Lifting like girls

Roz - are the traps all from RP, or did you have some before? I hear you about the low back- always the last place for me to lose. In fact I'd end my cut now if it wasn't for the handful of flesh just behind each hip! I used to call them Pinot and Grigio. But I can't blame the wine any longer!!! Curious to know how short your mini cuts are? I've been wondering what the minimum effective time is, ie cutting more than just water.

Karen, it must be tough if you feel run over. Do you think it's because of new stimulus, or is it just simply brutal?

Tom, the Bb curls will come back at some point. No reason to rush them and have another set back. I may try a version of your workout tomorrow - sounds good (obviously way lower weights!)

Lib, XTrain is the perfect lead in to rwh. In fact rwh is only a little bit tougher on the legs, and comparable cardio wise.

Elevator front squats today. 47kg x4x7. The pause just below parallel is agony. I actually felt a little shaky for the first time in a while. Overhead presses weren't as good as last week (more like push presses than they should be), but I managed my step ups to 24" holding a 24kg KB. My heart nearly gave out!

Lisa, hi! Hope you get some time to yourself. Xx

Happy weekend everyone

Cathe is brutal on the lower body.

Justine, the traps made their appearance during my mass last winter while doing Off The Floor (massing + insane deadlift volume = traps). At first I got freaked out, now I like how they give my shoulders shape. I don't feel they look manly. I only look like The Rock when I flex them. :p

Good morning! Answering your question, Justine. I think I feel beat up because, it is new, and it is brutal. I'm trying to make it as difficult as possible. The exercises are easy to do, but I am trying to make it brutal. I didn't push myself during the Winter, so I'm trying to make up for it. The KB program, did leave me gasping, but, before that, Meh! So here I am trying to make up for lost time. Anyway, in week 2, the lifting program remains the same. The cardio program however, has the same stretches, the same format, but the Hiit is different.
Recovery Speed (level 5) ex. walk 1X20 seconds
Intermediate (level7) ex. jog 1X30 seconds
Sprint (level 10) 1X40 seconds
perform the above as a circuit 10X
Fat-Burning Accelerator:
Steady Pace (level 7) jog 1X15 minutes
5 minute cool-down
Then the stretches
Then the core work
Cardio workout this afternoon, then it's on to week 3. Looking at week 3 now, the cardio workout does change a little, the lifting workout is the same for all three weeks.
I do recommend this for a kick start to a cut. It's only 3 weeks, 5 days a week. When I read the information on this workout, Ms. Conrad stated that she made it short and to the point, because she trains celebrities that are getting ready to film, or walk the red carpet. (I don't plan on doing either of these) But she usually has less than a month to get them ready.
So if you are interested, it's online. Clutch Cut.
Elevator squats, Justine? Always make me cry! Nice work on the lats, Roz. I love lats!
Great work everyone. Have a great weekend!

PS. I have been trying to clean all the garbage food from my house. (chips and candy, well, you know what I mean) I take it to work, and it's gone in an instant. Makes me happy, it has not been wasted.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Happy (US) Mother's Day. We had ours in March...but I can celebrate twice, yes?

Yesterday I did some metabolic stuff. Each round lasted 5 mins:
Hip thrusts x5 + stiff leg dl (wide) x5
Duck walks + walking lunges
Stiff leg dl (narrow) x5 + squats x5
Walking lunges + duck walks
Dive bombers x5 + upright row x5
Sit ups x5 + bat mans x5
Pull overs x5 + bench press x5
Close grip push ups x5 + Bicep curls x5

I used 15kg for all but the curls (10kg). And I was shaking!

Today I did HTS, the main lifts being zerchers squats @72kg and bench @45kg. Got pinned when I tried to bench 50! I'm nearly there, though....

Karen, I've got to admit, I like the sound of clutch cut (in a completely masochistic commando sort of way). I may try a few in the next week, as I'll be between programmes. She looks amazing!

Roz, I'm going to be doing a mini-cut, I feel, as I won't quite make my target on this cut. Close. But not quite enough to earn me a mass.

Tom, hope you and the missus are ok - how's her knee?

Lib, you keep on pushing. You continue to amaze me!

Hi Lisa!

Justine, are you on cut 2?
Yeah, cut 2. Considering 3. Gulp. Not prepared to do a non-training day on cut 3 though. Not losing ####s, but leaning out. I've done 10 weeks. Probably could do with losing about another 3-5#. Lean everywhere except back of my hips and back of upper thighs.

Obviously I could just extend the cut an extra week or so. Thoughts appreciated.

Yeah, cut 2. Considering 3. Gulp. Not prepared to do a non-training day on cut 3 though. Not losing ####s, but leaning out. I've done 10 weeks. Probably could do with losing about another 3-5#. Lean everywhere except back of my hips and back of upper thighs.

Obviously I could just extend the cut an extra week or so. Thoughts appreciated.
I don't know... I guess just follow your muse, Justine. I'm sure you look fierce. It's totally a question of your goals, priorities, etc. And I don't mean that with any judgment. I may have cut too low last time then kinda rebounded because it wasn't sustainable, which was emotionally weird. But take that with a grain of brown rice.

Metabolic total body. Ugh. My lower back spammed again, but not as bad, so extra stretching and modifications where needed.

I think it's because I slept a lot yesterday. I am such a dork, I was handing out meds, and my oldest ran to the bathroom, I had his in my hand. Set out mine on the table, and got distracted. Like an idiot, I took the pills in my hand.....which were his. About an hour later, I was exhausted. I am talking to his doc, wow, I was loopy for some time. I feel so stupid.

Anyway, I have tomorrow off, and a five hour round trip. And then finals Wednesday , and Thursday.

Have a great week!

Happy Monday Commandos! I was a slug this weekend, ran a temp and felt lousy Fri night, so didn't get deads and core done Sat..decided I needed a couple of days off. Today I did chest and it felt good! I did a pyramid in 20# increments,starting at 135# after a lighter set warm up, and did sets of 5 up to 215, and that was x2, then back to sets of 5 on the way down, finishing with 155,3x8, and a burnout set at 135# x15. Next was incline bench 5x8 at 135# and finished with 3x20 pushups. I am happy with my improvement on bench, what used to feel heavy doesn't now and that is good! My set at 215# was shallower than the other sets. and I am thinking of getting some of those blocks that attach to the bar and allow you to do board bench without a second person. They are 1-3 board equivalents...any one use these?? Lib, I have had times where I am not sure if I took my meds or not, so I understand!! Have a great one Ladies!!

Tom, funnily enough I was reading about board benching today...I'd not heard of it before. Nice work getting to 215. The rest obviously did you some good.

Roz, thanks for the input on RP. I think I'm finding it difficult to be dispassionate about how my body looks. It's the only time I think I'd like 1:1- so someone else can decide whether I need to cut or mass! Not that I'd pay for 1:1, though. I don't care that much.

I finished HTS today. I've been very, very impressed with it. Particular highlights have been the mobility work thrown in, and core. My obliques are noticeable even under clothes. It's been a good mix of strength and hypertrophy, and lots and lots of new (for me) moves. Highly recommend it.

So now I have a few days before I begin a physique rotation. I'm supposed to deload, but I'd rather just mess around and do some metabolic stuff, try out some moves from my next rotation (work out my 10RM for things), and generally have some fun. I'm going to try a Tom upper body workout (at about half his weights, maybe less), and Karen's clutch cut. I'll also be channelling my inner Lisa and doing some cardio, maybe even step. Any suggestions welcome!

Lib, very, very best of luck with your finals. My daughter has hers at the moment. I'm so glad I'm done with mine! You've got this.

Lift strong everyone! Xx

Justine, congrats on the hard work and the payoff! When it looks good, you know it's working! Today for me was row, row, row your boat...almost literally! Flooded basement again for back day, but was one area that was dry...right in front of my rack, so today was lat pulldowns, 6x120 and 2x100. Then pendlay rows, 6x135, 3 overhands and 3 underhand( I guess that still qualifies?). I finished with 3x12 dumbbell rows with 75s, then pushed some water..ugh! I saw a powerlifting program on Eat to. perform that looks real doable, only I didn't see a lot of shoulder work. If I can figure a way to integrate that, I may give it a go( big step for ADD boy!) I tried to start with some pull ups today, but had to quit at 4...so discouraging, hope I haven't screwed these things up for ever! Off to deal " social justice"..(kidding, promise I am nice!!)

Karen, last time I try one of your suggestions! Day 1 clutch cut almost felled me. The cardio intervals got me in the first few minutes (I did them on my elliptical), and I didn't really recover my heart rate for the rest of the workout. I only did 3 circuits.....clean and press to start. Never an easy move for me. Whole thing (inc stretch etc) took about an hour and a quarter. Great workout. You'll be so ripped by the end of the programme.

Yesterday I spent about 2 hours (!) testing some 10RMs for the physique templates. I also wanted to run through the moves I'd chosen, just to check I hadn't messed it on the selection. It was rather good fun.

Tom, I've heard good things about eat to perform- you can always start a programme, and see how you feel. Well done working out despite the excuse of a flood.

I'm off to London tomorrow. Back at the weekend. I may well check-in from the train.
Have a great rest of the week!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.