and X-train, but I won't do that until the 2nd week of July. We leave for vacation on the 19th, back for a week, and then leave again for another week. I'll use the in between days to revisit the various workouts to help formulate a workout plan. If I design a 12-week program, that takes me all of the way until the end of September, assuming I start on July 11th.

Good morning! I didn't think I would have a very strong performance today for Chest/Back/Shoulders. I went to bed last night with a migraine I'd had all day, and I woke with huge bags under my eyes. Which leads me to believe I didn't sleep well. I don't know if I got some gluten in there somewhere, or maybe too much popcorn from the movie I went to on Saturday -- thought I ate WAY less than normal. I think corn is just one of my trigger foods, so if I continue to eat it, I have to expect issues. It's so hard to kick movie popcorn!!!

Anyway, I did a great job on the workout, despite wondering if I would because I was so tired in the warmup. My goal for this week is clean eating so that I can bring it to every workout.

Have a great day!

Hello!

Tuesday, I woke and my achilles was inflamed and bothering me. I don't know why. I didn't do anything extra as far as walking or jumping. I decided to take the dogs for a walk as a warm up to see how I fared before Tabata. It bothered me pretty much the whole way. So, when I got home, I opted to do my OWN tabata that was very low impact. I really only got through 5 before I decided to quit. Still, I ended up with 3,500 steps when I was done.

I skipped Hard Strikes yesterday as it iwas still bothering me. I've been using my personal ultrasound on it, but it is still sore and inflamed for some reason.

Today was Bis and Tris. I did OK, not great. Kept the same weights and on some of the burn sets I got one rep LESS than last time. I don't know why I feel so tired lately. Eating is OK. Getting the same amount of sleep (7 hours). There are just not enough hours in the day.

I'll try and be back tomorrow for Legs.

Legs today -- it just said "Legs" so I wasn't sure what that meant. None of the premixes, including all sections, matched the time. So, I did Standing and Ball with Rear Delts. Since I'm not doing Super Cuts tomorrow, I wanted to hit my shoulders. And, this way, if I do end up getting a workout in before we leave for our weekend trip, I won't have to worry about specifically doing Super Cuts for the shoulder work.

This was the first time using my new sized ball and it worked well.

I took yesterday off unexpectedly, as we didn't come back from our weekend trip until yesterday. That's OK for me, since I don't love SuperCuts. It's funny how there is one workout from both ICE and X-train that I just don't enjoy, while I pretty much love everything else.

Today, as planned, I subbed in Yoga Relax from the Low-Impact Series for AOLIH. Not knowing what to expect, and short on time, I did Pre-Mix #1 (a time-saver), which was approx 30 minutes, instead of the entire 52-minute workout. Again, I didn't know what to expect, but I LOVED this! I was surprised not to be doing a lot of down dog/up dog/warrior pose, etc. It was more about stretching. This was the perfect activity for me. It was so relaxing!

I've been reading a lot lately about Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and a big thing for women is taking the time to relax, and they recommend "soft" workouts to conserve Qi (pronounced "chee"). I had already decided to incorporate rest days or yoga days into the hybrid that I create, so I look forward to bringing this workout in at least once a week. I think I might also buy Yoga Max (also from the LIS) just to mix it up.

So, the rest of the week look like all fun workouts, and I will plan on bringing my "A" game. I have to catch up and detox after our visit to all of the wineries this past weekend!

Wow, my last Burn Set Chest/Back/Shoulder workout! Really glad to be back from my weekend away and lifting weights. I will say that this workout was tough today after trying to get back after drinking wine all weekend and also sharing a glass last night with my hubby! I stuck to my weight from last time except going up for two sets.

I'm concerned about losing my strength gains after I finish X-train. I know I lost some flexibility not doing PiYo regularly. And, when I don't do cardio, my cardiovascular endurance suffers. I really look forward to what sort of program I can put together that gives me a balance of all three. I am going to start to put together something today. I might possibly start on June 27th, when we are back from vacation because I might not go to CA with my husband in July. It all depends on how our week vacation next week "relaxes" me. Because when I go with him to his work trips, it's all about the dinners and drinking and staying up later, on the go. I'm not sure yet if I'm into that. If I have my kids with me, it's a great excuse not to stay up, so maybe I will go. Because I really do enjoy walking by the water, hanging by the pool, etc. So, I'm torn.

Anyway, can't remember what's on the schedule for tomorrow. Legs? I'll be here regardless.

Today I chose Time Saver Rounds 7-12 for my Cardio Leg Blast option because I decided to also take the dogs for a walk. I haven't really been focusing on getting a certain amount of steps per day, but I did see that today I am at 5,000 so far.

Yesterday, I started building my ICE/X-train/Yoga hybrid in the "Rotations" section. So far, I've only compiled 4 weeks, and I want to create 8 more weeks, for a 12-week program entirely. The weeks consist of 2 strength days, 2 cardio days, 1 yoga day, and 2 rest days. My hope is that the program, coupled with a better diet, will provide more energy and allow me to lose some weight. I want to lose 8 pounds total -- the same 8 that have been hanging around for a while.

I forgot to comment on Friday's workout. That was Bi's and Tri's. I'm surprised I'm not more sore from that. Today, I was doing Hard Strikes, and I could still feel it in my butt/legs from Thursday's workout, but my arms are fine.

Well, anyway, done with all 12 weeks of X-train. Overall, I really like the program. I just think it is a bit intense to have 6 days of just go-go-go. This program would be better served having one of the days be a stretch or yoga day. Or, just some sort of flexibility routine.

I haven't had a chance to continue work on my hybrid. I'm going to go back in and revisit it now, review what I've done, and plug in a few more weeks. I'll post a note when I've finished and then posted it in the rotations section.

I finished my hybrid before we left for vacation, and I posted it. Not sure if it's showing in the rotation section.

This week, I've just been walking, and I've gone to the hotel gym 3 times.

I've been feeling lazy this week. It will be hard getting back in the swing of things when we get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.