Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2016

Today I did Cardio Coach 6 w/Candace but only did Challenge 1, 2 and 4. Had a great workout and I love this one. Was sweating like crazy!!!

Workout was 47 minutes total, ran 3.4 miles burned 306 calories and went 6262 steps. :)

Roselyn - Awesome sauce is so good. Kind of a pain to remember to soak the almonds for 24 hours, but its so worth it! I need to make more.

Diane Sue - Nice eats. You make a lot out of that Paleo book. I need to make more, just haven't had time to sit and look through it.

Jolie - I am having fun with Cathe's older workouts. Looking forward to do Power Hour next week. :)

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Lift it Hit it Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps with Abs 1 plus the stretch, 51 minutes, 227 calories. I then did 10 minute ab chisel from Hammer and Chisel 10 minutes, 41 calories. I finished off with Tai Cheng Phase 4 neural reboot and sequence 1, 43 minutes 112 calories. Total time was 1 hr 43 minutes, 380 calories.

Chest Shoulders and Triceps weights
flat bench press 12 reps 25's, 22.5's. 20's
push up 15 reps
incline bench press 12 reps 22.5, 22.5, 22.5
triceps push up 15 reps
incline fly 12 reps, 20's, 20's, 20'2
decline push up 15 reps
barbell overhead press/upright row 10/10reps 30#,30#,30#
scarecrows 20 reps 5's#
lateral raise/front raise 10's# lateral raise, 15# dumbbell front raise
external rotation lateral raise 5's# 15 reps
overhead extension 12 reps 35#, 31#,31# I used a kettlebell for the 31#
Dips 20 reps straight , 20 reps bent leg

Deb, I am happy with this cookbook. If I buy a cookbook and find at least two recipes I am happy. I have so many that I try one or two recipes and they are not good so I am afraid to try anymore. I have quite a few of the recipes that I make repeatedly from this one and they are all pretty healthy. She doesn't even have junky snacks and desserts in this book.
barbell lying extension 35#, 35#, 30#
kickbacks 20 Reps 10's#

Last edited:
That sauce is good Debbie

i did chest,back,shoulders,calves today will start posting more when my hand is better,

i have been reading up on paleo, are peanuts/peanut butter not paleo

Today I could not get a workout in... I took my oldest son to the DMV to get his drivers permit! I swear, it took half the day to do this! :) Six more months and I wont have to do the 100 per day for driving the boys to school. That will free up a lot of time for me so I can get back to work and get a life. More money in the household would sure be nice with all of the private school tuition and two cars that we need to buy in the next year for the boys.

Have a great day!

Roselyn, peanuts are not generally used in Paleo. They are a legume and there is something to do with leptins in legumes. Peanuts carry molds that have toxins, also the way they are prepared here in the US like roasting is not the best way to get rid of the problems that they cause. Generally countries that boil them and soak (sprout) them like we would beans, do not have the problems that we do with peanuts. Most peanut butters also come with additives and other not so healthy oils and the Omega 6 levels are bad. Anyway, I try not to eat peanut butter too much. I eat it when I run out of a nut butter and just have that urge for something with nuts. I wouldn't keep it in the house but that is one of my husbands go to snacks to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Seriously most nuts should be consumed in low quantities. Their Omega 3 Omega 6 ratio is not the best. The best nut and nut butter option is macadamia for the omega 3 and omega 6 ratio. Sometimes Sprouts Farmers market has fresh ground macadamia butter. It is easy to make nut butter with a food processor. Nuts are one of my big problem foods and seriously I do better if I do not purchase them but sometimes recipes call for them and I end up with extra. I can buy them at Sprouts in the bulk bins and get just what I need. It is my own fault and not being able to resist the temptation.

Jolie, it is the same here for getting the drivers permit. My husband went to the dmv to help my grandson get his and did all of that waiting only to find out it needed one of his parents signature. When they go to driving school here, it takes less time for most stuff. They were able to have an appointment and get in and out quicker. My two that are 16 this month get there licenses the end of the month. My daughter and her family live out in the country on 15 acres and they have to transport their children to and from the private school that they go to. It is a lot of driving.
It is seriously costly to keep them in private school. I can only imagine how much you are having to come up with but I think it is well worth it.

Last edited:
Today's meal
coffee with organic half and half, Amazing Grass Acai Berry superfood, Amino Blast bcaa powder for workout
lunch
chicken breast with awesome sauce and spring salad mix
snack
vanilla whey, dark cocoa powder, almond butter, coconut flakes and silk unsweetened coconut milk
Dinner
Performance Paleo Larb in Lettuce Cups with whole 30 ranch and franks red sauce mixed in
Snack
blackberries, teaspoon raw honey, full fat canned coconut milk
1491 calories carbs 18%; fat 59%; pro 23%

Today I did shoulder work. Had a great workout. I did the shoulder segment of Pyramids but added upright rows in the beginning. This is what I did:

Upright Rows: 30/35/40/35/30 (did these as pyramids)
Reverse Flyes: 8/10/12/10/8
Lateral Raise/Front Raise: 3/5/8/5/3

My shoulders were really burning by the time I got done. That was brutal.

I also did the ab work from Pyramids - forgot how good that one is but wasn't able to do all the pykes - an then I walked on my treadmill for 1.25 miles.

Jolie - 100 miles a day to school? That's a lot of miles. Don't you all have a school closer to home? Also, do you kids get summer break? Wow is all I got to say!!!

Roselyn - Did you have to get stitches? Hope it heals quickly.

Diane Sue - Nice workout and eats. I need to figure out what I'm eating next week for lunch at work. This week I made a springy chicken soup and it was REALLY good. Got it from Cooking Light.

Deb, you should try Paleo Slow Cooker Soups and Stews:healthy family. I got it a couple of years ago through amazon. The download is only .99. I love the taco soup recipe. I make half though because it uses 3 pounds of ground beef. My granddaughter raves over it and went home telling her parents how great it was. I will be making it soon so she can have some when the are staying here next week.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Today I did Power Strike 5 with 1 pound gloves and Pyramid Upper Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps and some ab work. Kickboxing workout I burned 453 calories! Total workout was 1 hour 27 minutes and I burned 700 calories. Average heart rate was 134 and the max was 185. I'm going to stick with kickboxing for awhile, I am see some great results!!!

Shoulders I used 5#, 8# and 10#, reps 12, 10, 8, 10, 12
Triceps I used Same weights and same pattern
Biceps I used 10#, 12#, 15#, same rep pattern

Debbie, there are some great schools closer to us but they both got picked up on Football Scholarships which is huge since it costs $20,ooo per year per child to go to this Private Catholic School. We only have to pay a fraction of the tuition so the drive is worth it. Also, a lot of collage recruiters are on campus watching the players so hopefully they get picked up to play college football too! :)

Diane Sue, I wish I lived in the country like your daughter does, hopefully one day I can do that again. I grew up in a town called Ojai ( close to Santa Barbara) which is beautiful and I want to live in that type of environment again. My family had 5 acres with horses, ducks, pigs, geese, goats and chickens. I have an equestrian back ground and want to ride again when the boys are off and on their own.

Roselyn, how is the hand?

I hope everyone has a great day today TGIF!!!

the hand is healing not as fast as i would like

debbie they were going to put 3 stitches in but used that glue with being by the knuckle i bent it yesterday :( and it bled a bit, so did not lift today but did cardio and abs

Diane Sue thanks for the info about peanuts and peanut butter, i am going to give it up for awhile (I will miss it)

Today I did the Low Impact series Low Impact Challenge Extreme Mix, 72 minutes, 563 calories. Today my youngest grandson turns two. We are having his birthday party this evening at my daughter's in the country so he can see the cows :) He loves cows. All books and things with cows. They are having pizza so I am bringing salad. I have a feeling between tonight and Sunday it will be a bit hard to stay on track. My daughter is bringing enchiladas Sunday for mother's day dinner. I do love enchiladas :D

Jolie, I know where Ojai is. My grandmother lived in Orange most of my life. I met my husband in California and we lived in different areas of Southern California. When we left Ca we were living in Anaheim. My husbands sister lived in Irvine and my parents lived in Pomona and Chula Vista, my husbands family lived around Villa Park. I hate the congested areas and really would not want to live there again. I know there are beautiful areas there. I remember driving to my grandmothers and all of the orange groves that smelled so awesome. Then as it built up more and more they were all gone. I still have family and my husband does too that live out there.

Roselyn, I have stopped major cuts with super glue when they would keep bleeding. I am clumsy and I swear when I get something like that I am smacking it on something. My daughter that is in dermatology is the one that gave me the heads up on superglue. Stitches would be uncomfortable on a joint.
I really kind of lost my taste for peanut butter after I started eating real nut butters. The problem with peanut butter is it is cheap. You still have to watch the other nut butters because some, like Jif Cashew butter had other oils in it and sugar. The good brands are more expensive. I usually buy Maranatha Almond butter if I get it at Walmart. Otherwise at Sprouts I get the fresh ground in tubs that suggest refrigeration.

Today's meal
more carbs than usual but that is okay
morning coffee, organic half and half, Amazing Grass green superfood acai berry, Amino Boost bcaa powder with workout
lunch
Performance Paleo garlic lemon shrimp with cauliflower grits 2 servings
Dinner (birthday party definitely not paleo)
1 slice pizza
breadstick
cracked pepper and olive oil Triscuits
snack
grass fed whey, cocoa, almond butter, coconut milk canned, a few 60% cacao chocolate chips, tsp honey
1,433 calories 28% carbs; 45% fat; 27% protein

Today I did 21 Day Fix Extreme Dirty 30 from one of my Chisel dvds, 33 minutes, 185 calories. I followed this with Kelly Coffey's Strength and Stamina workout #1 with no cardio leg blasts mix, 38 minutes, 194 calories. Workout 71 minutes, calories burned, 374 calories. I spen 35 minutes when I was done doing foam rolling and Strong knees calf work with the stretch segment. I was always a bit disappointed in this knee workout because it is basically the same general stretches from other workouts. It has a lot of information and stuff that would be great for someone who had not done workouts before and needed help with their knees. When I had the knee surgery I had purchased this one and Yoga Tune Up series knee dvd. I much prefer the Yoga Tune up dvd.
Dirty 30 was all upper lower work segments 3 rounds each exercise pair is done for 1 minute
rnd 1 curtsy lunge/half moon light weight I used 8#
squat shoulder press 8#
repeat
rnd 2
heavy push up renegade row 10's#
side lunge sword pull 10# first time then 8#
repeat
rnd 3 single leg squat /upright row 8's # set 1 10's set 2
lunge bicep hammer curl rest then repeat lunge, bicep, hammer curl
Bonus Core plank knee I and across with opposing arm pull through30 seconds left then 30 seconds right

Strength and Stamina each exercise pair is done 3 sets followed by a kettlebell swing segment
w/up then halos with the kettlebell
reverse pec deck 10# pair 12 reps
goblet squat set 1 15's# then I just used a 20# kettlebell for the other two sets
20# double arm kettlebell swings
biceps supinating curl 15# each hand 12 reps
reverse lunge front lunch 1 set x 15's; 2 sets by 12's
20# kettlebell 1 arm swings
shoulders overhead press 12 reps 12# dumbbells all 3 sets
deadlift 15's 12 reps 3 sets
kettlebell figure 8
triceps overhead extension balance on one foot I used a 20# kettlebell instead of dumbbell
side lunge pass dumbbell under leg (figure 8) 15#
3 sets
kettlebell alternating swings
mat chest press alternating 15#12 reps 3rd set double press add on
hip lifts 15# pair 12 reps
3 sets

Happy Mothers Day to you and your mothers!

Todays workout was kickboxing, Les Mills Combat 30 and PowerStrike 4. I use 1# gloves for both workouts. Then I ended with Abs from High Reps. Workout was 1 hour and 20 minutes and I burned 658 Calories. My average heart rate was 138 and max was 169. I slept 10 hours last night so I feel great today.

All I wanted for Mother's Day was a good nights sleep so my husband took the boys to the shooting range and out to dinner last night so I could go to bed early. :)

I did a little shopping with my husband yesterday, he wanted to buy me something for Mothers Day. I got a Kate Spade White Tote Bag with a scalloped edge for summer. I love it. I tried on some dresses but I did not like the way I looked in them. I look to muscular and bulky. I am going to change things up a bit and do more cardio and higher rep workouts to get leaner. I love lifting heavy but when you start looking like a football player (exaggeration but close to the truth) and your a woman its time to make some changes. ;) I'm going to subscribe to Cathe Live and try those along with my kickboxing workouts and see what that does to my body. Change is always good!!!

I think we are going out to lunch today so my eating will be bad!!!! We are going to PF Changs and I will order some sushi.

Have a great day!

Today I did half of Power Hour. Last time I did this workout was in 2005!!! Had an ok workout. I like this workout but way too many reps for me. My neck was starting to tighten up and that is never good with the problems I have with my upper back and neck. I won't be able to work out on Friday so I'm going to finish Power Hour on Wednesday and do two cardios this week.

This is what I did:
Squats - 30#
Plie Squats - 15#

Pushups
Dumbbell Flyes
- 15's
Barbell Press - 40# but should have gone way lighter, this was tough

Deadlifts/Barbell Row - 25# should have gone heavier
One Arm Rows - 12# Should have used 15#

Then walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

Jolie - I know EXACTLY what you mean. I have gained so much muscle that I also feel like I look like a football player. I don't understand how I go from nothing to this in a period of 6 months. I'm not even sure how to remedy it, because I love lifting heavy. Maybe more of the kinds of workouts like I did today might help? I can't go heavy with these types of workouts. I don't know. I wish I could find a balance between all this stuff.

Diane Sue - Nice workouts this weekend. I did well with my eats because I bit a chunk out of my tongue somehow (not even sure how I did it but I did) and it hurts so bad I could hardly eat anything this weekend but. Well, I ate, but only things that wouldn't bother it, which wasn't much. It still hurts but not as bad, I am hungry so hopefully I can eat something today.

Roselyn - That sucks about your hand, I hope he heals fast. I hate when that stuff happens.

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Today I did STS Total Body - Upper Body Premix. I tried to go down in weight but I the exercises do not seem too difficult to do. With that said I did some extra exercises at the end of the workout. First set is 16 reps of each tri set and then when you repeat the tri set you do 12 reps. No rest in between the exercises. I changed a few of the exercise up since I cant do dip and I hate pushups ( they hurt my shoulder).

Bench Press- 25# x 16 reps, x 12 reps
Chest Flies- 15#
Close grip press- 15#
Bonus set- Lying tricep ext. - 10# x 20 reps

Barbell Rows- 50# x 16 reps, x 12 reps
1 Arm Rows- 25#
DB Bicep Curls- 15#
Bonus Set- W Curls - 12# x 20 reps

DB Overhead Shoulder Press- 15# x 16 reps, x 12 reps
Wide Grip Upright Rows DB- 15#
Lat Raises- 8 #
Bonus Set- Rear Flies- 10# x 20 reps

Extra:
Bench Press DB- 20# x 16 reps
Cross Body Tricep ext- 10# x 16 reps
Shoulder Press DB- 15# x 16 reps
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 20 reps
Hammer Curls- 15# x 16 reps

I hope you all have a great workout today.

Debbie, I was going to do Power Hour but I changed my mind once I read your post. STS Total Body is fun, you should try it. I'm going to do the lower body premix this week as well.

Today I started with Ripped With Hiit Lift it Hit it Back, shoulders, and biceps, abs in place of finishers, adding the final crazy 8 finisher and stretch to the end, 54 minutes, 231 calories. I then did All Out Low Impact Hiit double step cardio mix, 30 minutes 209 calories. I finished off with Combo 1 then abs and stretch from Zero To Sixty. I used 2# for combo 1. I guess that was really the warm up but I did not want to do anymore than that. I have a lot to get done around here since my 15 year old and 5 year old grandchildren will be coming tomorrow night and staying for a week. They both have activities I am going to be running them to along with before and after school.
Total time was 1 hour and 42 minutes, 519 calories. Plus all of the extra time I spent trying to get my Polar Bluetooth heartrate monitor to work right before I gave up and got out my watch and transmitter:mad: I took the time to go downstairs and email Polar to let them know how unhappy I am with their product and them since I sent it in once already and had to pay to mail it. They did nothing. The only thing left in the room that could possibly be interfering would be my television and dvd player. If that were the case then the thing is useless to me.
Rant, over. I had a nice weekend. The birthday party for my grandson who is 2 . He got to feed treats to the cows and the bull. Very little interest in holding a chicken :) Then Mothers Day here and everyone got to come except one granddaughter who had to work. I got this idea today of maybe taking Hammer Build Up and just part of the segments, like the biceps which is all grouped in a round and the triceps all grouped in a round and the core group. I don't want to do pull ups. If/when I do these again I will use the tubing. I am afraid of hurting my shoulder again.
Lift it Hit it back, shoulders, biceps abs are all from abs#2
1 arm row, 12 reps 35#; 35#; 35#
pull over 12 reps 40#; 40#; 40#
one arm angled row 12 reps 30#; 30#; 30#
abs
rear delt flies 12 reps 15# each hand; 15's; 15's
prone rear delts 5# pair all 3 sets
abs
biceps curls barbell 12 reps 40# all 3 sets
concentration curl one arm 12 reps 22.5# 10reps 20# 2 sets
simultaneous standing hammer curls 12 reps each arm 20#; 20#; 17.5#

Debbie, I always want to thump myself for not being careful when I bite my tongue like that. Then it swells and I will end up biting it some more. :rolleyes: I totally understand you having to be careful what you ate.

Jolie, that was so nice that your husband helped out so you could get some much needed rest. I wish I could sleep for 10 hours. I kow what you mean about the bulk. It seems when it hits time to bare the arms I start feeling more self conscious of how big my arms are. I don't usually get negative comments though. One time I had a guy in the grocery store comment that I probably did not need help because I looked like I could handle carrying my groceries out. I like muscle as long as it keeps the femininity with it. If I don't see something for all of my work I feel like I am wasting my time.

hectic weekend my dad is in the hospital he has internal bleeding again (had ulcers in september) just a lot going on, with heart (his rate was 29 saturday when we got him the er!and he was up that morning doing his normal stuff),lungs, kidneys pretty scary right now poor guy. so send some prayers as we see what happens day to day. so i did one of my workouts yesterday and rested today.

Roselyn, I am sorry you had all of that this weekend. I will be praying for him.

I ordered Cathe's Ice Low Impact Sweat and Upper body workouts today. I am not sure about the lower. It has the cardio blasts with lower work. I really do not like doing all of that plyo stuff all of the time. Once in awhile is okay but not too much. I got some new vanilla whey from Amazon that is grass fed, with organic stevia and tastes really good. The price was good too. It is bodylogix Natural Whey. Interesting container though. It is a tub made out of the same type of material egg cartons that are kind of a cardboard?? It has a plastic bag type of liner and the top screw on. I just thought it was surprising. It probably saved money on packaging.
Meals today ( I doubt I will get to this every day over the next week but will try to keep up)
Usual breakfast coffee, organic half and half, Amazing Grass super food acai berry, Amino Blast bcaa powder during workout
lunch
Wild Diet bison taco salad topped with some avocado mayonnaise
snack
1/2 scoop vanilla whey
coconut milk full fat
shredded unsweetened coconut
dark chocolate cocoa powder
1 tbs dark cocoa powder
dinner
fage greek yogurt
raw walnuts chopped
almond/coconut milk to thin it
whey protein powder 1 scoop
dark chocolate chips
1354 calories 16% carbs 54% fat 29% protein

I had steak strips thawed and asparagus ready to cook and just didn't feel like cooking it. I m having allergy issues. I made all of these bowls of Paleo slow cooker taco soup and I need to avoid tomatoes because they are not low histamine. When it gets better I will eat the soup. It is in the freezer. I think I still have some shrimp and cauliflower grits in the freezer too. I think I should not have had the chocolate today too. I did not put tomatoes on my taco salad, just the peppers and onions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.