Shoe recommendations

Debra G

Hi I'm a new member just looking for some information on shoes . I'm very familiar with walking and running shoes but I'm struggling finding a good shoe for aerobic workouts and lifting ; can you use one shoe for both? I bought Nike trainers and there's just not a lot of support in them and my feet hurt

It depends on what your feet need. I typically look for heel cushion and lateral support. Ive been an Asics fan for years now. I just got a pair of the gel 180 TR. I've gotten this style before and they work for me. It's overwhelming to look for sneakers as the choices seem endless.

Hi Debra, Please remember shoes are built for different sports for a reason because they are a tool. For example a running shoe would be terrible for playing soccer in because although you can run back and forth across the field, your toes would most definitely not be able to withstand kicking the ball. I've been doing Cathe workouts for quite some time now and found that a good cross trainer does the trick for lifting and stepping and kickboxing and HIIT, etc. Essentially it is an excellent overall workhorse for all the stuff we do in her workouts. Ultimately you will want a shoe that is comfortable for you and whatever issues you may have. Also consider your workout surface--aggressive treads tend to trip you up on carpet. I won't suggest a particular brand because, just like jeans, you need to find the brand that fits you the best.

Hi Debra, Please remember shoes are built for different sports for a reason because they are a tool. For example a running shoe would be terrible for playing soccer in because although you can run back and forth across the field, your toes would most definitely not be able to withstand kicking the ball. I've been doing Cathe workouts for quite some time now and found that a good cross trainer does the trick for lifting and stepping and kickboxing and HIIT, etc. Essentially it is an excellent overall workhorse for all the stuff we do in her workouts. Ultimately you will want a shoe that is comfortable for you and whatever issues you may have. Also consider your workout surface--aggressive treads tend to trip you up on carpet. I won't suggest a particular brand because, just like jeans, you need to find the brand that fits you the best.
Thank you. I have been searching different cross trainers. I completely agree

I am getting older now, but I have always used Ryka for floor and step aerobics and kickboxing. For running, I always use Asics.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.